Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Planes shot down: 90 or more

14 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
563 posts
14,437 battles

Don’t have a screenshot of it,  but Wednesday I had a game with 268 total planes shot down by both teams.

edit:  oh....89 by ONE ship.....I didn’t look that close....that is.....wow.....

Edited by RumpledSteelskins

[NWNG]
Members
2,940 posts
4,831 battles
12 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Post your screen shot if you find one with more than 89.

89.thumb.jpg.21c86226bec26541be77126fda19650d.jpg

Wait, I thought CVs were supposed to be OP, yet none of the 4 made it to top of the chart for their team... what gives?

And 89 by a single ship: DAMN!!!

[WOLF2]
Members
563 posts
14,437 battles

And I just also noticed....the Atlanta, an AA ship that SURVIVED the game didn’t get a single plane kill.  Lol!!!

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
20 posts
5,331 battles

Note how every ship on the N-Cal's team with 40mm Bofors and PomPoms got plane kills. That's the problem with T6 CV's; your planes have ~1100hp taking 1400dmg 40mm flak hits on the attack runs. The Atlanta has 1050dmg flak in the med AA zone...

The other problem is the N-Cal got only 2k base for 89 planes and 3 kills on a win... where are the AA rewards??

[BOTO]
Members
712 posts
11,507 battles
28 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Post your screen shot if you find one with more than 89.

89.thumb.jpg.21c86226bec26541be77126fda19650d.jpg

Were you running all the AA captain skills and ship modules? Were you buffing your AA zones or leaving them balanced?

One of the carriers you were facing was a Ranger, so this doesn't really count, does it? :Smile_Default:

Members
152 posts
8,715 battles

That's crazy. And what CV driver in their right mind focuses on a top-tier NC?

Well done, in any case. And I am now a believer that sector switching is mandatory. A pain to do while maneuvering, though. Mejash was wondering if they could assign sectors to 2 keys, instead of that clunky interface, which sounds like a great idea.

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
483 posts
5,520 battles
1 minute ago, minor_correction said:

That's crazy. And what CV driver in their right mind focuses on a top-tier NC?

Well done, in any case. And I am now a believer that sector switching is mandatory. A pain to do while maneuvering, though. Mejash was wondering if they could assign sectors to 2 keys, instead of that clunky interface, which sounds like a great idea.

Don't even have to attack it for the AA to completely ruin your planes.  Thanks to how the new flak mechanics are, if you dip into their flak range just briefly you can end up losing your entire squadron if flak lands right on top of your planes.  This is a huge problem for the T6 CVs that go up against T8 ships that can put large numbers of flak into the air right on top of their planes.

Members
152 posts
8,715 battles
14 minutes ago, Deno said:

Don't even have to attack it for the AA to completely ruin your planes.  Thanks to how the new flak mechanics are, if you dip into their flak range just briefly you can end up losing your entire squadron if flak lands right on top of your planes.  This is a huge problem for the T6 CVs that go up against T8 ships that can put large numbers of flak into the air right on top of their planes.

Ah, true.

[CNO]
Members
5,066 posts
15,923 battles
1 hour ago, RumpledSteelskins said:

And I just also noticed....the Atlanta, an AA ship that SURVIVED the game didn’t get a single plane kill.  Lol!!!

LoL...that....would....be....ME!!!!  I tried.  Seems the CV captains knew to avoid Atlanta.

1 hour ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

Were you running all the AA captain skills and ship modules? Were you buffing your AA zones or leaving them balanced?

One of the carriers you were facing was a Ranger, so this doesn't really count, does it? :Smile_Default:

I was the Atlanta.  

[TNG-3]
Members
92 posts
4,711 battles
2 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Wait, I thought CVs were supposed to be OP, yet none of the 4 made it to top of the chart for their team... what gives?

And 89 by a single ship: DAMN!!!

Tier X carriers are definitely OP - just like always :p These poor bottom-tier carriers were just fodder. It's all part of the excessive strength differences between tiers.

[LUCK]
Members
1,701 posts
24,101 battles

That battle was on Keviseeb's Twitch stream the other night. He was in the Pensacola.

Both CVs were attacking the NC.

Sign in to follow this