You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
abyssofthetriffid

Just want to say a little thank you to wargaming for all the hard work so far on our wonderful little boat game.

11 comments in this topic

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles

Thank you for the hard work so far and a big thank you for all the lovely rewards you are giving us right now much appreciated :cap_like:.

• Cool 2

[90TH]
Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles

Yes, thanks to the coders, QA and customer support people. You have flaws, but I know this isn't your fault. Whichever executive made this decision, well you messed up and you know it. Good news for you is that you can just blame an underling and you can make another bad decision in the future.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[SCRAP]
Beta Testers
1,690 posts
5,199 battles

Yes, some polish is needed. Yes, DDs still seem too vulnerable.

But so far:

- AA skills actually mean something now.

- AA mods actually mean something now.

- Shipboard fighters actually mean something now.

- The game is much more 'intense', having to watch the skies closer.

- Ship controls such a+d, but also now w+s, actually mean something when being attacked by air.

Next up, I may even try driving a carrier again!

The game has changed.

A lot.

And I believe it is for the better.

• Cool 1

[H-WS]
Members
352 posts
5,659 battles
7 minutes ago, HMS_Formidable said:

But so far:

- Ship controls such a+d, but also now w+s, actually mean something when being attacked by air.

The game has changed.

A lot.

I’m not sure a more intense game is a good thing.  I quite enjoyed the slower pace as it put more emphasis on planning skills instead of shooting/dodging skills.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
21,690 posts
15,406 battles
20 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Thank you for the hard work so far and a big thank you for all the lovely rewards you are giving us right now much appreciated :cap_like:.

I - ... Don't remember you ever really posting much positive. This is a surprise, and a pleasant one to be sure. Nice one, +1.

Spoiler

This is assuming you're not being sarcastic or trolling, but I'm going to err on the side of positive and assume you're being honest.

16 minutes ago, HMS_Formidable said:

But so far:

The game has changed.

A lot.

While for the most part I agree, it's the underlined thing that I would place an asterisk next to. Right now the game is not in a good state. It has potential, but there needs to happen a lot of tweaking of numbers before the game meta is healthy again.

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
6 minutes ago, Lert said:

I - ... Don't remember you ever really posting much positive. This is a surprise, and a pleasant one to be sure. Nice one, +1.

Hide contents

This is assuming you're not being sarcastic or trolling, but I'm going to err on the side of positive and assume you're being honest.

While for the most part I agree, it's the underlined thing that I would place an asterisk next to. Right now the game is not in a good state. It has potential, but there needs to happen a lot of tweaking of numbers before the game meta is healthy again.

1 minute ago, Rabbitt81 said:

fry.jpg

Have you actually seen the gifts they are giving us for at least trying the new update out???

I say thank you as humans in general can be very fickle when it comes to change.

[RLGN]
Members
11,652 posts
20,642 battles
20 minutes ago, Horama said:

I’m not sure a more intense game is a good thing.  I quite enjoyed the slower pace as it put more emphasis on planning skills instead of shooting/dodging skills.

THIS x INFINITY.

If I wanted/liked the intensity that is carriers now I’d go play Tanks.

BTW... I hate Tanks.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
21,690 posts
15,406 battles
5 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Have you actually seen the gifts they are giving us for at least trying the new update out???

Yes I have. The cynical part of me wants to believe they're dangling shinies in front of us to distract us from what they knew was going to be a crapstorm. Big changes always are, regardless of whether they're good or bad, whether they're balanced or balans komrad.

7 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

I say thank you as humans in general can be very fickle when it comes to change.

Ain't that the truth.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,292 posts
12,585 battles
20 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

The containers you mean?

Yeah they are fine but...considering that the players are providing free game testing that I'm sure isn't cheap on the open market, WG should be thanking us.

I'm sticking to co op because I didn't sign up to alpha test this garbage heap of a patch.

Co op is full of non-CV players so I'm definitely not the only one.

Edited by Rabbitt81