You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Shoggoth_pinup

PSA: Salem, Texas and Mighty Mo AA

4 comments in this topic

[KAPPA]
Members
865 posts
5,879 battles

I noticed that all three actually have godlike guarenteed damage.

Salem: Yes, Salem's is better than Des Moine's now, and this is because she has no short range, with medium being her best damage. This also means she gets flak at all ranges, and her flak is gonna hurt. She's a ship that actually could heavily benefit from the sector system, as most ships have basically tickles getting buffed, not a quarter of a CV's plane's health.

Texas: Like Salem, her guarenteed damage is also amazing, hitting for about half an especially flimsy plane's health at a time.

Mo: Looking over the various US BBs, I noticed hers sticks out more than Iowa's. I didn't actually study this one much, but worth noting, though she sticks out far less than the other two.

Side note: I also noticed that US BBs actually have pretty good AA starting at T6 now, and Worcester and Minotaur seem to be the stuff of CV nightmares. Also, I haven't looked, but KM BBs had fairly good AA before the rework, so worth looking into. My love and I liked to put AA on silly things, such as Katori. Katori was a nasty bugger out of sheer persistence, no matter how weak her AA is.

[WOLF7]
Members
224 posts
4,331 battles

Looking at a CC Youtube post, seems KM BB specced for brawling, which means BFT and AFT are very good at AA now, better than US BB. I changed the third slot from dispersion improvement to AA module, and now my Tirpitz is really wrecking planes. Didnt fight a GZ yet, but doing good so far.

[KAPPA]
Members
865 posts
5,879 battles
3 minutes ago, demeflac said:

Looking at a CC Youtube post, seems KM BB specced for brawling, which means BFT and AFT are very good at AA now, better than US BB. I changed the third slot from dispersion improvement to AA module, and now my Tirpitz is really wrecking planes. Didnt fight a GZ yet, but doing good so far.

Awesome! I'll have to look at my Scharn to see what the AA on her is like, then.

[WOLF7]
Members
224 posts
4,331 battles
2 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Awesome! I'll have to look at my Scharn to see what the AA on her is like, then.

I was using AA flag and fighter plane too. Dont forget about that.