Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Ahab1776

Suggestion for more 8.0 participation.

4 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,869 posts
11,113 battles

I was only able to get on for a brief time today. I noticed the 200% boost to xp. Very nice and thank you!

Just a suggestion, but maybe make it where you could toggle your stats off?

I have read in some of the posts about some people not playing because they are trying to protect their stats. I'll raise my hand on that one. Long story short my random wr had dropped sub 50% for a little while. I really didn't care I was just going pew pew pew blowing off steam and having fun. Then I wanted to at least be north of 50%. With the help of mid tier CV's I was able to do so. Now, it is pretty much Ranked and Co-op while this new release is working out. If I was able to toggle off the stats I'd be more inclined to try Randoms. I imagine there would be a way WG could still keep track of how things are working out.

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
7,806 posts
18,402 battles

You can hide your stats but the only way to stop them from being tallied is to not play! Toggle That!

[TORAS]
Members
125 posts
1,466 battles

Stats are there to help you improve your game. 

If people are so insecure on a game that uses the anonymity of the internet to work; that they feel they need to hide their stats for fear of scrutiny... dear lord - Snow flakes... SNOW FLAKES EVERYWHERE.

The only stats that are important are the ones that catalog the recent performances, usually your metrics of the last 3 to 6 weeks. The overall stats are pointless since playing anything at T1 or starting brand new lines drags a lot of numbers down, like frags, KDR ratios and damage outputs. I look at my stats regularly to see performance areas I need to improve. I'll be damned if I'm going to be sissy enough to want to hide my stats or... even worse... STOP PLAYING TO PROTECT MY STATS. 

Good lord, that's a terrible way to play a video game that doesn't net you prize money. 

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,869 posts
11,113 battles

I don't hide my stats. I show them, warts and all. However it was some work for me to get above 50%. Yes, I really feel like at best I am average. However the current environment is not really normal. It will probably settle down some in a week and continue settling. 

Was reading in a post earlier about how WG is keeping a close eye not only on feedback but actual game play time, ships, wins, and losses. This is being monitored to help with the tweaks that are probably in the works. Just me personally I don't mind to participate, but don't want to trash my record in the process. This isn't just lowly me either. A lot of the higher end players only play in division because randoms had a influx of new people and making it harder to carry a game. They didn't want to trash theirs either.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

Sign in to follow this