You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
abyssofthetriffid

Whats the AA1 and AA2 modules about?

8 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
21,706 posts
15,415 battles

Did you have them mounted on ships? IIRC the update demounted them for free in case you wanted to mount something else. I'd recommend going over your ships and making sure they all have the equipment mounted that you want on them.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,113 posts
16,098 battles

The old slot 3 AA upgrades were all demounted and turned into slot 6 mods.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
10,887 posts
4,371 battles
4 hours ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

I have aa1 upgrades as usual but in my inventory i have a load of aa2 upgrades for what im not sure?

You just made out like a bandit.  As the scat-throwing munky says, your Slot 3s were turned into Slot 6s (a bug), which sell for three times the cost of Slot 3s.  Laugh all the way to the bank.

[PVE]
Members
9,658 posts
17,235 battles
4 hours ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

I have aa1 upgrades as usual but in my inventory i have a load of aa2 upgrades for what im not sure?

Any AA modules you had mounted when the 8.0 patch hit were demounted and placed in your inventory. Also, AAGM2 and AAGM3 that we had have been changed...

New AAGM1:

• This is now used in upgrade slot 3 instead of the old AAGM2 @ 500K credits each. 
  • The module provides 2 extra flak bursts to your long and mid ranged AA.

New AAGM2:

• This is now used in upgrade slot 6 instead of the old AAGM3 @ 3 Million credits each.
  • The module provides +15% continuous damage to long/mid/short range AA and +15% DPS to the explosion radius (flak?) of long/mid range AA.

What is odd though is how WG did this with inventory. They changed the old AAGM2's to the new AAGM2's so your 500K credit module becomes a 3 Million credit module you can sell for 1.5 Million credits each. "Most" people sell these modules vs using them as slot 6 is too important for other things on most ships. They turned the old AAGM3 modules into AAGM1 modules with the change. So you actually lose credits there EXCEPT most people didn't use AAGM3 for the reasons mentioned above.

Now in my case I had almost 50 AAGM2 modules and just 3 AAGM3 prior to the 8.0 Update. So I made out credit wise.  My AA build ships got screwed by the update but credit wise I profited.
Edited by AdmiralThunder

[WOLF9]
Privateers
10,887 posts
4,371 battles

I kept 3 AAGM2 just in case and sold the others.  Now I just need to buy back the ones that were removed, though I'm going to wait for a bit to see how useful they are.

Fortunately I don't have all that many ships to deal with, unlike *some* people...  ;)

Say, is that a ship collector's emblem? or are you just glad to see me?

[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,571 posts
7,066 battles

Had I known this, I probably would've outfitted all my ships that can use slot 3 with the AA mod and cash them in upon the update.