Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

CV Top-Down Map Glitch or Feature?

3 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,690 posts

In a game just now I found myself unable to set waypoints with my CV while in top-down view. However, I also could ping map, like I was in a non-CV ship. After several back-and-forths from plane to ship view I finally got the waypoints to work again. Was I pressing a key that I didn't know of that toggled this feature? It would be nice to know how to do this because for two years I've been wanting the ability to ping the map when playing a CV.  

[RLGN]
Members
11,652 posts
20,642 battles
39 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

In a game just now I found myself unable to set waypoints with my CV while in top-down view. However, I also could ping map, like I was in a non-CV ship. After several back-and-forths from plane to ship view I finally got the waypoints to work again. Was I pressing a key that I didn't know of that toggled this feature? It would be nice to know how to do this because for two years I've been wanting the ability to ping the map when playing a CV.  

Switch is usual the M key, even under the old system, and you could always ping the map; though it was one of the interface items I’ll admit was wonky, and doing so would sometimes lead to some serious ‘what the bloody hell?!?’ moments with your carrier, (accidental waypoints.)

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
809 posts
11,789 battles

I like how every now and again, if I set a second waypoint a touch too close to the first, my CV just goes in circles.  Too close to an island and it's a Notser.  :Smile_hiding:

Sign in to follow this