You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FoxRiver1

CV Rework is Trash

9 comments in this topic

[-PVE-]
Members
5 posts

The title pretty much says it all. Either put it back the way it was, or just get rid of the CVs completely.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[QQ7]
Members
479 posts
3,541 battles

Work has already been done, in no shape or form are they able to put it back.

I'm not all thrilled with it either except for the new animation for AA shells exploding. That part is awesome. But everything else is eh.  

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles
29 minutes ago, FoxRiver1 said:

The title pretty much says it all. Either put it back the way it was, or just get rid of the CVs completely.

Do you hate playing them?

Or playing against?

[NDA]
Supertester
5,269 posts
15,852 battles

I wouldn't go as far to say the 0.8.0 is garbage but it isn't fun. 

If you fly a CV and get equal or top tier to the enemies you can do work

If you get bottom tier as CV you're pretty screwed. Unless you have some super unicorn skill level.

Destroyers have it very hard right now and I've seen less at all tiers. Guess they are smartly hiding in Rank. 

Oddly Battleships are better than some Cruisers at defending the fleet with their AA. 

A few Cruisers are good at fending off CV Sky Cancer. But that is only if the CV is of equal or lesser Tier.

Face a CV above your Cruisers Tier and again you're kind of Screwed. Its sad that one issue I consistently provided Feed back to WG was Ignored. I lost track of the times I filled out surveys or posted feed back about the inequities of AA dependent on Tier of ship vs. Tier of CV planes. A T8 Cleveland can Decimate the planes from a T6 Flat top and can do some damage to a T8 Flat top. But if its a T10 Carrier coming after you good luck and I hope you have a Life Vest. And this was the same before the Stupid CV rework patch. Even Tier 10 AA boats like the DesMoines and Worcester can struggle against Tier 10 Carriers. I had a game with the DesMoines where the only way I could down planes was to turn on my Defensive Fire but than DF wasn't needed to Gut a whole Squad of T8 bombers. 

I find it funny people say "but the CV can only be in one place now". Um did they forget that most CVs can drop a Fighter Squad to hover over a cap while their Attack planes keep scouting? Or that we now have 2 and some times 3 Carriers per match? Two Carriers can lock down the cap points on a map and force the other team into defensive camping positions and I'm seeing a lot of teams hanging back and not engaging. 

Lastly the Sector Switching mechanic they Added is stupid. The UI for it gets in the way of sailing and fighting. They should have keep the old Control and Click as its much simpler to use. At least with the old method I wasn't forced to play a stupid mini game of guessing where the planes are coming from. Oh wait they flew around the Selected Sector and its going to take time to swing the AA guns around. But while I mess with that I'm getting shot at and have to dodge incoming. All the while getting more frustrated with this patch. 

:Smile-angry:

[CRMSN]
Members
8,615 posts
9,287 battles
Just now, RedSeaBear said:

I wouldn't go as far to say the 0.8.0 is garbage but it isn't fun. 

If you fly a CV and get equal or top tier to the enemies you can do work

If you get bottom tier as CV you're pretty screwed. Unless you have some super unicorn skill level.

Destroyers have it very hard right now and I've seen less at all tiers. Guess they are smartly hiding in Rank. 

Oddly Battleships are better than some Cruisers at defending the fleet with their AA. 

A few Cruisers are good at fending off CV Sky Cancer. But that is only if the CV is of equal or lesser Tier.

Face a CV above your Cruisers Tier and again you're kind of Screwed. Its sad that one issue I consistently provided Feed back to WG was Ignored. I lost track of the times I filled out surveys or posted feed back about the inequities of AA dependent on Tier of ship vs. Tier of CV planes. A T8 Cleveland can Decimate the planes from a T6 Flat top and can do some damage to a T8 Flat top. But if its a T10 Carrier coming after you good luck and I hope you have a Life Vest. And this was the same before the Stupid CV rework patch. Even Tier 10 AA boats like the DesMoines and Worcester can struggle against Tier 10 Carriers. I had a game with the DesMoines where the only way I could down planes was to turn on my Defensive Fire but than DF wasn't needed to Gut a whole Squad of T8 bombers. 

I find it funny people say "but the CV can only be in one place now". Um did they forget that most CVs can drop a Fighter Squad to hover over a cap while their Attack planes keep scouting? Or that we now have 2 and some times 3 Carriers per match? Two Carriers can lock down the cap points on a map and force the other team into defensive camping positions and I'm seeing a lot of teams hanging back and not engaging. 

Lastly the Sector Switching mechanic they Added is stupid. The UI for it gets in the way of sailing and fighting. They should have keep the old Control and Click as its much simpler to use. At least with the old method I wasn't forced to play a stupid mini game of guessing where the planes are coming from. Oh wait they flew around the Selected Sector and its going to take time to swing the AA guns around. But while I mess with that I'm getting shot at and have to dodge incoming. All the while getting more frustrated with this patch. 

:Smile-angry:

World of DD's in Ranked, along with the constant radar imbalance, is what's finally done it for me. I have other things to do which are actually fun.

[-PVE-]
Members
5 posts
19 hours ago, Capt_h2o said:
19 hours ago, Capt_h2o said:

Do you hate playing them?

Or playing against?

Hate playing them. Used to like doing a couple of cv games a day, but the rework sucks. I`m done with CVs now. I`ll stick with other ship types from now on. All the time I put into cv play wasted. 

[HI-C]
Members
22 posts
5,921 battles

Allowing the CV to be controlled without recalling the planes would help.  "Park" the planes (have them orbit or send them somewhere), do what needs to be done with the CV then retake control of the planes.

Also have control option for fighters!!

Members
77 posts
3,677 battles

I've honestly just stopped playing because this rework just ruined the game. CV's are ruined because I cant use the load outs i want to anymore. I have a useless Graf Zepplin now with gross planes that don't fit at all. half of the carriers are gone and replaced with these nightmares and worst of all even if I just want to play a normal ship, i cant direct my AA to shoot anymore. THIS. WAS. A. MISTAKE. at this point just give us subs or undo this mess.