Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Anij

CV rework-laundry list

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

567
Members
367 posts
8,261 battles

 CV rework failures

Simply put CV players are having a lot of fun while the rest are having less fun. In some tiers you really can’t play your ship as you are constantly harassed while in other tiers CVs are more or less helpless.

Below is a list of everything wrong with the CV rework and basically this is everything that needs to be fixed:

 

The Major Mistakes

All odd CVs were eliminatedà1st major indicator patch was messed up. All work should have stopped right here!

CVs have an unlimited plane supplyà2nd major indicator the patch was messed up

CVs have no fighters to protect shipsà3rd major indicator patch was messed up

CVs will only be allowed to launch 1 squadron and not control their shipà4th major indicator patch was messed up

 

 Then we have all this:

  • CVs plane reload times are too fast
  • CVs can launch immediately at the start of the game
  • CV rocket attacks almost always get some hits and have a very high chance for causing fires
  • CVs can harass DDs non-stop and thanks to lower HP pool usually sink them
  • CVs have reduced DDs to 0-2 per game
  • CV aircraft losses mean nothing due to unlimited planes allowing for continuous harassment of all classes especially DDs from beginning to the end of battle
  • CVs unlimited aircraft means players cannot get breaks from CV strikes during battle because aircraft cool down is too fast
  • CVs high turn around times means many players are continuously spotted through out the battle
  • DDs cannot defend against CV harassment in below Tier 8
  • DDs in Tier 8+ have unrealistically strong AA- Shot down 16 in Benson with no AA build-That’s just stupid!
  • CVs can continually harass players in most classes in TIER 6 except for a few cruisers because AA is too weak
  • CVs cannot support team properly in TIER 8+ because AA is OP-Shot down 32 with Montana with no sector skill
  • CVs can abuse the F-key to maintain/abuse and create faster plane respawns
  • CVs have to drop torpedoes unrealistically close to ships because the torpedoes are too slow
  • CVs torpedo strikes get shredded in high TIER 8+ and suffer minimal losses in TIER 6
  • CVs dive bombers drop bombs realistically close to ships
  • CV Aiming mechanics are not working properly
  • CV population per game is uncapped. Average 2 with as many as 3
  • CVs are in every game giving players in other classes of ships no breaks
  • CV drivers cannot control their ships
  • CV drivers have no control over their consumables/repairs etc
  • CV aircraft flight mechanics are limited-Left right but no up and down to increase survivability
  • CVs have to launch partial strikes instead of using a single pass hence reducing survivability in TIER 8 +. Non attacking planes still get hit 
  • CVs have to launch partial strikes in T4 hence reducing effectiveness- In TIER 4 out of 3 torpedo planes you attack with 1 only-->IDIOTIC!!!
  • AA shoots through mountains/terrain in some cases/possibly a map bug
  • BB ghost salvos

 

I could go on because I am sure you can add at least 20 more items to this but I feel these are the big ones. All the bulleted items DON’T NEED ADDITIONAL DATA! That’s the stuff that should have been fixed before the putting this on the live server. You were warned by the players to take your time, testers told you it was not ready! We are fine if you take a year to do it properly!

 

End resultà CV rework has made the skill gap even worse

Well done WG you tossed the RTS to eliminate the skill gap and all you did was make it even worse.

Edited by Anij
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
567
Members
367 posts
8,261 battles
4 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

What if I told you they still have limited planes?

they don't..so lets not even argue that ok. I am seriously pissed off and u know your wrong. The turn around time is too damn fast. There are always planes above ..always. In the RTS you launched, you attacked you flew all your squadrons back and repeat. Now you can launch a new attack before your first strike even gets halfway home. In tier 8+ its less of an issue because AA is op but..hey hit the magical F key and guess what..new strike on the way!! That's why there are planes constantly over head and that is wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,223
[SBS]
Members
4,610 posts
2,408 battles
6 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

What if I told you they still have limited planes?

What if someone told you that its not possible to run out of planes?  Don't try to spin respawning planes as "limited". 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
567
Members
367 posts
8,261 battles
2 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

What if someone told you that its not possible to run out of planes?  Don't try to spin respawning planes as "limited". 

thank u!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
675 posts
8,010 battles

Lower tier AA is in especially bad shape whit many ships AA strength being in single digits or none at all.  When CV's had the option to send a fighter squad to help that was one thing but now ships at low tiers are all but defenseless.  Even at T5 with a full aa spec Omaha which has one of the better AA strengths I am hard pressed to do more than 8k AA damage and have yet to shoot down more than 8 planes even tho being constantly attacked. This would be on my list of things that need to be addressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,017
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
8,203 posts
19 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

What if someone told you that its not possible to run out of planes?  Don't try to spin respawning planes as "limited". 

That's the key question, and the one that the "but the matches aren't infinitely long, so there aren't infinite planes" talking point keep trying to dodge.

Yes, the battles run out of time.  That means planes stop dying, too. 

But as long as the battle goes, no matter how many planes are lost, there are always more. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
567
Members
367 posts
8,261 battles
2 minutes ago, Malamute_Kid said:

Lower tier AA is in especially bad shape whit many ships AA strength being in single digits or none at all.  When CV's had the option to send a fighter squad to help that was one thing but now ships at low tiers are all but defenseless.  Even at T5 with a full aa spec Omaha which has one of the better AA strengths I am hard pressed to do more than 8k AA damage and have yet to shoot down more than 8 planes even tho being constantly attacked. This would be on my list of things that need to be addressed.

totally agree its in really bad shape. Prior to patch 8.0 a Omaha, Pensacola or a New Mexico were decent when it came to AA but now its very hard to fight of CV strike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,969
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,690 posts

Play a DD and get your squadrons decimated by AA ships and then come to me and cry "But CVs now have unlimited planes!" Technically, the planes are unlimited. However, in reality you are going to lose planes and it takes time to restore them. I've played many a battle this weekend where I've run out of my favorite planes, the rocket-carrying Corsairs. Also, when you finally can launch more, you will only have one attack group until you wait more time for the full squadron to assemble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
567
Members
367 posts
8,261 battles
1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

That's the key question, and the one that the "but the matches aren't infinitely long, so there aren't infinite planes" talking point keep trying to dodge.

Yes, the battles run out of time.  That means planes stop dying, too. 

But as long as the battle goes, no matter how many planes are lost, there are always more. 

 

I am not  good at making points but this is exactly it. Theres always more and they are always there..look at the difference in cycles

Independence TIER6 -30 seconds to launch 1st squadron--> fly to target--> launch attack with both squadrons-->fly back-->reload-->30 seconds to next launch more if you lost all your planes in a strike

Now-8.0

Ranger TIER6 -launch 1st squadron--> fly to target--> launch attack--hit Fkey-->launch 2nd squadron-->fly to target-->launch strike--hit f key--Launch 3rd squadron-->fly to target-->launch strike--hit Fkey..

The whole thing depends on how many planes you lose but you can see in the how effectively 1 CV can shut a DD or any ship down..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,017
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
8,203 posts
12 minutes ago, Anij said:

totally agree its in really bad shape. Prior to patch 8.0 a Omaha, Pensacola or a New Mexico were decent when it came to AA but now its very hard to fight of CV strike

New Mexico looks OK based on number of flak bursts, and range, but then that really bad hit chance comes up. 

Pensacola is OK at protecting itself against planes that get close, but can't offer much protection for other ships, because of its weak range.  Same with New Orleans.  Both suffer a lot from the giant nerf to AFT and loss of other range boosts.

Omaha has no AA guns classified as long range, and a weak medium zone both in range and in power. 

Wyoming went from a ship that was surprisingly good against enemy aircraft, especially if specced right, to a ship with garbage AA.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
567
Members
367 posts
8,261 battles
20 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Play a DD and get your squadrons decimated by AA ships and then come to me and cry "But CVs now have unlimited planes!" Technically, the planes are unlimited. However, in reality you are going to lose planes and it takes time to restore them. I've played many a battle this weekend where I've run out of my favorite planes, the rocket-carrying Corsairs. Also, when you finally can launch more, you will only have one attack group until you wait more time for the full squadron to assemble. 

Actually it doesn't-

Here is how it suppose to be

  • Launch Rocket Aircraft-Fly to target--Launch attack 1-Launch attack 2-Launch attack 3--->planes auto return--
  • Launch Dive bombers Aircraft-Fly to target--Launch attack 1-Launch attack 2-Launch attack 3--->planes auto return--
  • Launch Torpedoes Aircraft-Fly to target--Launch attack 1-Launch attack 2-Launch attack 3--->planes auto return--

Heres how CV players are artificially increase the cycle rate--its on youtube and it was I think a video by Jingles who showed how u can reduce the reload time

  • Launch Rocket Aircraft-Fly to target--Launch attack 1-hit F key
  • Launch Dive bombers Aircraft-Fly to target--Launch attack 1-Hit F key
  • Launch Torpedoes Aircraft-Fly to target--Launch attack 1-Hit  F key

Heres why they do it. Since your planes are unlikely to survive all 3 attacks on ships why not just launch 1 attack reduce the risk of losing some most or even all them and in return you get a really high reload cycle. Its brilliant because your first strike is usually the most effective so just hit the F key prevent the losses and launch the next 1. Unless your a total noob who loses all his aircraft on the first pass-- this is nearly a fool proof system of high cycle rates for planes and im betting you do as much if not more damage

Edited by Anij

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
189
[CHBK]
Members
562 posts
2,576 battles
35 minutes ago, Anij said:

Actually it doesn't-

Here is how it suppose to be

  • Launch Rocket Aircraft-Fly to target--Launch attack 1-Launch attack 2-Launch attack 3--->planes auto return--
  • Launch Dive bombers Aircraft-Fly to target--Launch attack 1-Launch attack 2-Launch attack 3--->planes auto return--
  • Launch Torpedoes Aircraft-Fly to target--Launch attack 1-Launch attack 2-Launch attack 3--->planes auto return--

Heres how CV players are artificially increase the cycle rate--its on youtube and it was I think a video by Jingles who showed how u can reduce the reload time

  • Launch Rocket Aircraft-Fly to target--Launch attack 1-hit F key
  • Launch Dive bombers Aircraft-Fly to target--Launch attack 1-Hit F key
  • Launch Torpedoes Aircraft-Fly to target--Launch attack 1-Hit  F key

Heres why they do it. Since your planes are unlikely to survive all 3 attacks on ships why not just launch 1 attack reduce the risk of losing some most or even all them and in return you get a really high reload cycle. Its brilliant because your first strike is usually the most effective so just hit the F key prevent the losses and launch the next 1. Unless your a total noob who loses all his aircraft on the first pass-- this is nearly a fool proof system of high cycle rates for planes and im betting you do as much if not more damage

Notser pointed this out too.   Theres no point to committing multiple strikes, you are just risking your planes, because during and after the strike are the points in time your planes are most likely to get wrecked.  Especially at higher tiers this is a good strategy because your new squadron can get into the fight so quickly.

 

They should stick a cool down on for launching another squadron after they are recalled.  If buffing attack damage for planes is the trade off I can live with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×