You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainKiwi_2016

Amagi Facelift

3 comments in this topic

Members
523 posts

I doubt this one will be taken seriously by anyone, but its just a suggestion I'd like to make. Amagi is without a doubt one of the most powerful ships at Tier 8, outperforming her T8 BB counterpart Kii and can hold her own against Bismarck, Tirpitz and several others if played right. However, I feel she needs a bit of a face-lift, mostly a change to the design of her funnel. The funnel on her stock hull (Which is now Ashitaka) was one of the best looking in the game, but the funnel on her modernized hull looks a bit out of whack. If a new funnel can be designed for her it would make her look better. But keep in mind, this is just my honest opinion on the subject. 

Members
6,549 posts
6,912 battles
9 minutes ago, CaptainKiwi_2016 said:

I doubt this one will be taken seriously by anyone, but its just a suggestion I'd like to make. Amagi is without a doubt one of the most powerful ships at Tier 8, outperforming her T8 BB counterpart Kii and can hold her own against Bismarck, Tirpitz and several others if played right. However, I feel she needs a bit of a face-lift, mostly a change to the design of her funnel. The funnel on her stock hull (Which is now Ashitaka) was one of the best looking in the game, but the funnel on her modernized hull looks a bit out of whack. If a new funnel can be designed for her it would make her look better. But keep in mind, this is just my honest opinion on the subject. 

Sadly, a lot of the older ship models either have unusual features, or are completely dated. Have you looked at Kongo recently? It's completely bland compared to more recent releases. Although I have never taken issue with Amagi's modern funnel, I agree that it's unlikely the Japanese would have slapped a Yamato stack on her. She would have been more likely to receive something that looked like Kongo or Nagato's kit.

Members
523 posts
1 minute ago, Battleship_AndreaDoria said:

Sadly, a lot of the older ship models either have unusual features, or are completely dated. Have you looked at Kongo recently? It's completely bland compared to more recent releases. Although I have never taken issue with Amagi's modern funnel, I agree that it's unlikely the Japanese would have slapped a Yamato stack on her. She would have been more likely to receive something that looked like Kongo or Nagato's kit.

Now that you mention it, yes, several of the IJN BB models do look dated. Amagi would most definitely have had similar funnels to Kongo or Nagato, if any of images/artworks of her modernized are anything to go with.