Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
exilicus

Legit CV rework questions

3 comments in this topic

[GOTR]
Members
54 posts
4,556 battles

So first let me say I am not an expert.

Second I am legit asking these questions.

1.) CV Spotting seems nerfed right? Before you could have multiple squadrons scouting the whole map, now you can only have one. That is a net nerf to spotting right?

2.) CV alpha strike damage seems way nerfed, even if I land 4 torps I am lucky to do 20k damage. This rarely happens, but compared to before where cross drops could literally 1 shot any ship in the game. This seems like a huge nerf?

3.) Seems like CV damage overall is harder to get I can get 100k games but it takes way more work than my BB, Khab, or Zao. I am definitely not doing substantial more damage if any more than my other tier 10 ships, yet I am working way harder it seems like. Is CV damage higher now than before the patch?

My Ideas

1.) Give DD’s across the board an extra smoke screen. Possibly tighten air detection range on some DD’s (make them harder for planes to find)

2.) Limit 1 CV per match

3.) 20 second arming time at start of game for planes (can’t launch planes for 20 seconds when game starts)

4.) When a squad dies or is recalled that type of aircraft can’t be launched for 20 seconds

5.) Make AA more consistent (good aa boats shoot down planes, bad ones struggle) right now it feels really inconsistent.

I have to be honest I like the way CVs play now. They are fun, like all my ships are fun. Its the first time they have felt fun for me. Need some tweaking maybe, but overall I have to say it feels pretty balanced to me. I think that on the whole CV’s were actually nerfed, but now people are actually playing them and sometimes there are 3 in a game. I actually think this is causing a lot of the issue. I don’t visit the forums often, go easy on me lol.

Edited by exilicus
  • Cool 1

[_-_]
Members
2,416 posts
6,977 battles
6 minutes ago, exilicus said:

So first let me say I am not an expert.

Second I am legit asking these questions.

1.) CV Spotting seems nerfed right? Before you could have multiple squadrons scouting the whole map, now you can only have one. That is a net nerf to spotting right?

2.) CV alpha strike damage seems way nerfed, even if I land 4 torps I am lucky to do 20k damage. This rarely happens, but compared to before where cross drops could literally 1 shot any ship in the game. This seems like a huge nerf?

3.) Seems like CV damage overall is harder to get I can get 100k games but it takes way more work than my BB, Khab, or Zao. I am definitely not doing substantial more damage if any more than my other tier 10 ships, yet I am working way harder it seems like. Is CV damage higher now than before the patch?

My Ideas

1.) Give DD’s across the board an extra smoke screen. Possibly tighten air detection range on some DD’s (make them harder for planes to find)

2.) Limit 1 CV per match

3.) 20 second arming time at start of game for planes (can’t launch planes for 20 seconds when game starts)

4.) When a squad dies or is recalled that type of aircraft can’t be launched for 20 seconds

5.) Make AA more consistent (good aa boats shoot down planes, bad ones struggle) right now it feels really inconsistent.

Good post. BZ.

Hopefully, this weekend's data dump will show up some of the glaring imbalances and effective action taken. I say hopefully because, well, WG.

DD's are being hunted to extinction, which in all seriousness is not good for over-all game health.

The F-key exploit definitely needs to be fixed.

Same-ship AA effectiveness is all over the place. 12 matches in the mighty Flakbote Des Moines with wildly differing performance. It's like RNGsus found the bottle and is now a drunken Johnny Ringo in the streets of Tombstone.

I fully expect, and hope, to see some hot fixes way before the 8.1 patch.

• Cool 2

[GOTR]
Members
54 posts
4,556 battles

Thanks, I honestly feel like 90% of the initial problem comes from multiple CV’s in a game 2-3 per side is too much.

Edited by exilicus

Sign in to follow this