Kami

PSA: Additional Free Reset Week

15 comments in this topic

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,640 posts
1,038 battles

Dear players,

We’ve noticed your concerns that 1-week free commander skills and upgrade reset that came with 0.8.0 is not enough to properly adapt all your ship builds for the new evolving meta. We agree with you and hereby announce there will be another 1-week period of free reset approximately in 2 months, around 0.8.2 release.

Thank you for your feedback.

• Cool 3

[-V1-]
Members
419 posts
7,099 battles

I think they mean the update after the next one.

• Cool 1

Members
286 posts
11,281 battles

I was just gathering information on how to best counter this change when it dawned on me I have 5 days or so to go through every ship and respec each commander. Considering its not much fun being a target for ones we're making happy, a statement of we'll give you another 7 days in 2 months is not what I want to hear. 

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
913 posts
2,412 battles

My solution was to reset all my skills and not set sail until everything settled down, plus my work has me doing overtime the next couple of months anyway.  My premium time luckily runs out today too, so the timing worked out, all things considered. 

• Cool 2

[EGIRL]
Members
13 posts
2,326 battles
1 hour ago, iKami said:

Dear players,

We’ve noticed your concerns that 1-week free commander skills and upgrade reset that came with 0.8.0 is not enough to properly adapt all your ship builds for the new evolving meta. We agree with you and hereby announce there will be another 1-week period of free reset approximately in 2 months, around 0.8.2 release.

@iKami 2 months till our next update??? If not when can we expect 0.8.1?

[WOLF2]
Members
3,952 posts
16,042 battles

Why do I feel like laughing at this :)

It actually tells me very little is going to change in the meantime - fun times

Edited by Commander_367
  • Cool 1

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
603 posts
13,992 battles
12 hours ago, iKami said:

Dear players,

I have 200 boats .... and you do this at the same time as Ranked comes out.  Can I get a job with you guys you could use my project management experience?

• Funny 1

[XBRTC]
Members
2,902 posts
9,354 battles
39 minutes ago, HooplaJones said:

I have 200 boats .... and you do this at the same time as Ranked comes out.  Can I get a job with you guys you could use my project management experience?

No kidding. They need someone who's got a clue.

@iKami, while the idea of a week to respec in a couple of months is marginally interesting, the need is for an extra week to respec right now, because the meta is changing on a daily [expletive [and another one too] deleted] basis, and this [yep, one more expletive][and another one][and let's assume there's a few more here] cash grab by you [here we go again][and some more] [okay, another few expletives deleted here] doesn't reflect well on you. We're spending our actual hard-earned cash so that you can get some nebulous testing data with our various different captain configurations. That's pretty [more here]'d up. And I think you know this, and I have a sneaking suspicion that what's left of your conscience actually agrees, but can't do anything about it. Or at least I hope that's the case.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[VOP]
Members
456 posts
8,096 battles

I elected to wipe out all the captain points on each ship and to re-spec later once this game has settled down and some form of balance has been applied. No need to have to re-spec everything now if you wipe out the points currently spent now...Then you can re-spend them later on as you go, once the nerf/buff bat has done it's destruction  duty. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Members
5,377 posts
5,143 battles

I heard that we now have 5 weeks per patch cycle. Is this true? Just curious, thank you. 

[PVE]
Members
16,766 posts
10,908 battles
7 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

I heard that we now have 5 weeks per patch cycle. Is this true? Just curious, thank you. 

Normal patches are 4 weeks. Halloween was 5 and they added a week to the PEF campaign to make it 5. Then delayed again 8.0 to make PEF 6 weeks. Both were probably because of the CV rework as a guess, but nothing official as far as I know.

[FAILD]
[FAILD]
Beta Testers
5 posts
14,936 battles

Whipped my Captains an waiting for next patch, maybe then I might come back. In waiting an watching mode right now. A few of my clan mates are in the same holding pattern, an a few uninstalled, we will see.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,063 posts

I agree it'd be best to reset every single commander to no selected skills. I'll be doing that tonight. It's still pretty much a cluster at this point... next update will likely feature some unwanted tweaks. 

Those of us playing CVs though won't have that option to reset... unless we reset all our CV commanders as well and drop back down to tiers 1-2 until things get sorted. Which would, of course, mean far fewer CV players playing. 

It's that ugly vicious image of a snake biting it's own tail... 

article-1232276-07688C73000005DC-917_634