Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Ahab1776

Aiming arial torpedos

2 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,866 posts
11,113 battles

This is a question for the plane dropped toroedos. Is it necessary to have the torpedo speed captain skill for higher tier CV torpedo runs? Just now starting to get a feel for randoms with CV. Still having trouble getting hits with torpedo bombers. Even on BB's. Found out can't even approach T8 CV's. Had a entire squadron blasted out of the air with what amounted to a arial AA broadside. Instant delete/blap

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,690 posts

Unlike the old CVs I don't think that the skill is all that good now. Your plane can get in and arm torps pretty close without the skill. The closer the torps need to be to arm the closer your plane needs to be and the more damage you will take.

Try starting your run earlier and waiting for the indicators to narrow down. Play Coop and you will soon get an idea of how to lead what ships. I'd concentrate on bigger ships at first. In the PVE environment good luck in hitting a good DD player. I saw one avoid about 25 torpedoes dropped by two CVs in a game just now. The DD was only 10 km from them too. Why they didn't switch to rockets is beyond me.

Edited by Snargfargle

Sign in to follow this