Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ElvenRed

Aircraft controls

2 comments in this topic

[WHS]
[WHS]
Members
301 posts
9,741 battles

I quickly understood that whenever the aircraft is heading close-ish to the crosshair (this includes the bars on the sides that hold the boost bar etc), the aircraft will softly change their course to where the camera is pointed, while if you are a certain threshold away from the camera center they won't change course and you control them with WASD only. However, once the aircraft are centered on the crosshairs, if you lightly tap A or D and get them slightly off course, they will change their course back to the center of the screen. I find this behavior undesirable at times, sometimes I'd like to affect the course only through A and D while still looking in the direction I want to go. Right now my only option is to point the camera to a completely different direction and then use freelook back to what I actually want to see. I'd like to see a setting added that prevents aircraft from adjusting their course towards the camera if freelook is engaged, that way at least I can activate my freelook while looking straight ahead

Members
173 posts
10,009 battles
4 minutes ago, ElvenRed said:

I quickly understood that whenever the aircraft is heading close-ish to the crosshair (this includes the bars on the sides that hold the boost bar etc), the aircraft will softly change their course to where the camera is pointed, while if you are a certain threshold away from the camera center they won't change course and you control them with WASD only. However, once the aircraft are centered on the crosshairs, if you lightly tap A or D and get them slightly off course, they will change their course back to the center of the screen. I find this behavior undesirable at times, sometimes I'd like to affect the course only through A and D while still looking in the direction I want to go. Right now my only option is to point the camera to a completely different direction and then use freelook back to what I actually want to see. I'd like to see a setting added that prevents aircraft from adjusting their course towards the camera if freelook is engaged, that way at least I can activate my freelook while looking straight ahead

Hold right click 

Sign in to follow this