Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MsPiggysRevenge22

CV rework Suggestions

2 comments in this topic

[GWG]
Members
23 posts

Wargaming,

I like the CV re-work, but I have some suggestions.

1. The marker that flies in front to be use as the aiming marker be made easier to see. On certain maps I cannot see it to aim and by that time I try to disengage I have already lost  my planes.

2. No matter how I fly side to side to avoid the AA, I lose all my planes in an attack run. So how about making it so we can control the height our planes enter to attack. Or make the AA less accurate so we will have a chance to hit a ship.

3. When your different attack groups take off your supposed to push either 1, 2, or 3 twice to confirm take off, but sometimes at the beginning of the game you only have to push the number once.

4. The torps and bombs appear to not be the strength they were before the CV rework, before I could easily walk away with 30K and above. Now I can barely get 3k. If this is the case that the points we get for getting hits on the ships are that low, its not worth playing CVs anymore.

5. Now with the Torps distance apart from each other is so big after launch even if waiting till last minute, a semi truck or my Hindenburg can avoid the torps. So is there a way to close the spread of the torps?

I appreciate the work that Wargaming has put into the CV rework, but there is still work to do to make it better. Also attention player, I understand many of you don't like the rework but that is not my concern, so please stop being salty at the ones that are trying to make this work.If your not happy, play another game or just play your other ships. 

[SALVO]
Members
18,400 posts
18,943 battles

My thoughts.

1.  It's dumb that the planes in your squadron that are NOT making the attack run are as vulnerable to AA as those that are making that attack run.  A change should be made that makes those non-attacking planes less vulnerable to AA.

2.  There really needs to be some sort of aim guide for air dropped torpedoes.  With rockets and dive bombs, you have that nice green reticle that tells you when you're on target.  But with torpedoes, you have absolutely no idea how fast the enemy is going and how much you need to lead the target.  And unlike with DDs, you can't zoom in on the enemy ship to see the smoke coming off his stacks to judge his speed, plus you're moving too quickly to really have time to make this assessment.

3.  I find that dive bombers feel almost useless right now because they are  forced by their nature to make their attack at effectively point blank range.  You're lucky if you can get even a single attack run on the target ship with a DB  squadron, because the entire squadron is getting chewed up, not just the attacking planes (see point #1).  On the flip side, I find that rocket planes are the easiest with which to make useful attacks.  Why?  Because you start your attack run at a distance, albeit a short distance, but not zero range like DBs.  And you have a useful aim guide, so landing hits isn't incredibly difficult.  This isn't to say that you'll do spectacular damage with rockets, but at least you can feel like you're making attacks that get hits and so … something, rather than get blown away before you can launch/drop your weapons or have no idea whether those torps will hit or not when dropped.

Sign in to follow this