Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Vaffu

What is up with Des Moines AA?

4 comments in this topic

[KRAK]
Members
3,093 posts
18,217 battles

The AA on the DM is just terrible now even with a full AA build and DFAA. WG why did you take a good AA boat and make it so bad?

[NG-NL]
Members
5,959 posts
9,582 battles

It's just very RNG now whether the flak from mid and long range AA hits the planes. Not too frequent if the planes keep WASDing around, but I've found DM is among the most powerful at knocking down straight-line flights.

Main factor is plane speed and fixed AA ranges permit CVs to dodge most flak. However, CV has to dodge frequently or take heavy damage/losses in first attack run. Neither my Midway DB nor Haku TB (each buffed to highest possible HP w/ mods and SE) survive long in DM auras.

[N-W-T]
Members
1,875 posts
7,450 battles

Last game I played in DM I shredded everything that came near.  Just using the AA mod and MFAA, utilizing sectors well. After going back and forth I think MFAA is more effective than AFT. 

[KRAK]
Members
3,093 posts
18,217 battles
58 minutes ago, Reymu said:

It's just very RNG now whether the flak from mid and long range AA hits the planes. Not too frequent if the planes keep WASDing around, but I've found DM is among the most powerful at knocking down straight-line flights.

Main factor is plane speed and fixed AA ranges permit CVs to dodge most flak. However, CV has to dodge frequently or take heavy damage/losses in first attack run. Neither my Midway DB nor Haku TB (each buffed to highest possible HP w/ mods and SE) survive long in DM auras.

I had one game out of maybe a dozen where I shot down 50 planes, every other game I would be lucky to shoot down 6 or so planes.

Sign in to follow this