You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
M4Katyusha

Project Habakkuk as a premiuum ship?

15 comments in this topic

Members
14 posts
4,155 battles

so anyone heard of Project Habakkuk? the unsinkable aircraft carrier? can that be added to the game as a premium ship? and also has anyone heard of Pykrete the material that was suppose to be what the hull of the ship was be of ? am guessing the ship can't be flooded or be let on fire thanks to the Pykrete? maybe in the game it would be a tier VIII slow heavily armored British carrier that would take a lot of work to sink

Edited by M4Katyusha
  • Funny 2

Members
2,939 posts
3,738 battles

There's a book called "My Tank is Fight!" by Zack Parsons that does a great job of explaining what a terrible, terrible idea Habakkuk was. 

It wouldn't fit, even as a premium. You could theoretically fly high level heavy bombers off the thing, it'd be like Tier 20.

Edited by Harathan

[HINON]
Supertester
20,733 posts
14,175 battles
17 minutes ago, M4Katyusha said:

maybe in the game it would be a tier VIII slow heavily armored British carrier that would take a lot of work to sink

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.

1200 meters long. 180 meters wide. You could take off with B-17s. How would that be a tier 8?

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,760 posts
15,957 battles
12 minutes ago, M4Katyusha said:

am guessing the ship can't be flooded or be let on fire thanks to the Pykrete?

No … but it can be melted; pykrete is ice with sawdust added for strengthening. Hit that with HE and see what happens. Like @Harathan says above it's a terrible idea. It is so big you could see it across the map. ANY shell, AP or HE would just blow HUGE chunks out of it. I doubt the thing could do 10 knots. Like Kitakaze, where 40 torps SOUNDS great, but you end up putting about 5 of them into friendly ships; not really a great idea.

[RNJR]
Members
271 posts
4,632 battles

i cant be the only one who played Koei's Warship Gunner 1, 2 and warship commander.  Habakkuk was one of the enemy Supership weapons. The regenerating Ice armor was impossible unless you brought weapons like rockets to quickly start a DPS fire.

SUPERSHIP's would be fun super bosses a team can fight against in Wows.

• Cool 2

[2CUTE]
Members
201 posts
2,496 battles
36 minutes ago, Umikami said:

No … but it can be melted; pykrete is ice with sawdust added for strengthening. Hit that with HE and see what happens. Like @Harathan says above it's a terrible idea. It is so big you could see it across the map. ANY shell, AP or HE would just blow HUGE chunks out of it. I doubt the thing could do 10 knots. Like Kitakaze, where 40 torps SOUNDS great, but you end up putting about 5 of them into friendly ships; not really a great idea.

Kitakami is what you're referring to. Kitakaze is the T9 IJN gunbote dd  

Members
14 posts
4,155 battles
3 minutes ago, Swift_Scythe said:

i cant be the only one who played Koei's Warship Gunner 1, 2 and warship commander.  Habakkuk was one of the enemy Supership weapons. The regenerating Ice armor was impossible unless you brought weapons like rockets to quickly start a DPS fire.

thats a great idea! imagine going against a monster like that 

[PVE]
Members
14,984 posts
9,575 battles

Would make more sense as the big boss for an Axis Operation. You could have Germany, Italy, Japan, France and Poland as the Axis and make it a T7 Op, so Blys can play. 

[SYN]
Members
4,923 posts
11,847 battles

About as bad an idea for this game as it was in real life.

Fun to talk about, though.

Beta Testers
314 posts
3,967 battles
1 hour ago, M4Katyusha said:

so anyone heard of Project Habakkuk? the unsinkable aircraft carrier? can that be added to the game as a premium ship? and also has anyone heard of Pykrete the material that was suppose to be what the hull of the ship was be of ? am guessing the ship can't be flooded or be let on fire thanks to the Pykrete? maybe in the game it would be a tier VIII slow heavily armored British carrier that would take a lot of work to sink

Whatever you are smoking i want some 

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,064 posts
5,836 battles

turn it in to an operation boss,like white tiger event on world of tanks.

Members
14 posts
4,155 battles

ya i just like to talk about it. a lot of interesting ideas came form WW2, like the rolling rocket bomb or Hitler's wind cannon. sorry for bring this idea up. i like carriers and there history and WW2. the Habakkuk seems to be a fun idea to talk about

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,760 posts
15,957 battles
35 minutes ago, iEatChickenMcNuggets said:

Kitakami is what you're referring to. Kitakaze is the T9 IJN gunbote dd  

You're absolutely correct; thank you!

[-BMV-]
Members
342 posts
15,569 battles
53 minutes ago, Swift_Scythe said:

You're not alone. i played both too including the very weird Warship Commander. I remember Habakkuk, with the Flamethrower turret you could easily melt the armor. I for one want the Octopus boss from Warship Gunner 2 as a premium ship in this game. i think @Compassghost has it on his sig (the Duck Batleship and the Double Yamato Hull Saw/Drill Battleship could work too :cap_haloween:).

PS: The first superweapon, which if i remember correctly was a battlecruiser, was my favorite. The only problem was that this superweapons measured like 3km long :Smile_veryhappy: too damn large (an Iowa or a Yamato looked like very tiny fishing boats next to Habakkuk or that huge double hull Aircraft Carrier) not to mention the weapon that freaking Battleship had at the end, it split the island of Japan in Half for God's Sake.

Edited by Sidelock

[XBRTC]
Members
2,744 posts
8,766 battles
1 hour ago, Harathan said:

There's a book called "My Tank is Fight!" by Zack Parsons that does a great job of explaining what a terrible, terrible idea Habakkuk was. 

It wouldn't fit, even as a premium. You could theoretically fly high level heavy bombers off the thing, it'd be like Tier 20.

That book was... Something Awful:Smile_trollface: