Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CybrSlydr

So, in this new Meta, is the Gearing better to have than the Fletcher?

3 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
2,094 posts
2,135 battles

Was enjoying the Fletcher prior to 8.0.  Now with all the CVs and AA needed, I'm wondering if I should just get the Gearing now.

[AK]
Members
273 posts
7,086 battles

Been grinding the Fletcher since before and after the update. It's actually pretty good at killing planes right now and my only real problem is getting spotted by rocket planes early on. I don't have the Gearing yet so I can't shed any light on that area.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Members
654 posts
14,397 battles
1 hour ago, CybrSlydr said:

Was enjoying the Fletcher prior to 8.0.  Now with all the CVs and AA needed, I'm wondering if I should just get the Gearing now.

Fletcher still remains the better all round dd imho.

However, the Gearing with the legendary module (5.6 conceal) may be a bit better now with all the cvs in game as it is a bit harder to be detected. Note I said harder, not impossible. Having the longer range on the torps is also a bit more workable as planes no longer spot them, so even if you are detected u can still try a hail Mary launch.

I have both, but haven't tried running full aa build on either. I intend to try some different captain builds before the free change is stopped however.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this