Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
axyarthur

Hakaryu (aka flying Shimakaze) is still terrifying

16 comments in this topic

[CHASE]
[CHASE]
Beta Testers
319 posts
11,198 battles

latest video by iChase:

maybe this needs a bit of balancing????

• Funny 1

[AK-47]
Members
252 posts
5,733 battles

Just watched this video, really good video. The previous one about CV is also pretty good. I only have a T4 CV so can't try this out.

Hope WG gonna watch this and address this issue.

BTW, a question, what's gonna happen if you division in 3 Haku and use this strategy(if division in 3 Haku is possible)? Kind of want to see what's gonna happen....

[MIA-I]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,799 posts
8,642 battles

When players learn to watch out for Hakuryu torpedoes this tactic won't be all that useful. In fact today I've had games where I couldn't do much damage because players used a cheat called WASD. You may still annoy battleships by forcing them to turn, but with AA screening, fighter support, or hydrocoustic search that won't really work out too well either. It will take a while, but players will learn to adapt. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[FML]
Members
3,040 posts
13,061 battles
27 minutes ago, Tom_Lin said:

Just watched this video, really good video. The previous one about CV is also pretty good. I only have a T4 CV so can't try this out.

BTW, a question, what's gonna happen if you division in 3 Haku and use this strategy(if division in 3 Haku is possible)? Kind of want to see what's gonna happen....

Iirc you can only have 1 CV in a division - a hard limit. 

[WOLFB]
Members
2,949 posts
12,435 battles

Wait for the Audacious to come live as it is right now. You won't be disappointed :Smile_hiding:

[SIM]
Members
4,000 posts
6,730 battles

I just faced iChase and another guy in paired Hakuryus (not in a division), while in my Musashi. I started out in a group of three other ships. All of them bugged out on me as soon as the planes started coming in. Suffice to say, mine was the first ship to die in the battle. :Smile_unsure:

Edited by SkaerKrow

[CHASE]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,050 posts
7,766 battles
42 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

I just faced iChase and another guy in paired Hakuryus (not in a division), while in my Musashi. I started out in a group of three other ships. All of them bugged out on me as soon as the planes started coming in. Suffice to say, mine was the first ship to die in the battle. :Smile_unsure:

Yeah ._. sorry bout that...the infinite torpedo spam probably didn't help ._.

[SIM]
Members
4,000 posts
6,730 battles
Just now, iChase said:

Yeah ._. sorry bout that...the infinite torpedo spam probably didn't help ._.

You should have seen the team chat. The other BB and the cruiser with me were going on like they had CV PTSD. The plan had been to stick together for mutual AA, but as soon as the planes appeared, it was abject panic. Thanks for putting in the work with the CVs lately, it’s important that we see what these things can do in the hands of really good players. 

[CHASE]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,050 posts
7,766 battles
7 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

You should have seen the team chat. The other BB and the cruiser with me were going on like they had CV PTSD. The plan had been to stick together for mutual AA, but as soon as the planes appeared, it was abject panic. Thanks for putting in the work with the CVs lately, it’s important that we see what these things can do in the hands of really good players. 

:Smile_veryhappy: this gave me a good chuckle. Cheers bud :cap_like:

Members
127 posts
15,414 battles

Was thinking of popping on to play a few games.. seeing ichase is on.. and in cvs.. I'll stick to my fishing game.

[TMS]
Members
2,739 posts
27,064 battles

I'll add iChase to my contacts to see when he is on and to make sure if he is on he is in battle before i queue up.

[WOLF3]
Members
1,683 posts
6,399 battles

I subscribe to iChaseGaming on you tube and boy am I glad I do.  He never disappoints.  I have all of his Captain's Academy videos.  Great info in all of them.

His last two videos were pretty amazing.  Back to back carrier videos both showing unbeatable tactics.  I knew he was one of the very best CV drivers, but holy crap!  I never could have figured this stuff out, but it looks like anyone can do it with a little practice.

This makes me want to free xp my way to tier 10 so I can vomit rocket planes and flood the seas with eleventybazillion torpedoes too!

Hey, WG!  Are you watching this?

Edited by Captain_Slattery

[CHBK]
Members
562 posts
2,576 battles
11 hours ago, Tom_Lin said:

Carriers cant division together.

Sign in to follow this