Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainTeddybear

Spewing planes

10 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,009 posts
11,310 battles

Or don't turn back while under AA fire.

[TGG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
82 posts
2,807 battles

I have to agree with that video.   Some matches got so bad due to the AA from Hell I gave up and just went to get a drink as I was useless in the match. But then I was a Tier 6 trying to fight in a Tier 8 match. 

I should never have scrapped my Shoukaku.

But a good plan to work with. 

Not sure about the F key abuse.  But ah well...

[-TD-]
Beta Testers
2,472 posts
21,307 battles

If you hit the F key to return to your CV after the Attack you may save more planes in your squadron then if you tried turning them around for another attack where they will mostly get wiped out by then

[S-N-D]
Members
2,421 posts
6,621 battles

Oh look another post of the same video. Reported for spam.

[PSP]
Members
8,194 posts

My Des Moines and Worcester can do a whale of a lot more damage by "spewing" shells than my CVs can be sending planes halfway across the map, lining up attack runs, attacking, then going back to the CV and sending another squadron halfway across the map.

Sure, the planes can come out as fast as BB shells if you are close enough. However, if you are that close you are going to have your CV sunk in a short time. Furthermore, those planes are going to do less damage than a BB's shells too.

Planes have the same effect they always have, namely spotting, resetting caps, finishing off damaged ships, etc. What I'm not seeing with the new system is the unicum CV who has memorized all the maps and spawn points and who sends his Premium two fighters to my Lexington and strafes my planes before they even have a chance to get in the air, rinse and repeat. I've yet to see matched dominated by a CV under the new system either, though there are some who are very good with them. 

[-BMV-]
Members
336 posts
15,521 battles

The F-key.... yeah that needs fix. A time countdown before it works or something because that is one hell of a way to trick the system. I tried it this morning and it's a liiiitttlllleee unfair for the rest of the ships. You can send waves after waves with minimal loses. It's too broken and needs some kind of fix.

[PSP]
Members
8,194 posts
1 minute ago, Sidelock said:

The F-key.... yeah that needs fix. A time countdown before it works or something because that is one hell of a way to trick the system. I tried it this morning and it's a liiiitttlllleee unfair for the rest of the ships. You can send waves after waves with minimal loses. It's too broken and needs some kind of fix.

You could press "F" with the old CV squadrons too. I think what is taking time to get used to is the fact that AA has a shorter range now. Even after pressing "F" your attacking planes are still in the AA bubble. It's just that they quickly leave it. Some of my ships could down planes up to 8 km away under the old system, now it's more like 5-6 km. Also, you save some planes but you have to then fly them across the map back to the attack point, versus wheeling around and going in for two more attacks.

Sign in to follow this