Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
XpliCT_

Was Last Stand Nerfed Recently?

14 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Members
1,051 posts
4,639 battles

I've been playing a few ranked games over the past few days, and I've been using mostly Kita.  I'm not sure if it's just conjecture, confirmation bias or just me seeing things but I feel like Last Stand has been nerfed in 8.0.  I just got out of a game where I had my engine knocked out while I was moving at 1/4 throttle, and pushed it up to full.  My ship quite literally wouldn't accelerate past 1/4 speed.  I get that your engine will not operate like it isn't broken, but I feel like something's been changed.  This isn't the first time I've felt this recently either.  Anyone else notice something odd about it?

[ARGSY]
Members
13,990 posts
9,049 battles

Yeah, I also got the feeling I was crawling away a fair bit more slowly and turning a bit more sluggishly than I might previously have been doing, but it hasn't happened to me enough yet to draw firm conclusions.

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles

I noticed something similar in Aoba and Zao when my rudders were knocked out. I thought it was because I'm used to LS in Akizuki and Harugumo, but if other people are noticing it...

I might need to look further into it.

[CAST]
Members
4,756 posts

Doesn't help that Last Stand *still* doesn't give a proper tooltip telling you how it exactly affects your engines and rudder.

[S_C]
Members
27 posts
15,802 battles

Yep, I was here to see if anyone else noticed this. I noticed I had almost no engine despite having Last Stand. 

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,903 posts
5,750 battles

Haven't noticed anything in my Jutland, though Kitakaze does feel a bit more sluggish to me overall post-rework.

[PVE]
Members
9,676 posts
17,264 battles

Thought it was just me so I didn't post to be told so. Yes, it does feel like LS has been nerfed. Rudder control and engine speed while damaged is not as responsive. 

• Cool 1

[OIL-1]
Members
388 posts

I noticed it as well.

[--O--]
Members
280 posts

Ok so not just me, Hara and Z-52 both seemed to have issues but just thought it was frustration from being rocketed 50 seconds in to the game

Beta Testers
135 posts
1,392 battles

Count me in. I thought it was a bug on my end. BB stopped moving completely while in close-mid range battle. No damage icon, no stack smoke showing engine hit. Just stopped moving entirely as if frozen but I could move my turrets fire guns and shift my rudder back and forth. I ended up sinking but thought lag on my end. Very strange. Never happened since.

Members
473 posts
3,700 battles

I've noticed this in a few DD games also, so another stealth nerf bat for DDs?  Where did I put that popcorn?  Ah, here it is.  :Smile_popcorn:

I tend to have this on my DDs as a standard item, the trouble is I don't play the individual ships often enough to be sure something has changed.  I tend to play them in groups when I am in the mood for DD style play, so I don't get enough time in each ship, yesterday I spent some time playing them, Gnevny, Geade, and JainWei (along with the Valkyrie and Acasta, yuck I miss speed boost more than I thought I would), and noticed something off a few times.  It seems I'm less able to change direction or speed now than what I think I could do in the previous patch.  I thought it was just me, being a potato in my DDs.

Members
1,164 posts
8,337 battles

I've felt a difference as well but I'm not sure if it's real or not.

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
531 posts
3,301 battles

I concur, before the patch it felt like it reduced your max maneuverability by 20% or so, now it feels like it's reduced TO 20% or so.  Even with speed boost, if the engine is knocked out it's painfully slow to even nudge forward to 1/4 speed from a dead stop with LS.

I have no scientific way to prove this now though given we don't have evidence of previous patch mechanics in a repeatable format.

[WHS]
[WHS]
Members
301 posts
9,741 battles

I haven't had enough free time to play the new patch much, so I can't comment on how it is now. What I can contribute, however, is that as far as I can remember in this game you always struggled with LS if you wanted to accelerate from dead stop or 1/4 to full speed. You only ever got to keep your movement with the engine broken because you were already moving at full speed when it broke

Sign in to follow this