You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bohomit

Enterprise

13 comments in this topic

[ICOP]
Beta Testers
13 posts
2,736 battles

Before the rework i didn't play CV's much but bought this because of the history behind it. I've played it basically non stop since the patch and i love it. The rockets shred DD's and set fires like crazy, the torps seems pretty typical not amazing not bad at all and the AP bombs can really crack open a ship. How are others feeling about the Enterprise now?

[RLGN]
Members
10,339 posts
19,648 battles

Not do Tier 10 much?

Liked it before; not so much now.

Even with a pretty skin and minor cosmetic tweaks to the plane mechanics, it’s not really much different from Lexington now.

[-TD-]
Beta Testers
2,466 posts
21,277 battles

Really liking CVs now great job WG keep up the good work

[BIER]
Members
3 posts
6,194 battles

I haven't tested my CVs yet, was kinda hoping there would be some for sale in shop this month to go a long with the patch

Members
1 post
1,455 battles

I believe that premium carriers will be available for purchase in 0.8.2.  Royal Navy carriers will be in 0.8.1.

[TIPS]
[TIPS]
Beta Testers
143 posts
2,439 battles

I'd really like to see a couple of tier VI premium CV's, as I enjoy the mid tiers more than upper tiers.

[-GPF-]
Members
768 posts
4,121 battles

Enterprise is in my opinion the best Carrier, at least out of the tier 8s. The Rockets do so much dmg, the torp bombers are good, they zero in really quick. AP bombs are pretty hit or miss (literally as well as figuratively) but I'm getting the hang of them. Also the fact you get so many more planes helps you actually get strikes, plus the quick rearm means Enterprises planes are up again while other CVs are deplaned entirely. 

[PNGYN]
Alpha Tester
1,384 posts
2,361 battles
28 minutes ago, Sir_Orrin said:

Enterprise is in my opinion the best Carrier, at least out of the tier 8s. The Rockets do so much dmg, the torp bombers are good, they zero in really quick. AP bombs are pretty hit or miss (literally as well as figuratively) but I'm getting the hang of them. Also the fact you get so many more planes helps you actually get strikes, plus the quick rearm means Enterprises planes are up again while other CVs are deplaned entirely. 

AA hotfix still makes it a one way trip for attacking aircraft though.

[-GPF-]
Members
768 posts
4,121 battles
18 hours ago, The_Big_Red_1 said:

AA hotfix still makes it a one way trip for attacking aircraft though.

You can still usually get back with at least half your squad though, so as long as you cycle though different squads you can maintain full squads. least that's my expereince. Shokkaku on the other hand... deplaned half way through the match 90% of the time. 

Members
1,330 posts
3,206 battles

I enjoy the Enterprise and have been fairly successful with it. I really get annoyed with the massive dive bomber reticle, though. Even if you aim perfectly (which isn't easy), how much damage you do (and if you hit at all) is still very much subject to RNG. Considering the USN was pretty darn good at that whole dive bombing thing, it's odd that one of the most decorated carriers in the war would have literally the least accurate dive bombers in game.

The rest of the ship is nice though. Torps aren't anything to write home about, but they're reasonably reliable and user friendly. The attack planes aren't anything special, but you get a lot of them. If they tightened up the DB reticle, I think the best overall description of the Enterprise would be, "nothing mind blowing, but enjoyably reliable."

Alpha Tester
3,693 posts
4,400 battles

Your fighter consumable is better than everyone elses, has a larger radius(3.6km versus 3.0km) and drops 6 planes instead of 3. Is that an advantage? I really have no idea TBH.

[AK]
[AK]
Members
4 posts
10,127 battles

Maybe this has been posted elsewhere but has anyone noticed it has Hellcats on deck instead of Corsairs?

Members
81 posts
478 battles

Umm... yeah

The enterprise kinda seems to be a Lexington with more planes at a lower tier. I kinda think that enterprise is not really any good anymore. Kinda seems to be a Lexington on sedatives.  Maybe giving it mod. 1943 AA config and T8 planes would fix that problem, but honestly I think that Lexington a better ship.