Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Meisterbrau

Wow you really screwed the pooch

19 comments in this topic

[5D2]
Beta Testers
11 posts
12,255 battles

It was  real challenge to play dd's but now thats next impossible with 3 cv groups on each side . thanks to you a lot of us are leaving and looking for other games.  remember the customer and not your pocket book too bad greed got the better of you .

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
608 posts

Game still seems fine to me. If you are getting focused by carriers as a DD, then id say its just the carriers not doing their job properly by spreading their forces out among the other ships. Just bad luck.

[RLGN]
Members
10,377 posts
19,665 battles
3 minutes ago, Raigoth said:

Game still seems fine to me. If you are getting focused by carriers as a DD, then id say its just the carriers not doing their job properly by spreading their forces out among the other ships. Just bad luck.

Why go to other ships besides destroyers when it just gets your planes shredded for little or no return?

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
608 posts
4 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Why go to other ships besides destroyers when it just gets your planes shredded for little or no return?

So carriers are actually useless against anything other than DD's?

Looks like they need a buff then! (This is sarcasm)

I dont play carriers, so I cannot give a proper critique on how they play or what they are supposed to do, but if they are simply focusing on just DD's then it sounds like something needs to change so they can spread out their planes a bit better.

*edit*

Maybe ill start playing them just to try them out.

[RLGN]
Members
10,377 posts
19,665 battles
1 minute ago, Raigoth said:

I dont play carriers, so I cannot give a proper critique on how they play or what they are supposed to do, but if they are simply focusing on just DD's then it sounds like something needs to change so they can spread out their planes a bit better.

In all seriousness, I agree with you.

Most of the the time I don’t even get to use the ‘F’ key thing being complained about because I have so much trouble lining up attacks I can’t spare attention for dodging AA. I may get off an attack, but there isn’t much left to try again.

Even in RTS I had a terrible time dealing with strafe and manual attacks; guess I’m a poor multitasker? The new system basically combines the two things I was unable to master in RTS (dodging, manual attacks,) and takes away everything I could do, (spotting and autodrops,) and WG keeps trying to tell me the system is ‘easier.’ :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 2

[_-_]
Members
2,034 posts
10 minutes ago, Raigoth said:

The CV's have already figured out

1. The DD's, being up front, are the nearest target and can be hit without getting close to concentrated AA.
  2. DD's are the biggest threat to CV's via spotting and sneak torpedo attacks. Self-preservation.
  3. Most DD's are AA-challenged and have low HP, so rocket attacks on DD's are very efficient.
  4. Rocket fighters are the fastest planes, so yield a faster sortie rate, which equals more damage output.

Edited by So_lt_Goes
  • Cool 4

[-TD-]
Beta Testers
2,473 posts
21,326 battles
Just now, So_lt_Goes said:

The CV's have already figured out

1. The DD's, being up front, are the nearest target and can be hit without getting too close to concentrated AA.
  2. DD's are the biggest threat to CV's via spotting and sneak torpedo attacks. Self-preservation.
  3. Most DD's are AA-challenged and have low HP, so rocket attacks on DD's are very efficient.
  4. Rocket fighters are the fastest planes, so yield a faster sortie rate, which equals more damage output.

So very true DDs are my 1st targets with my fighter planes 

[DBRIS]
Members
20 posts
4,595 battles
Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

Even in RTS I had a terrible time dealing with strafe and manual attacks; guess I’m a poor multitasker? The new system basically combines the two things I was unable to master in RTS (dodging, manual attacks,) and takes away everything I could do, (spotting and autodrops,) and WG keeps trying to tell me the system is ‘easier.’ :Smile_facepalm:

This.

As a mediocre player using a laptop and mousepad, I was unable to do anything manually in CVs. Now that it's all manual, I've gotten rid of my CVs entirely. And I don't much like playing against CVs now in my other ships.

• Cool 1

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
608 posts
4 minutes ago, Chester_Arthur said:

This.

As a mediocre player using a laptop and mousepad, I was unable to do anything manually in CVs. Now that it's all manual, I've gotten rid of my CVs entirely. And I don't much like playing against CVs now in my other ships.

H...how do you play? I wouldnt be able to use the mouse pad. I need an actual mouse.

[DBRIS]
Members
20 posts
4,595 battles
Just now, Raigoth said:

H...how do you play? I wouldnt be able to use the mouse pad. I need an actual mouse.

That's the only way I can play. I don't have the option to use a mouse, or a desktop.

I honestly would like to see Jingles or someone run a series of games with my setup, to see how they experience it and the differences they find. Something like that might be able to improve my own gameplay, maybe.

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
608 posts
11 minutes ago, Chester_Arthur said:

That's the only way I can play. I don't have the option to use a mouse, or a desktop.

I honestly would like to see Jingles or someone run a series of games with my setup, to see how they experience it and the differences they find. Something like that might be able to improve my own gameplay, maybe.

You cant buy like...a ten dollar mouse and plug it in?

I dont mean to sound like im being mean or anything, im genuinely curious.

[DBRIS]
Members
20 posts
4,595 battles

I have no place to put it. When I was in my big truck, the mouse itself was moving all over the bed where my laptop was. Currently, my laptop is on a TV tray, so there's no place for a mouse.

[HINON]
Members
10,787 posts
3 minutes ago, Chester_Arthur said:

I have no place to put it. When I was in my big truck, the mouse itself was moving all over the bed where my laptop was. Currently, my laptop is on a TV tray, so there's no place for a mouse.

Check out the lapinator. It's a computer tray with a mouse pad attachment. Very portable as well. 

Beta Testers
286 posts
4,705 battles
13 minutes ago, Chester_Arthur said:

I bought a wireless mouse and set the mouse pad on the bunk next to me on the same side as the Ir reciever in my laptop in my rig and worked like a charm when I was out OTR.

[A-I-M]
Members
1,514 posts
16,124 battles

In addition to all the other negative stuff I have seen about the rework, I'm seeing a greater disparity than ever between the best and worst CV players. I imagine this may narrow some with experience and as people who have never tried CV's find its still not for them, but its directly opposite WG's stated objective of reducing the disparity between the best and worst CV players. 

[RLGN]
Members
10,377 posts
19,665 battles
1 hour ago, Chester_Arthur said:

A truck driver huh? Someone I div with now and then is also. Not sure what set up he uses.

As I say to him; be careful and drive safe!

34 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

In addition to all the other negative stuff I have seen about the rework, I'm seeing a greater disparity than ever between the best and worst CV players. I imagine this may narrow some with experience and as people who have never tried CV's find its still not for them, but its directly opposite WG's stated objective of reducing the disparity between the best and worst CV players. 

Gasp, shock...

Not like many haven’t said so...

Even back during the betas it was already being said that being able to dodge the AA and get off multiple attacks, when most everyone else does good to get off one or two attacks, was going to be the new skill gap.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Volunteer Moderator
29 posts

Hello everyone!  Thank you so much for all your feedback regarding the current update.  We do encourage you to continue to provide us constructive and specific feedback and please know the development is actively watching these concerns closely.