Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheKrimzonDemon

Fix the Radar Imbalance, WG

13 comments in this topic

[CRMSN]
Members
8,597 posts
9,274 battles

Just played a Ranked round with 6 radar to 1, and that 1 was my Black.

2 MO, Kron, 3 Blacks against, Alsace, Musashi, Ibuki, 2 Kita's, and my Black. It went exactly as you'd expect, the shocking thing was how long it took them to kill off my teammates. The MM for competitive rounds has to be able to take radar into account, because in those rounds, anything that can take it does, not to mention the ships that just have it, like MO and Kron.

To have lineups like that is just pathetic. I don't complain about having radar, or even the abundance of it, the one and only thing I complain about is the imbalance. You want the game to have the all seeing eye of Sauron, you have got to make it fair.

#rantdoneandoverwithswitchingtoradarcruisertohave11.7kmofmagicallseeingeye

Edited by Th3KrimzonD3mon
  • Cool 6

[90TH]
Members
1,021 posts
9,501 battles

#rantdoneandoverwithswitchingtoradarcruisertohave11.7kmofmagicallseeingeye

Soon to be 12k of 1990’s era satellite targeting.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,658 posts
11,617 battles

Waaaaiiittt a minute...there is Radar in this game...when...how...what?   :)

Members
7 posts
842 battles

Being a new player, radar really made me adjust my play style T7 and up.  No more rushing straight to the caps.  I used to be that player complaining to myself about other DD's not getting into the cap ASAP.  With the abundance of radar at higher tiers, I fully understand now.

[CRMSN]
Members
8,597 posts
9,274 battles

You want to know what's satisfying? Taking out Kron and getting Die-hard off of a Black. And a CQE off a Z46.

Yes. Yes, I feel better, now.

• Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
7,270 posts
31,307 battles

I totally agree with you. Radar ships should be balanced, in Ranked of all places.

Let the better players win, not the ones with the more radar (and by more I mean an unbalanced ratio).

[CRMSN]
Members
8,597 posts
9,274 battles
16 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

It's your own fault for playing such a cancer game mode.  :Smile_hiding:

Go to your room, oh revered clan leader! :cap_rambo:

Beta Testers
2,731 posts
22,757 battles

My only complaint about this [edited] radar is seeing through land and that should be a big    No  No ! ! ! !

[SIM]
Members
3,988 posts
6,700 battles

Yes, I agree that Radar should be factored into MM balance. The system should see them as a sub-class and endeavor to spread them equally across both teams. It would have to be an early point of failure, as to not hold up MM speed too much, but it should always try to set them equally across both teams at first.

[CRMSN]
Members
8,597 posts
9,274 battles
13 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Yes, I agree that Radar should be factored into MM balance. The system should see them as a sub-class and endeavor to spread them equally across both teams. It would have to be an early point of failure, as to not hold up MM speed too much, but it should always try to set them equally across both teams at first.

My last round was 4-2 against us, and we won, almost entirely due to their Black being a fool, and myself and our Fletcher torping everything, including me putting two into said Black. Red team didn't play well at all, they failed to use any advantage they had.

[CAST]
Members
4,755 posts

Agreed. I feel ships of different nation should be spread across both teams evenly instead of having the two teams forced to play very differently.

Sign in to follow this