You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Excuse_Maker

Best premium in the game right now? The Irian.

17 comments in this topic

Members
631 posts
11 battles

Now before you laugh, hear me out.

It's a flame thrower, great fire chance 12 guns 12% fire chance 8 second reload. IFHE build, strong AA, and hydro.

Now, what makes this ship is so fun, no one is playing dd's… maybe one or two per game, and if they are in the game, they are perma spotted. This thing has 13.5k deepwater torps, and I would be shocked if more than 10% of the player base knows what it is. It has a 2.7km stealth firing torps where you can send 15 torps down range in about 20 seconds as you need to turn around to get the other side torps off. 

BB's are strutting around right now, fearless....until...

See the source image

• Funny 1

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,777 posts
4,839 battles

well technically, it is a Russian ship lol

Members
631 posts
11 battles
20 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

But Flamu said.....

I love that guy. Does he hate it? I'll check out his commentary. And while I am kidding about this post, there is some truth to it. The lack of dds does seem to make this feel stronger than it probably is.

Members
1,150 posts
9,094 battles
36 minutes ago, Excuse_Maker said:

Now before you laugh, hear me out.

It's a flame thrower, great fire chance 12 guns 12% fire chance 8 second reload. IFHE build, strong AA, and hydro.

Now, what makes this ship is so fun, no one is playing dd's… maybe one or two per game, and if they are in the game, they are perma spotted. This thing has 13.5k deepwater torps, and I would be shocked if more than 10% of the player base knows what it is. It has a 2.7km stealth firing torps where you can send 15 torps down range in about 20 seconds as you need to turn around to get the other side torps off. 

BB's are strutting around right now, fearless....until...

you forget that it needs to launch - turn - launch - then TRB - launch - turn again! - launch

Members
631 posts
11 battles
2 minutes ago, Citrusss said:

you forget that it needs to launch - turn - launch - then TRB - launch - turn again! - launch

no, it has an 8 second torp reload booster where the second salvo can be fired from the same side, then the third is after the one turn.

Members
1,150 posts
9,094 battles
Just now, Excuse_Maker said:

no, it has an 8 second torp reload booster where the second salvo can be fired from the same side, then the third is after the one turn.

it will be 15 then, not 20

Members
631 posts
11 battles
Just now, Citrusss said:

it will be 15 then, not 20

48 minutes ago, Excuse_Maker said:

. It has a 2.7km stealth firing torps where you can send 15 torps down range in about 20 seconds

Members
2,685 posts
10,227 battles

Can confirm. It is better than expected.

Good gunnery. Torps, surprisingly, easier to use than I thought theyd be.

Alpha Tester
6,026 posts
2,917 battles
1 hour ago, Toxic_Potato said:

But Flamu said.....

I think that too, but then I remember this piece of insulting drivel and remind myself why I hate him.

Members
63 posts
8,635 battles

only had 1 game in it.  loved it.  flamed a musashi then turn around to spammed 15 torps at him while all at the same time getting shot at by it and 2 other cruisers.  musashi used repair on the 4 fires I had on him, but then 2 of the torps hit and flooding, and as they put it, the rest is history....  it might just be a once in a lifetime game, but hey, it was all smooth sailing for me for a change in a t8 cruiser.  not the most spectacular t8 cruiser game I have ever had, but certainly 1 of the easiest if not the easiest.  If I didn't know better, it might just be the t8 version of the fully upgraded zao....  10.8 km detection range with 13.5 km 17k damages...... 

[SIM]
Members
4,003 posts
6,751 battles

Irian is my happy place right now. She's so comfortable to sail, with good weapon systems and decent utility in her consumables. The guns are basically the same punchy 152mm cannons that we know and love on Kutuzov, and her torpedoes are incredibly nasty for a tier VIII ship. Yes, she can't torpedo DDs or take a lot of punishment, but she can just about do everything else! I know that she doesn't bring any amazing new dimensions to the game, with original gimmicks or unusual layouts, but sometimes its enough to take a handful of familiar, quality components and arrange them well. The Nueve de Julio/Boise was a similar kind of ship last year, and she was easily one of my favorite premium releases.

[MIA-I]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,799 posts
8,651 battles

I was going to say this ship is my most fun premium until I lost my torpedo tubes to rockets 2 games in a row. Maybe it could have been before, but with the CV rework this ship is not a good option for a cruiser. 

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,999 posts

I like playing it. After the PEF the Missing Dragon Irian is quite the beast - if it gets left alone.  Quite squishy like the Chappy when focused on..