Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SeigeTank2010

They need to do away with the kill stat, or add a "I did the most damage" stat

12 comments in this topic

Members
488 posts

When I see a ship that's low health, it's a good idea to make sure they die and focus on them. But if I get credit for a kill stat when I only did 10% of the damage, that's silly. They should add a "health kill" stat or something so when a ship dies, the person who did the most damage gets the credit.  I'm not going to avoid killing a low health player since he can still damage allies and would be better off eliminated first, but to give me the credit for the kill seems a bit off. Just a thought. 

Edited by SeigeTank2010

Members
819 posts
13,605 battles

Maybe they should add in participation trophies.

Everyone gets a little icon by their name on the scoreboard at the end of the match.

[TDRB]
Members
3,163 posts
9,583 battles

When I'm driving a BB I think about this a lot. Leaving a ship with only a few HP and watching a teammate finish it off & be rewarded when you did most of the work just does not sit right. True, it is best to finish off a enemy ship ASAP for obvious reasons.

• Cool 1

[H8TED]
Beta Testers
239 posts
20,059 battles

In WoWP they added an assist kill ribbon for doing above a certain % amount of damage to the enemy, never have understood why it hasn't been added here as it is one of the things that has been asked for for several years.

• Cool 1

Members
488 posts
12 minutes ago, Whiskey_Rebel said:

Kill stealing is not a thing. The game already tracks damage.

I didn't say a word about kill "stealing". If I do 10% of the damage and another player did 90%, they should get the kill, not me. But I won't stop from making sure the 10% person will be the focus so he can't live longer to damage allies. 

12 minutes ago, Prothall said:

Maybe they should add in participation trophies.

That's the way it is now: you get a 'participation' trophy for doing the killing blow when someone else did the work. Makes me almost not want to get the killing blow, but I don't want to allow them to live long enough to damage more allies.

4 minutes ago, KidSlotter said:

In WoWP they added an assist kill ribbon for doing above a certain % amount of damage to the enemy, never have understood why it hasn't been added here as it is one of the things that has been asked for for several years.

Excellent idea. Then I don't have to feel bad about switching focus to a ship about to die that I had no part in.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,245 posts
24 minutes ago, SeigeTank2010 said:

When I see a ship that's low health, it's a good idea to make sure they die and focus on them. But if I get credit for a kill stat when I only did 10% of the damage, that's silly. They should add a "health kill" stat or something so when a ship dies, the person who did the most damage gets the credit.  I'm not going to avoid killing a low health player since he can still damage allies and would be better off eliminated first, but to give me the credit for the kill seems a bit off. Just a thought. 

Go back to your fps, this isn't the game you're looking for Luke.....:Smile_trollface:

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles
22 minutes ago, KidSlotter said:

If FPS and TPS like BF and CoD can implement that stuff, so can WoWs. =_=

[AFW-]
Members
282 posts
12,254 battles

MWO does it. they have Kills and Kills Most Damage Done. doesnt matter to me but its out there

[SIM]
Members
4,028 posts
6,891 battles
9 minutes ago, Apewar said:

MWO does it. they have Kills and Kills Most Damage Done. doesnt matter to me but its out there

:Smile_great: This. It’s actually a pretty good system, and while I don’t really care about other people securing kills that I’ve set up, I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing it brought to WoWs.

Sign in to follow this