You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DarkStormy

I'm liking the rework, whats wrong with me!

12 comments in this topic

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
484 posts
5,063 battles

I'm sure I'll take some grief for this, But I'm really liking the rework.

I've had better games in the last 2 days, than I've had in months.

There's more action and actual TEAM WORK, just yesterday I watched and ad hock battle group form up in chat 2 uptiered BB's and 2 AA Cruisers! they crushed all that stood in there way let me tell you. 

Concealment Expert is no longer a must have thus freeing up 4 captain points on BB builds.

The CV's don't insta-delete you anymore, I actually dodged torps and shot down 9 planes in a Musashi! 

I'm not saying that it doesn't need tweaks, DD's need to be buffed a bit, and the AA needs some work, the sector AA thing is ridiculous. 

I'm sorry for those of you rage quitting, but if you give it a chance you might find that you really enjoy the new challenges, I know that I am.

• Cool 8

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,716 posts
16 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

There's more action and actual TEAM WORK, just yesterday I watched and ad hock battle group form up in chat 2 uptiered BB's and 2 AA Cruisers! they crushed all that stood in there way let me tell you. 

Concealment Expert is no longer a must have thus freeing up 4 captain points on BB builds.

The CV's don't insta-delete you anymore, I actually dodged torps and shot down 9 planes in a Musashi! 

I'm not saying that it doesn't need tweaks, DD's need to be buffed a bit, and the AA needs some work, the sector AA thing is ridiculous. 

I'm sorry for those of you rage quitting, but if you give it a chance you might find that you really enjoy the new challenges, I know that I am.

I'd give you an upvote but I've run out. Therefore, I'm giving you a kitten instead.

cute-kittens-9-57b30aa5797eb__605.jpg

• Cool 1

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,961 posts
10,319 battles

Its nothing wrong with you, its AA; thats whhats wrong. 

The flack blast from long and medium ranged AA isn't proportional to the number of AA mounts. Mahan, with the DFAA hull has 4 guns but only 1 flack burst. 

Atlanta has 16 guns with 14 to a broasaide but only 6? 

And texas! Dont get me started with that ship. Yeah her 76mm AA counts in with the bofors, but 3.5km maximum AA range isnt cutting it.

AA needs to he directly proportional to the number of AA mounts.

O dont know about contemporary AA mounts, but the 5/38s were unique with their proximity fuse shells. Perhaps with a proportional increase in flack burst, the flack damage of the 5/38s should be reduced in exchange for a proportional increase in accuracy and density.

In addition, Dive Bombers, should start out/transit at the altitude they dive to bomb; because the rise and dive effect throws off aiming; especially if your on a laptop pad like myself.

I also would like to see the return to different flight module set ups like we had in the last. I hate dive bombers now, but rocket fighters and torpedo bombers are alright ro me.

The patch isn't half as awful as its being made out to be. But there is a considerable amount of work that needa to be done. Work like proportional AA flack and squadron handling.

I also would like to see flack burst at the rate of fire of the mount firing them; at least at the secondary mount equivalent.

[TDRB]
Members
3,153 posts
9,532 battles

Why would you think there is something wrong with you? We all see this change from a personal perspective.

I see some issues & will wait to see how, if & when WG addresses them.

[RLGN]
Members
11,674 posts
20,672 battles
17 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I'd give you an upvote but I've run out. Therefore, I'm giving you a kitten instead.

cute-kittens-9-57b30aa5797eb__605.jpg

A plus for your kitten then.

[HINON]
Members
11,619 posts
43 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

II'm liking the rework, whats wrong with me!

MgrY0lT.gif

/s

• Funny 1

[WPP1]
[WPP1]
Beta Testers
727 posts
4,720 battles
48 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

I'm out up upvotes too, but I agree about the teamwork. Now you have to actually play as a team to get things done. It's a totally different concept for so many lone wolves that they can't even see its value. 

jRlqbAe.gif

[THOR]
Members
321 posts
4,835 battles

You are not alone I like it also. Spec aa  use your sectors shooting down planes like crazy.

Flak looks cool. Had to relearn and adjust. Kinda like had to adjust to all the radar.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,477 posts
10,386 battles

You like it, good for you, some of us hate it, well, not good for us. 

CE is more of a concern for me on CV's, as we no longer have control of our ship when planes are up and no- the map does not count when you have to dodge. Also, some of my cruisers, that were reliant on stealth. (pretty sure RIP my stealth torp Takao). Outside my DD's though and to an extent some CV's - never saw CE as mandatory.

No offense, but I keep seeing people prattle on about teamwork. "People play more as a team", "staying as a team actually defeats CV's", blah blah blah - some who complained about RTS CV's. And I can tell you as someone that plays all types and lines, if some of these same Muppets had bloody well done it in RTS, like they were told, multiple times - they'd have whined less about getting nuked because they wouldn't have been alone with AA we can get through. Look, I was better at RTS CV's than my stats showed, I chose not to exploit broken things and got the divided team usually - but when I got the team that stuck together and wasn't having to babysit 11 other ships - my team beat players I should have lost too because I didn't have to cover them as much, usually only over extended DD's, but could focus more on attacking ships that had run out with no cover. Teamwork has always been more OP than a CV. 

Dodged and shot down more in an Arizona during RTS. But that's besides the point. "Insta deletes". 68536 - That is the highest damage not from Taiho, Hak and Midway that a CV player could almost bet on from it's TB's - Hiryu and Shokaku. The USN line capped under 60k. Sure, that'll wreck a cruiser, or a DD, or a -2 BB but there's a few Proviso's. For starters to deal that much damage - you had to hit 8/8 torpedoes. Even if you hit 8/8 torpedoes yeah, DD is still dead after 3 hits but they have a flat 10% damage reduction, all ships have 10% on bow and stern, and most ships have torp protection that is sometimes significant. And so nearly 70k sometimes becomes 40k. Yeah, that's still high. I'm one of the first to say RTS CV's needed less alpha, but how did they fix this issue in the rework? Was it reducing how many planes attack at a time? not really, 8 planes is 8 planes, and the time between attacks is negligible enough. The accuracy? Again, not really, it's more a case of re-adapting to aiming, eventually we'll be bulls eyeing targets with torps again.No, the answer is far simpler - they nerfed the Alpha damage. That is why we are less often insta deleting ships, and could have and should have been done just as easily in RTS. 

There were ways to fix RTS in the interim - to make it better even if long run they were going to this gameplay but it would have made it easier to get people to back off and PROPERLY test this before releasing it on the live server. US player averages are up for the moment - the two big servers as of early this morning thanks to the patch together lost about 43% of their average players. This change wasn't ready, they were told, they didn't listen. Best case scenario, they are only gone for now. Worst case scenario at minimum you just a huge chunk of business assuming it doesn't get worse from here, which it could cause no one knows what way it is going to go. They created unnecessary chaos. 

What if tomorrow Wargaming said that you with your Musashi and other BB players were incapable of steering the hull while aiming your turrets so you had to use the map, but oh now you control each turret one at a time and use each barrel? That your Musashi would have to change tiers because half the tech tree is being removed, to be turned into ships that shoot water to put out fires as an idea to make them "different"? That you'd no longer have the historical 18 inch guns, but they were going to give you 16 inch guns instead? That you could only use HE ammo now of a type they never used? Throw every bit of history out the window?

There are many reasons those of us that hate it hate, and those that like it like it. 

And you say about "enjoying the new challenges" here's the problem - there isn't really any, much as I'm not rage quitting. Grouped ships and some like Salem and Mino are still near impossible to attack. It's not a challenge it's a slaughter. But then there's the opposite, when ships are alone - and that isn't a challenge for me either. I fly in, dodge the AA, hit the target, repeat, rack up 100k games because the only way to have a challenge is to basically completely sabotage myself or start drinking so heavily that I'm impaired. When you had those rare matches of no strafing, when having your fighters at the right place and time, trying to make them fight where you want, out thinking them, using auto drops that gave the enemy a better chance to dodge, but if you were smart or good, that didn't happen, using various tactics including some used in real life - THAT was a challenge. Without strafe, without manual drop - it was a battle of wit's, a battle of brains of out thinking, of making the enemy player do what you wanted to do to beat him. Of knowing you'll miss the cruiser, but the dodge will put him broadside to BB's, or that Def AA will actually spread the torps out, hitting 2 ships that think they are safe, of making him dodge left so that he gets hit from the right. It was Khan vs Kirk in Wrath of Khan, particularly near the end, as opposed to Rocky which, I love, I come from the area, but always comes down to just 2 guys beating one another for a few minutes till someone stays down.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,499 posts
21,834 battles

Well there is nothing wrong with you. Personally I hate what they have done but you only have to look at the forums and Reddit to see that the posters are split pretty evenly about it. 

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,232 posts
6,077 battles

the CV rework is FUN.

it needs a lot of buffs and nerfs but it's fun now,i can't stop playing it.]

i'm holding myself waiting for graf zep and the stuka sirens.