You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Dirt

What's the schedule for the Rework of the CV Rework?

15 comments in this topic

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,777 posts
4,839 battles

Maybe next patch?

[S-N-D]
Members
2,700 posts
7,046 battles

Aside from AA/Damage adjustments what you see is what you get. What do you think is being reworked on a fundamental level?

Alpha Tester
7,113 posts
3,732 battles

They're going to review the data from the week Monday when they get to the office.

After they review the data and identify the biggest issues they're going to come up with some solutions and get them to the test server as quickly as possible.

After testing they'll deploy them to live. This goes for ship balance individually too.

That's kind of what they said Friday in the QnA.

[PVE]
Members
1,293 posts
12,592 battles
10 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

and get them to the test server as quickly as possible

So directly to the game you mean.

[RC_MP]
[RC_MP]
Members
521 posts
15,463 battles

0.8.0 Fighters became a consumable. RTS gameplay removed.

0.8.1 Plane controls removed due to skill disparity between players. CV launches planes using 1-0 keys while locked onto a target ship. AI controlled planes drop their ordinance automatically. Ship AAA increased 2x to help players deal with airborne threats.

0.8.2 CV became consumables. Players may obtain consumable via special containers dropped from the sky by seagulls. When activated, CV consumable will send 1 rocket, bomb, or torpedo plane at a selected grid on the map per minute for 3 minutes. 240 sec CD. 1 charge per container, not affected by superintendent skill. 

0.8.3 CVs removed from the game due to player demands. SS added to the game before eventual decline in playerbase.

Disclaimer: This is meant as satire. I am not a WG employee or speaking on behalf of WG by any means.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Alpha Tester
7,113 posts
3,732 battles
18 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

So directly to the game you mean.

Did I stutter?

[PVE]
Members
1,293 posts
12,592 battles
5 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

Did I stutter?

I don't know, could have.

[KSE]
Beta Testers
392 posts
13,419 battles
1 hour ago, Madwolf05 said:

Did I stutter?

wha-wha-what....

Members
743 posts
4,264 battles
1 hour ago, _Caliph_ said:

Aside from AA/Damage adjustments what you see is what you get. What do you think is being reworked on a fundamental level?

I doubt this. I don't see how they can leave spotting in this form especially if they want CVs to be in competitive. I expect map wide spotting for the team to be one of the first things on the chopping block. Either its going to a super limited radius or map only for the team. At the moment its one of the most broken aspects of the rework.

Edited by ksix

Members
24,058 posts
6,042 battles
22 minutes ago, ksix said:

I doubt this. I don't see how they can leave spotting in this form especially if they want CVs to be in competitive. I expect map wide spotting for the team to be one of the first things on the chopping block. Either its going to a super limited radius or map only for the team. At the moment its one of the most broken aspects of the rework.

Easiest thing to do would be limit CVs to 1 a side. For all we know, that'll largely happen without help.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,535 posts
21,838 battles
12 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Easiest thing to do would be limit CVs to 1 a side. For all we know, that'll largely happen without help.

That would help loads with the salt coming from DD players. Two carriers on a side is bad, three is just a whole new level of stupid. 

Members
743 posts
4,264 battles
3 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

That would help loads with the salt coming from DD players. Two carriers on a side is bad, three is just a whole new level of stupid. 

3 can only happen when the mm dumps due to waiting time. I haven't seen anymore than 2 and actually 1 or 0 more and more often as people discover that CVs have poor damage potential. 3 seems to only be happening at CV introductory tiers.

Edited by ksix

[ARS]
Beta Testers
3,341 posts
3,227 battles
47 minutes ago, ksix said:

They stated that spotting has been reduced per carrier already.  They don't expect the glut of carriers to sustain and that their ideal population is a single carrier on each side in 75% of matches with two per side being very rare and three per side being almost non-existent.  I am not sure if they see 24% of games having two CVs per side, but to me that is not "very rare" so my interpretation of the statement would be 75% of games with a CV on each side, 20% with no CVs and 4-5% with two per side and less than 1% with three per side.