Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SeigeTank2010

Why didn't they do PTR with AA-spec'd ships?

3 comments in this topic

Members
488 posts

Wonder why they didn't do at least some of the PTR games with bots that were AA-sped'd along with their captains, modules and consumables.  If they had, they'd have found out it's about impossible to do anything but fully wipe having no way to dodge flak since the sky is flooded with it, even against most solo non-DD ships.  

Whether it's me or other CVs, they're almost always the bottom 5, if not bottom 3 on their team in T8/T10 battles. Guess I have to wait until they make a change because there's little more you can do except spot and lay down fighter squadrons. T6 doesn't suffer from this problem.

Beta Testers
1,581 posts
8,025 battles

I honestly don't think AA specced ships are the problem.  I've put in my fair share of CV play since the rework dropped, and the biggest challenge to getting drops off isn't the flak, but the positioning of the players who are throwing it up.  No matter how much flak, you can usually dodge it as long as you're not in overlapping bubbles, and TBs can usually get one drop off under heavy fire (followed by liberal mashing of the F-key to avoid eating the short range AA).  Players though, try their best not to be the only one throwing up AA in addition to taking the strongest AA ships they have in port.  Unless WG had accounted for that in PTS, there's no way they would've been able to see it coming.  And even if they did, should they really be balancing around this total worst case scenario?

Finally, I think most CV players haven't quite gotten the hang of the new system yet.  Heck, it took me quite a while to learn how to aim in a BB, and mechanically speaking, that's really simple.  We're essentially throwing total noobs against the strongest of the AA ships, versus players that have a LOT of experience dodging CV strikes.  I think the bigger issue is that the spotting CVs cause, in addition to everyone taking very passive AA ships is creating quite an uncomfortable shock to the meta.  

[B2P]
Members
568 posts
15,695 battles

Haven't you heard, AA specced ships are useless now.  According to others on this forum nothing can stop this carrier-maggedon.

Sign in to follow this