Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Famous_and_Historical

Why don't the arms race buff circles give XP?

4 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
91 posts
4,976 battles

I've only played 4 ranked battles in my Black so far, but it's very disappointing to get 4 of the buffs by yourself and not get any xp for it. Since it's so hard for DDs to really compete with cruisers and battleships for the top position, then why would I pick the Black over a Kronshtadt or Missouri? I know that the Black is very well-suited for this mode, but the two primary roles of spotting with radar and capping don't get rewarded as much as raw damage. I'll probably win more than I lose with this ship, but it's incredibly frustrating to do a good job and not get rewarded sufficiently.

[5D]
Members
2,714 posts
16,272 battles

You're using the wrong DD if you want the top spot. I've finished first a number of times with Tashkent including saving 4-5 stars already in losses.

Beta Testers
91 posts
4,976 battles
4 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

You're using the wrong DD if you want the top spot. I've finished first a number of times with Tashkent including saving 4-5 stars already in losses.

I would like to play with a ship that can have a large effect on the outcome of the battle and have the ability to save stars. I'm not saying that you don't play to win, but I would have a hard time impacting the outcome with a Tashkent. I think I should try the Kronshtadt

Sign in to follow this