Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GSXstage1

Ban On Nazi Symbols.

9 comments in this topic

[TIGRB]
Members
402 posts
14,146 battles

I understand very well why WOW has Banned ALL Nazi Symbols and even Why They Named The Italian tier 8 BB Roma instead of Littorio even though Roma is a Littorio Class BB and is only know in history for blowing up while Littorio Fought in most Italian Naval Battles in WWII. But you have a Ship Named after Josef Stalin [The City of Stalingrad named after Stalin} and have the Soviet Flag in the Game. Under Communism Stalin they say Killed 25,000,000 of his own People. I am not trying to get Political but Why the Double standard. To many People the Name Stalin in any form is as Offensive as the Name Hitler. So as I said, it seems their is a double standard and wondered why.

• Cool 6

[PVE]
Members
829 posts
11,179 battles

Winner takes all. 

It's mainly sensored because the Germans would rather avoid learning about their past history and mistakes than discussing them as few people are still alive to be offended. 

Similar to what we are doing here in the US with Confederate statues and names. 

Edited by Rabbitt81
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[DPG]
Members
1,394 posts
5,957 battles
2 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

I understand very well why WOW has Banned ALL Nazi Symbols and even Why They Named The Italian tier 8 BB Roma instead of Littorio even though Roma is a Littorio Class BB and is only know in history for blowing up while Littorio Fought in most Italian Naval Battles in WWII. But you have a Ship Named after Josef Stalin [The City of Stalingrad named after Stalin} and have the Soviet Flag in the Game. Under Communism Stalin they say Killed 25,000,000 of his own People. I am not trying to get Political but Why the Double standard. To many People the Name Stalin in any form is as Offensive as the Name Hitler. So as I said, it seems their is a double standard and wondered why.

Up until August of last year Nazi symbols were banned in video games in Germany.  It was much easier to simply not add them to the game then to make a separate version for German players.  Your argument will stand if they ever decide to release a ship named KMS Hitlerville.

• Cool 2

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
3,117 posts
4,527 battles
4 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

Winner takes all. 

It's mainly sensored because the Germans would rather avoid learning about their past history and mistakes than discussing them as few people are still alive to be offended. 

Similar to what we are doing here in the US with Confederate statues and names. 

or heres a thought. one of the symbols is banned in a nation that WG wants to sell games in, and the other isnt....

• Cool 1

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
1,421 posts
68 battles
4 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

N8lQ3bz.jpg

I'd like to buy a vowel, please.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,702 posts
14,131 battles

1) Nazi symbolism is / until recently was forbidden by law in some countries WG operates in. Having nazi symbolism in the game would lead to very hefty fines and being unable to operate in those countries

2) Roma is in the game instead of the class name ship Littorio because Roma is more famous and WG tends to not put the class name ship up as premium so they can put the class name ship in the tech tree as researchable ship.

• Cool 2

Volunteer Moderators
57 posts

Hello Captains,

Before this thread gets out of hand, I am going to close it down.

Please refrain from talking about Nazis, Communism and anything political on the forums.

Thanks!

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1