You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CriMiNaL__

Players sitting back

27 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
3,325 posts
13,078 battles

When we had 5 dd per side I could understand this, but with 1 dd that is spotted and the entire team sits on the spawn, who are you waiting for to win the game, sitting back and not focusing the enemy is why you lose games, the CV is not as strong as it once was, so why sit back, its a war game, WG should introduce a camo with a yellow strip down the middle of it for some of these coward players.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

Alpha Tester
7,113 posts
3,722 battles

Yea, I've seen entire teams do this. Moving in groups is fine. Being in a blob in the corner is not.

The other bad thing is CVs who just reverse into the corner.

[A-CUP]
Members
1,018 posts
8,121 battles

Exactly.. Players now became wusses and fear to engage. Just because CV can spot them doesnt mean that they can strike efficently. And yet they are terrified and begin to circle around aimless like decapitated chickens. 

Edited by Poisonous_Lily

[O7]
Members
1,424 posts
15,131 battles

people see 2 enemy CVs at high tier and panic. They then move close to a border and huddle up while they lose to the 2 guys on the other team who realize the CV isnt going to nuke them.

Members
20 posts
7 battles

Well, it works like this. A cruiser and a DD both survive because of their concealment. CVs take that away. So DDs don't move up for obvious reasons, cruisers don't move up because they get instantly blapped by battleships. And battleships don't move up because they know if they end up in a bad spot, they have no way of getting out of it. Welcome to world of carriers.

• Cool 1

Members
1,157 posts
6,451 battles

DDs were not and are not the cause of camping. People don't move up because they're afraid of being focused by the enemy team's guns and being unable to disengage not because they're afraid of being torped by stealthy DDs. If you remove DDs entirely but replace them with 2 CVs the camping will just go up because vision is omnipresent without even getting into the extra hassle of air attacks. 

Increasing vision does not eliminate camping. It does the exact opposite. For everyone who couldn't figure this out before here is the proof. 

Members
20 posts
7 battles
4 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

people see 2 enemy CVs at high tier and panic. They then move close to a border and huddle up while they lose to the 2 guys on the other team who realize the CV isnt going to nuke them.

Yes, they are nuking everyone. Oh and by the way, my Iowa is full AA spec. Lotta good that did.

cvbalancelol1.png

Edited by DMikesRedPrius
  • Cool 1

[-BUI-]
Members
1,359 posts
3,737 battles
14 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

When we had 5 dd per side I could understand this, but with 1 dd that is spotted and the entire team sits on the spawn, who are you waiting for to win the game, sitting back and not focusing the enemy is why you lose games, the CV is not as strong as it once was, so why sit back, its a war game, WG should introduce a camo with a yellow strip down the middle of it for some of these coward players.

People don't wanna be attacked by the new CVs, so they group up in clusters in the back.   If you go off alone the enemy CV attacks you forever.

[WOLF2]
Members
289 posts
15,986 battles

blob in the corner is fine, just give me refund for the ships cannot shoot anything while in the corner

• Boring 1

[JMMAF]
Members
362 posts
6,172 battles
3 minutes ago, DMikesRedPrius said:

Yes, they are nuking everyone. Oh and by the way, my Iowa is full AA spec. Lotta good that did.

cvbalancelol1.png

This literally looks like every match I have tried, or one side is completely obliterated.

[A-CUP]
Members
1,018 posts
8,121 battles

This is my Best Play I had today after the rework. We lost because we ran out of time... Literally, people just sit on there asses and dont move..

World of Warships Screenshot 2019.02.01 - 13.17.20.36.png

World of Warships Screenshot 2019.02.01 - 13.17.26.58_LI.jpg

Beta Testers
3,325 posts
13,078 battles

Yep another game lost because people are to dam scared, dd's spotted, players want easy mode of letting others win it for them, it shows in their wr and damage they put out, wging is dumbing this game down to much.

Edited by CriMiNaL__

Members
687 posts
9,588 battles
1 minute ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Yep another game lost because people are to dam scared, dd's spotted, players want easy mode of letting others win it for them, it shows in their wr and damage they put out, wging is dumbing this game down to much.

Your problem here, is thinking its the DDs they are afraid of.

[O7]
Members
1,424 posts
15,131 battles
15 minutes ago, DMikesRedPrius said:

cvbalancelol1.png

Hopefully your team can use that battle as a learning point on how to not get nuked by CVs then... because they can be countered and mitigated MUCH more now than they used to be, it is just a matter of learning how they work and how best to avoid damage from them. i have played them and played against them and they're truly just damage farmers that rely more on the enemy's mistakes than their own abilities.

[SIM]
Members
3,991 posts
6,703 battles

Without DDs to keep eyes on the enemy, most players don’t know where to go or how to play. This patch has made it abundantly clear that DDs have been the most important class in this game the whole time, and their absence completely breaks the flow of battle. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,734 posts
22,773 battles
28 minutes ago, Poisonous_Lily said:

Exactly.. Players now became wusses and fear to engage. Just because CV can spot them doesnt mean that they can strike efficently. And yet they are terrified and begin to circle around aimless like decapitated chickens. 

hehehehehehehee

Members
493 posts
4,550 battles

The new meta hasn’t spread enough yet. People still try to do things the old way. The new meta is closer to historical battlegroups. Successful teams run something like this: 

2 squads - BBs in the middle, cruisers on the flanks, and DDs in the front at the edge of the AA bubble. Move as fast as the slowest member and destroy. I don’t know how many games I played the first day of the patch but I ground out over 120k on my Ryoji and the easiest targets were the ones acting as if nothing changed. Solo targets of any type are ez pickins for a good CV captain. Capping is more deliberate and early points come from ship destruction. It should involve at least a large part of the battlegroup to cap. So basically teamwork.

DDs no longer dictate the engagement, CVs do by spotting and providing map awareness faster than DDs. DDs can still be successful but not without teamwork or exceptional strategy.

Edited by KnifeInUrNeck

Members
2,255 posts

Bad thing about this patch is it enforces the camping meta. Lemming trains are all the rage now.

No more fun soloing and testing your skills. You now have to become a mindless hoard to survive.

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
7,798 posts
18,375 battles

@CriMiNaL__ I suggest that those cowards be fined 1000 experience points for every km they are from the enemy base or cap points at battles end!

[JMMAF]
Members
362 posts
6,172 battles
15 minutes ago, KnifeInUrNeck said:

The new meta hasn’t spread enough yet. People still try to do things the old way. The new meta is closer to historical battlegroups. Successful teams run something like this: 

2 squads - BBs in the middle, cruisers on the flanks, and DDs in the front at the edge of the AA bubble. Move as fast as the slowest member and destroy. I don’t know how many games I played the first day of the patch but I ground out over 120k on my Ryoji and the easiest targets were the ones acting as if nothing changed. Solo targets of any type are ez pickins for a good CV captain. Capping is more deliberate and early points come from ship destruction. It should involve at least a large part of the battlegroup to cap. So basically teamwork.

DDs no longer dictate the engagement, CVs do by spotting and providing map awareness faster than DDs. DDs can still be successful but not without teamwork or exceptional strategy.

While I don't disagree, the level of teamwork required from the average player is just not gonna happen. Most of the time I cant finish a game without someone calling someone else a myriad of expletives.  People want to play how they want to play.  If they are forced to form battle groups its gonna be a disaster.

Beta Testers
3,325 posts
13,078 battles
17 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@CriMiNaL__ I suggest that those cowards be fined 1000 experience points for every km they are from the enemy base or cap points at battles end!

Yes they should be as I have had to cap in the midway to many times

• Cool 1

Members
493 posts
4,550 battles
1 minute ago, megahugenoob said:

While I don't disagree, the level of teamwork required from the average player is just not gonna happen. Most of the time I cant finish a game without someone calling someone else a myriad of expletives.  People want to play how they want to play.  If they are forced to form battle groups its gonna be a disaster.

I’m of the opinion that it’s too early to say. Before the update I would have whole heartedly agreed until I saw it happen naturally on the first day after a few games. That changed my mind about the update. 

[S-N-D]
Members
2,667 posts
7,033 battles
9 minutes ago, megahugenoob said:

Considering their goal is to harvest purple stats to show off how good they are, as they watch their stats and win rate plummet, they'll figure it out. 

Edited by _Caliph_