You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SanguinaryDan

Setting up a MacBook Pro to avoid the Dock and Bar

5 comments in this topic

[III-W]
Members
21 posts
362 battles

While I have very few actual problems getting the game to run on my 13" MacBook Pro (2017) but the Dock and Finder Bar popping up every time I try to move the guns or view to maximum or minimum range while in full screen view is really starting to infuriate me.  If I try playing in windowed mode I lose the bottom of the screen including the damage control and other expendables.  That says I've got the wrong settings, even though I used the game's button to set the system.

Does anyone have any suggestions for setting up the game to avoid these problems?

[III-W]
Members
21 posts
362 battles

Seriously?  No suggestions at all?!  

I guess I’ll need to learn about Boot Camp and running Windows 🤮 after all.

[M-O-M]
Members
165 posts
5,406 battles
11 hours ago, SanguinaryDan said:

Seriously?  No suggestions at all?!  

I guess I’ll need to learn about Boot Camp and running Windows 🤮 after all.

Many of us Mac players cannot get the game to run at all.  I am glad to hear that someone can.  I have largely written off WOWS and gone back to playing Glider.:Smile_sad:

NJRoc

macmade-.gif

[TF-62]
Members
43 posts
6,927 battles
7 hours ago, njroc said:

Many of us Mac players cannot get the game to run at all.  I am glad to hear that someone can.  I have largely written off WOWS and gone back to playing Glider

Once you referred to yourself as the "unofficial WOWS Mac Troubleshooter" and also mentioned being in touch with Codeweavers. Is there any hope for us Mac users who are currently frozen out of the game?

• Cool 1

[M-O-M]
Members
165 posts
5,406 battles
On 2/5/2019 at 3:56 PM, NeptunesInferno said:

Once you referred to yourself as the "unofficial WOWS Mac Troubleshooter" and also mentioned being in touch with Codeweavers. Is there any hope for us Mac users who are currently frozen out of the game?

Greetings from the undesignated/unofficial WOWS Mac Troubleshooter:

I GOT TO PAY WOWS FOR THE FIRST TIME UNDER PATCH 0.8.X !!!!!:dance_turtle:

A FEW ITEMS:

1.  I never did get a reply from Code Weavers.  However, they had to issue Mac Wrapper version 2.29 because it appears that 2.28 NEVER worked.  WOWS also did some work with the "hot patch" 0.8.0.1.  The result is the fact that I was able to load the game and play 2 Tier 3 battles with HMS Dreadnaught and 1 game with Tier 4 USS Langley !  The game apparently has been repaired so that it can function on a 2014 Vintage Mac Mini running Mojave and 4 gig RAM.  Patch 0.8.0 was only tested for PC.  If I can play WOWS on my equipment, anyone with more advanced Macs should not have any issues

2.  The new CV meta is alien to me.  I could not deploy my rockets or torpedoes at the right spot and I lost some aircraft while trying.  I will have to practice with the new CV setup.

3.  Although this is Patch 0.8.x, I would continue to use the application startup procedure that I developed for Patch 7.12--load match, play it, then shut the program down and restart.  The server can now access my vintage mac but it was disclosed that WOWS is not 64 bit clean.  WOWS appears to still be coded in 32 bit to some extent.  This may be a factor in the freezes, crashes, etc.on 64 bit Macs.  Shutting down and restarting game should minimized the corruption that apparently happens by the time the match is over with.

4.  Remember, this is a PC game Hot Wired by Code Weavers to run on Macs.  Settle for games no higher than Tier 7-8.  Tier 5 is optimal given the smaller map sized and fewer gadgets on the ships. Go easy on the stock graphics and CPU.  Get a Gamer's PC for Tier 10 Unicom play.  The Mac version seems to be for casual play ONLY.  That is ok for me. I like playing Tier 3-4-5 anyhow. I just enjoy going forth and sinking red ships when I can.

5.  I was a surface gun player in any regard.  The CV rework was just to try to get more people to play CV.  One would hope they can recover the player base that was lost when they put 0.7.11, 0.7.12, and 0.8.0 on line.

6.  My compliments to Code Weavers and WOWS for some serious reprogramming.

NJRoc

macmade-.gif.2f92b40e29ee7821e0bec935c89e97fe.gif