You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CommodorePerryIPA

Wargaming: Any ETA on Bot CV's in Co-Op?

45 comments in this topic

Members
220 posts
6,765 battles

Is there any timetable planned to add bot CV's in Co-Op?  This is not mentioned in any news release unless I missed it.

I don't play PvP, and I have stopped playing Co-Op games since 0.8.0.  So that leaves me Scenarios (which are fun). I don't have any Tier VII ships which need leveling anymore, so I believe that means I can start my three Tier VI ships February 7 (or find a division to do  them earlier).  After those ships level, I will have no reason to play the game anymore.

It also creates a problem because I do not know if I should spec with AA in mind or not, and my AA ships are useless with no planes to shoot down.  My poor Texas feels dejected.

So I suggest:

1.  Make adding CV Bot AI a priority considering 0.8.0 should not have been released without it (what was the hurry!!?). 

2.  Give us a release date so we can plan.  If this is not on the priority list, at least let the player base know.

3.  If it is not planned, then I also suggest you archive all of the Co-Op player stats and start collecting them fresh.  I do not want to mix my pre-0.8.0 stats with my post-0.8.0 stats.  If the stats were segregated, then at least I could start playing co-op again.  (and yes, stats do matter to some co-op players, especially win rates.)

Under the current trajectory, I will have no reason to play the game once my ships level out of scenarios.

Edited by CommodorePerryIPA
Someone down voted asking for ETA on bot CV? Please explain in comments just why you don't want to know when bot CV will be added.
  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Members
1,027 posts
5,679 battles

I fail to see how not having CV's in co op is keeping you from playing the game, if there is a CV on your team the bots get another BB and they use their aa defense a lot better than players it seems, man so much pro and con drama with CV's after only the first patch.

• Cool 1

Members
220 posts
6,765 battles
11 minutes ago, khorender_1 said:

I fail to see how not having CV's in co op is keeping you from playing the game, if there is a CV on your team the bots get another BB and they use their aa defense a lot better than players it seems, man so much pro and con drama with CV's after only the first patch.

As I stated above, I don't want to mix my pre-0.8.0 stats with my post-0.8.0 stats.  If they kept stats separate, then I would enjoy the extra challenge actually.  But the stats really become meaningless if one set has a 97% average and the other has a 60 or 70% average.  At that point, the stats only tell if I played before or after 0.8.0, which means nothing.

spelling

[PTRGT]
Members
347 posts
34,654 battles

I don't think they would bother until they have figured out how to balance this mess. Also I figure they would want to install the CV bots back into operations since they had to remove several of them with the update.

Members
220 posts
6,765 battles
1 minute ago, DeathsStalker said:

I don't think they would bother until they have figured out how to balance this mess. Also I figure they would want to install the CV bots back into operations since they had to remove several of them with the update.

Unfortunately, I think you are right.

[PTRGT]
Members
347 posts
34,654 battles

As for them missing I don't mind at  all. I was getting tired of CV bots sending its planes directly to me across the map when I'm undetected, And watching them make adjustments to their course as I change direction to get out of their way. Or having the CV continually attack a ship 1/2 way across the map while ignoring a DD that was right in its face shooing or torping it.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
22,118 posts
12,359 battles

soontm

• Funny 2

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
7,839 posts
18,472 battles

@CommodorePerryIPA Don't hold your breath for co op bot CVs I doubt coders can program them to play this new system as badly as the human players are now. I suspect that all the bot CV owners did the same as many of we humans did and scrapped them!

• Funny 4

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,652 posts
35,540 battles
9 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@CommodorePerryIPA Don't hold your breath for co op bot CVs I doubt coders can program them to play this new system as badly as the human players are now. I suspect that all the bot CV owners did the same as many of we humans did and scrapped them!

Too true, unfortunately.  I wouldn't be surprised if it took several months for WG to re-enable bot CVs/planes in co-op and operations.

Members
220 posts
6,765 battles
17 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Now that was funny!  :)

[RLGN]
Members
11,685 posts
20,682 battles
53 minutes ago, DeathsStalker said:

As for them missing I don't mind at  all. I was getting tired of CV bots sending its planes directly to me across the map when I'm undetected, And watching them make adjustments to their course as I change direction to get out of their way. Or having the CV continually attack a ship 1/2 way across the map while ignoring a DD that was right in its face shooing or torping it.

This^^^

It has been pretty amusing though, having the team fold, bots come across the map, then playing 'Ring Around the Rosie' with them, trying to drive my bot around an island with waypoints, while launching strikes that come under AA fire as soon as they're off the deck.

1 hour ago, CommodorePerryIPA said:

(and yes, stats do matter to some co-op players, especially win rates.)

As much as I hate the rework and the arrogance of the 'Git Gud!' crowd, it's basically exactly that,

Player constantly called for 'tougher, more challenging' Co-op, and now they have it.

Carriers can't carry everyone else in Co-op any more, (Believe me, I did as much, A LOT,) so now Co-op players need to step up their game, or, as you said you will do, stop playing.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

Members
220 posts
6,765 battles
3 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

so now Co-op players need to step up their game, or, as you said you will do, stop playing.

You are misrepresenting what I said.

I won't stop playing because co-op got tougher.  I welcome a more challenging co-op and have advocated it in the past.  My objection is that the statistics are being co-mingled. It makes no sense to mix a population of stats with 60% win rate with a population of stats with a 97% win rate.  The result means nothing other than when someone played the game.  It is like nails on a chalkboard to me.  If the new normal is a 60% rate (or whatever), then the stats should be collected with a clean slate and the old stats archived under a different name.  My reason for not playing co-op anymore is because I don't want those stats mixed until they are comparable again, or segregated if not.

Also, the post-0.8.0 system negates my AA ships, especially my premium Texas.

BTW, I never needed a carrier to carry the game in co-op, thank you very much. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Members
1,027 posts
5,679 battles
1 hour ago, CommodorePerryIPA said:

As I stated above, I don't want to mix my pre-0.8.0 stats with my post-0.8.0 stats.  If they kept stats separate, then I would enjoy the extra challenge actually.  But the stats really become meaningless if one set has a 97% average and the other has a 60 or 70% average.  At that point, the stats only tell if I played before or after 0.8.0, which means nothing.

Since the bots are harder you don't want to screw your stats ? just wow.

Members
220 posts
6,765 battles
7 minutes ago, khorender_1 said:

Since the bots are harder you don't want to screw your stats ? just wow.

Yes, exactly.  It's not "Whose Line is it Anyway".  If the new normal is 60% win rate, then keep it separate and let me see how I do there.  I don't want my old stats skewing my new ones, or my new ones skewing my old ones.

spelling
  • Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
11,685 posts
20,682 battles
53 minutes ago, CommodorePerryIPA said:

You are misrepresenting what I said.

I won't stop playing because co-op got tougher.  I welcome a more challenging co-op and have advocated it in the past.  My objection is that the statistics are being co-mingled. It makes no sense to mix a population of stats with 60% win rate with a population of stats with a 97% win rate.  The result means nothing other than when someone played the game.  It is like nails on a chalkboard to me.  If the new normal is a 60% rate (or whatever), then the stats should be collected with a clean slate and the old stats archived under a different name.  My reason for not playing co-op anymore is because I don't want those stats mixed until they are comparable again, or segregated if not.

Also, the post-0.8.0 system negates my AA ships, especially my premium Texas.

BTW, I never needed a carrier to carry the game in co-op, thank you very much. 

Fair enough point on the wr issue, and good for you on the carry part.

The number of times even human teams (played a lot at night, so low human pop at times,) died like dogs and left me fighting at 4, 5, or even 6-1 odds gave me a somewhat jaded opinion in the matter.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[PVE]
Members
9,677 posts
17,270 battles

I don't mind that they aren't in Co-op yet and I am one who wants CV's there for the extra rewards they give when you can farm them. I would rather they get it right vs dropping a train wreck of a product on us as they have done to the poor PVP crowd however.

My issue here is simply the cost for resetting ships and Capt's when/if bot CV's ever do make it to Co-op again. I hope WG takes into account there are a lot of players who do not play PVP and who have Capt's and ships affected by this update too. I have close on 50 ships w/ Capt's right now that are AA built/spec'd. I have NO way to test the builds out as there are no bot CV's in Co-op now. I do not and will not play PVP so what do I do? 

They have changed everything and it is not just the PVP folks impacted. I truly hope they either get the AI working before the 8.2 update where they are giving another free reset OR that they do it one last time (3rd) when they finally get the AI implemented. It will cost me a fortune in game resources and even real money if I have to foot the bill for all that stuff myself. 

At the very least tell us, HONESTLY, if they truly will add bot CV's back to Co-op or not. If not I can forget AA entirely but if so I can at least make an educated guess on the next reset and put the AA builds back as best I can knowing it is coming down the road. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 5

Members
220 posts
6,765 battles

@Estimated_Prophet

Thanks.  Hope to see you in-game sometime.

@AdmiralThunder

Totally agree!  I find I agree with almost all of your posts and enjoy reading them.  Your guild members in general usually have interesting things to say here, given the PvE perspective.

@khorender_1

I did some research.  Segregating statistics has precedent in this game, and is certainly reasonable and doable.  They segregated stats after closed Beta, and this change is probably on par with that one, if not more.  I wasn't around then though so cannot say for sure.

I found a person who played Beta, and you can pull up his Beta stats just by clicking a link.  I won't show his stats here though because I am not sure if we are allowed to link to players' stats.  I will send you a link privately as an example so you can see how they implemented it.  That is exactly the kind of format I was suggesting.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,078 posts

I'm in no hurry- I can finally play my crap AA ships w/o being harassed all game long.   And, of course, the annoying numbnuts things the bot CV's did.

Currently, the meta is in such turmoil that ships I absolutely sucked at are actually good, lol!    And most of my AA spec cruisers are nasty lil effers even without AA.   (since bots don't look at the map and say "Oh look- a USN cruiser!  No torps, and just enough armor to arm my AP!! KILL IT!"  You can actually play them as intended- as evil little gunboats!)  Cleveland, New Orleans, Buffalo, Des Moines Salem, ALL have been performing like crazy for me since 0.8.0.  Schors and Buddy, too.

My BB's benefit from most of the AA stuff, as it also applies to secondaries.  I never use either manual skill, so that just leaves the AA upgrades.  Not worth changing those- We'll eventually see planes again.

Probably.

And unlike in Randoms,  DD's are pretty fun to play right now, w/o the damn planes spotting you all the time.   We still get the ridiculous :CHASE the DD!!! murder balls though...

I do wish the dang player CV's would quit starting out every match by spotting everything before we can.   At this rate, I'll never get that last mission done to get the special PA captain.  Spot 10 ships.  Not with a queue full of CV's we won't...

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,536 posts
21,838 battles

I am going to repeat my advice. Reset all your captains to zero and move them where you plan on having them eventually while all this is free. Then demount all the modules from all your ships in port then wait until they fix this mess. In the mean time, pick a ship or two you are grinding and set it up the best you can for what is going on. In co-op just ignore the AA stuff for now, you won't need it. Then just play those ships ignoring all the rest. Equip a few premium ships where you can use the captains you have done up to help break up the monotony and so you can farm some first wins. When the dust settles and the new meta has evolved, it is far easier and cheaper to reset a few ships than your whole fleet. Remember things at tier 2 and 3 have not changed so using your ships there to farm first wins is an option as well. 

• Cool 1

[USCC]
Members
2,544 posts
10,721 battles

Honestly, I can take or leave them. Right now I'm having a blast playing all my dd's.

Should the bot cv's come back, then I'll just change up my game a bit.

PVE will always be fun to play, you just have to adapt to the conditions that we're dealt.

But I can also see why so many have complained about the extra BB in the absence of the CV.

[PVE]
Members
9,677 posts
17,270 battles
11 hours ago, CommodorePerryIPA said:

@Estimated_Prophet

Thanks.  Hope to see you in-game sometime.

@AdmiralThunder

Totally agree!  I find I agree with almost all of your posts and enjoy reading them.  Your guild members in general usually have interesting things to say here, given the PvE perspective.

@khorender_1

I did some research.  Segregating statistics has precedent in this game, and is certainly reasonable and doable.  They segregated stats after closed Beta, and this change is probably on par with that one, if not more.  I wasn't around then though so cannot say for sure.

I found a person who played Beta, and you can pull up his Beta stats just by clicking a link.  I won't show his stats here though because I am not sure if we are allowed to link to players' stats.  I will send you a link privately as an example so you can see how they implemented it.  That is exactly the kind of format I was suggesting.

They also have split stats for players on US Cruisers from before the split and after. Cleveland, Pensacola, New Orleans, and Baltimore all have separate stats now as long as you played them pre and post line split. 

[_-_]
Members
2,396 posts
6,968 battles
11 hours ago, SpudZero said:

I can also see why so many have complained about the extra BB in the absence of the CV.

It's been a mixed bag for me, really dependent on green team composition. Previous factors like ratio of new players to PvE mains being equal:

2 CV's and 1 other human, rest all bots? Gonna hurt. Maybe a lot.

1 CV on an all-human team? No problemo, compadre. Extra BB to farm damage.

Edited by So_lt_Goes
Spelling

[PVE]
Members
9,677 posts
17,270 battles
11 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

I do wish the dang player CV's would quit starting out every match by spotting everything before we can.   At this rate, I'll never get that last mission done to get the special PA captain.  Spot 10 ships.  Not with a queue full of CV's we won't...

Huh?

I am on the last stage to get the 10pt PA Capt. It is 25,000 Base XP and 250 secondary hits. No spotting ribbons required.

The only spotting ribbons requirement I have seen recently is in the Fly Strike Win thing in part 4 and it is get 8. I did that in a couple DD games. It doesn't give the PA Capt at the end of the event though. That Capt comes from a separate mission called Dragon Dance Ship under Combat Missions. The requirements for the 3 stages are...

1. 50,000 Capt XP + 500 Main Battery Hits
  2. 50,000 XP + 500 Ribbons (any)
  3. 25,000 Base XP + 250 Secondary Hits 

:Smile_honoring: