Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TRevWhite

Finding a new "home"

7 comments in this topic

[NIN-]
Members
163 posts
2,200 battles

I have been playing WoWS for over two years now (off and on) and have had my ups and downs, as all players will. In the beginning, at lower tiers, I fell in love with the German cruisers (call me crazy). My experience level began to change as did my play style and as I got higher up in the German cruiser line, I didn't feel at home anymore. When German Battleships were released I found my new love. Nassau is still one of my favorite ships and I still like the lower tier play. I loved Kaiser, and Bayern, I purchased Sharnhorst and love her as well. Bismarck is still a love/hate relationship and I have no motivation to go higher in this line. I have found a ship or two that suit my playstyle (Gulio Cesere, Roon, Sharnhorst) but was beginning to feel lost.

I just recently decided to purchase a few new ships in an attempt to find a new home. I finally stumbled upon Algerie. I liked the lower tier French cruisers, don't get me wrong, but something just didn't fit. But now that I have found Algerie and played a handful of Co-op battles, Operations, and then 3 or 4 Random battles, my hopes are high. I have enjoyed this ship, in the short time I have had her, and can tell that her playstyle suits me quite well. I was hesitant about the slow turret traverse speed and reload speed, but playing battleships has helped to prepare me, I think.

I have high hopes for our future endeavors and can't wait to purchase the Charles Martel to see if the trend might continue. I have the Free XP to do it now, but I like doing the old fashioned grind. It helps me get used to a ship, and more importantly a line of ships, so the transition is easier, and I know whether or not I am willing to put the time into a line. I hate starting at bottom tier and working my way up to tier 6 or 7, just to find that the line doesn't suit me anymore and giving up on it. I hope that the higher tier French cruisers are the ones for me.

Sorry for the long post, I've just had a boost of morale and wanted to share. Jeez, it's been a long time since I've been on these forums. Maybe I'll stick around a while.

See you on the high seas, captains. :Smile_honoring:

[HINON]
Supertester
20,092 posts
13,547 battles

Charles Martel is the highlight of the FRCA line imo.

[NIN-]
Members
163 posts
2,200 battles
6 minutes ago, Lert said:

Charles Martel is the highlight of the FRCA line imo.

Well now I'm really looking forward to getting her. Thanks!

[BLHK]
Members
555 posts
3,685 battles
8 minutes ago, TRevWhite said:

Well now I'm really looking forward to getting her. Thanks!

The only ship of that whole line I did not enjoy was the Saint Louis. Just could never get my head around her

[TOAST]
Members
958 posts
8,227 battles

And if you are comfortable in the Charles Martel the grind for the Henri will be a breeze. The tier 9 is more or less the same  so it's just a continuation of whatever you were doing in the Charles Martel.

[NIN-]
Members
163 posts
2,200 battles

Sounding exciting so far. Thanks for the responses, shipmates.

Sign in to follow this