Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Caliph_

Thanks, WG

17 comments in this topic

[S-N-D]
Members
2,421 posts
6,621 battles

HD1vcdW.jpg

No purchase necessary. Appreciated.

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Supertester
20,714 posts
14,138 battles

While not a great ship by any means, getting it for free means you got a bargain at least.

• Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator
1,440 posts
729 battles
8 minutes ago, _Caliph_ said:

HD1vcdW.jpg

Nice, take it and give it a whirl!

• Cool 1

[-TD-]
Beta Testers
2,472 posts
21,307 battles
35 minutes ago, _Caliph_ said:

HD1vcdW.jpg

I always enjoy playing that ship

[SIM]
Members
3,590 posts
5,723 battles

Huanghe is tricky to use but better than she gets credit for. Congratulations, and enjoy!

[S-N-D]
Members
2,421 posts
6,621 battles

Yeah, I'm a fan of the Chinese line. Tier 6 is tier 6 though.

[BOTO]
Members
391 posts
9,723 battles

I actually like kind of like her.  While not a great ship, I don't think she's quite as bad as a quite a few people have made her out to be.  Actually, with all the CVs now, she does pretty well because she already had excellent AA at her tier.  First two games I played in her yesterday I shot down 19 planes in one and 21 in the other; all I had was the AA module, didn't spec BFT or AFT.  She's tricky to play but she's one of those ships that isn't all that great that I just like playing.

[INTEL]
Members
7,119 posts
29,307 battles

I like Huang He, (use it mainly as a trainer in coop).

It is not as good as Perth but close.

Members
2,152 posts
5,863 battles
1 hour ago, _Caliph_ said:

HD1vcdW.jpg

Congratulations, free ships are particularly awesome!!!  

Once you come to realize this ships most obvious weakness (as in a harsh look from another ship can cause her to exploderate), and adjust your tactics accordingly, she can be a very fun ship.  

Some of her best features are her guns.  She has only 6 of these but they are Russian 6 inchers with a lot of power so she can Citadel other cruisers pretty effectively.  Her weirdest feature is her odd smoke screen consumable.  It takes forever to set so you can throttle down to 1/4 speed and motor around inside your own moving smoke screen from quite some time.  I have on occasion used her torpedo reload booster to good effect as well and as indicated earlier, her AA capabilities is pretty good for a ship of her tier. 

Just don't get shot at, and if someone should shoot at you, make sure you are elsewhere when the shells arrive. 

[CAPIO]
Members
27 posts
5,866 battles

Just saw this ship in a T10 match with 4 Haks needless to say it was one of the worst ever matches I have had the displeasure of being part of.  Hope the ship works out, my money is on a patch soon otherwise we will all be playing ranked/coop/low tier.  Serious joke WG not fun in the least.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,219 posts
11,759 battles
28 minutes ago, HMS_Antelope said:

Just saw this ship in a T10 match

i am stop reading from here, t6 in t10 match

Members
206 posts
4,062 battles

Ya know, i got this ship in a Santa Container a month ago.  Everyone told me is was nothing special, but free is free.... (kinda).  I ran a 10 pt captain that came with it and i have great games in it. When I have a bunch of losses in a row. ill just  pull it  up and have a blast!!  Always a fun ship to play for me! 

With getting the Kronshtadt and moving up the Soviet line some lately, I am really enjoying the USSR and Pan-Asian ships the most lateley. They offer a fast paced high speed, flat- trajectory game play that you don't get elsewhere. 

Edited by JackG79
grammar

Sign in to follow this