Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
hipcanuck

Free premium time as a solution to.......

15 comments in this topic

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,078 posts
6,213 battles

There are a lot of people up in arms (putting it mildly) about 'losing' premium time due to the state of CV vs DD play. Many DD players are beside themselves because the game as they know it, has seemingly changed forever and is for them, unenjoyable. Many of them are upset at losing Premium time to testing something that has critical flaws in spotting. Some are upset about the AA/CV balance, top tier CV = GOD mode, bottom tier CV = frustration. Personally my Kaga is either really good or really.....REALLY bad and the deciding factor isnt how I play or how my 'targets' play, its all about tier position.

I propose that WG give those who are currently on Premium time a boost of a couple weeks of free WoWs Premium time.

This would give WG some time to come to grips with a solution for perma spotting DD's.....perhaps having ships spotted by CV's only appearing on the CV mini map

• Cool 5

[SBS]
Members
3,982 posts
2,408 battles

On the surface that sounds nice.  But, its sort of an acknowledgment that WG broke things.  I don't think they see it that way, even if they did, they wouldn't admit it.

• Cool 1

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
920 posts

I like this idea.

WG could hide it under the guise of an easier to complete mission to save face.

Am holding back from selling my CV's - give them the 50 some odd days to attempt corrections.

Would make me feel a whole lot better about testing CV's on live server (it is essentially what they are doing) by comping my premium time.

Edit

The lure of FXP was too much - opted out of CV's and bought the Gearing and Lightning.  Switched game modes to strictly CO-OP and Operations.  Refuse to be part of a test on the live server without being compensated in some way.  If they ever get them fixed, will go down the planned 2nd line of US CV's - not holding my breath however!

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,486 posts
15,383 battles

@hipcanuck they have indeed made it clear that after the public test session the CV rework would go live and be adjusted over time. So basically we are now beta test dummies and our premium time should not be consumed until such time as they officially state the testing on the live server is complete!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts

They've freely acknowledged that this is a live beta.  On the compensation end, well, that's their prerogative to give, or not.  Just like you can play, or not.  Your call.  

Edited by mavfin87
  • Cool 1
  • Angry 1

Members
7 posts
817 battles

I have nowhere near the games that most of you have but I really can't complain about the rework.  I don't play CV's but I still enjoy matches the same as I did before the patch.

I had my reservations about the ranked format but I got to play some games in ranked yesterday and I kind of like it.

I do understand that some people are upset but unfortunately you can't please everyone.

After all that I will take some free premium time lol.

[WOLFA]
Members
632 posts
4,330 battles

Already having 586 days of premium time I don't need anymore. 

What I need it to not be perma spotted by CV's the whole battle.

• Cool 1

[5D]
Members
2,714 posts
16,238 battles
34 minutes ago, hipcanuck said:

Many DD players are beside themselves because the game as they know it, has seemingly changed forever and is for them, unenjoyable.

This would give WG some time to come to grips with a solution for perma spotting DD's.....perhaps having ships spotted by CV's only appearing on the CV mini map

Then these are DD players that came into the game after WG made "balance" changes that led many to stop playing CVs in the first place. Prior to that DDs were always spotted by CVs and good CV drivers kept us spotted much of the match. Because a CV is supposed to be a counter a DD. I think too many forgot this basic fact and got lazy.

Tactics require adjustment now but the sky is not falling for DD drivers that can adapt rather than cry more salty tears. I play DDs and have no reason to stop.

[TDD]
Members
1,095 posts
8,787 battles
33 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

On the surface that sounds nice.  But, its sort of an acknowledgment that WG broke things.  I don't think they see it that way, even if they did, they wouldn't admit it.

^^ this.

They will never admit this failure.

Members
506 posts

I got so much Premium Time during the December giveaways that I really don't need more, but get why people would want something from WG based on the massive amount of changes introduced in the latest patch. Premium Time probably makes the most sense as a giveaway, as they wouldn't want to give out doubloons since that would allow players to buy premium ships.

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,078 posts
6,213 battles
7 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Then these are DD players that came into the game after WG made "balance" changes that led many to stop playing CVs in the first place. Prior to that DDs were always spotted by CVs and good CV drivers kept us spotted much of the match. Because a CV is supposed to be a counter a DD. I think too many forgot this basic fact and got lazy.

Tactics require adjustment now but the sky is not falling for DD drivers that can adapt rather than cry more salty tears. I play DDs and have no reason to stop.

I'd have to agree that DD's have yoloing on the brain simply because they were pretty much the only ship that could successfully operate that way.

I tried staying within 7km of US cruisers but it was of little help, I was still permanently spotted, rocketed 2 or 3 times and finally blown out of the water by multiple volleys from a few ships in short order....all without doing 1 pt of damage. I'll admit to not being the best of DD drivers but still, that is the first time Ive ever been skunked and not been detonated early in the match.

[DPG]
Members
1,398 posts
5,989 battles

As soon as you start asking for freebies it makes it look like that is your only motivation for the "outrage."  Upset for the sake of being upset.  It would be better to assert that your dissatisfaction is more to do with the health and longevity of the game than what you can get from a guilt trip.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
28 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

As soon as you start asking for freebies it makes it look like that is your only motivation for the "outrage."  Upset for the sake of being upset.  It would be better to assert that your dissatisfaction is more to do with the health and longevity of the game than what you can get from a guilt trip.

It's called entitlement...

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,078 posts
6,213 battles
36 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

8 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

It's called entitlement...

Im not asking for anything, I'm old enough to not be part of the entitled generation and I dont have a prem account. One of the gripes is that people have paid for time and they are being asked to test something that isnt (anywhere near) a finished product.

[GAMMA]
Members
821 posts
13,387 battles

At this point, I'd rather Wargaming simply admit they screwed up, fire the development team, and contract with a developer outside the former Soviet Union to fix the game.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this