You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ksaorsa

Main Gun Battery Sound Bug

18 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Beta Testers
48 posts
7,169 battles

I am getting random sounds of the main battery firing, even when I am not firing the main battery and when no one is near me. I just played a game with the alsace and it was really, really bad. Every 4 or 5 seconds I would get a random sound of my main battery firing, even though I wasn't shooting. It seemed to trigger when I would zoom in and out. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFA]
Members
175 posts
8,002 battles

I got the same since the release of 0.8. Not just limited to Alsace BTW.

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

i was getting it too this morning in my NC. on top of that bug, i would get a bug where incoming damage has zero sound so i would suddenly lose health and never know. something is seriously borked with the sounds.

[PONL]
Members
61 posts
6,442 battles

This happened to me also, funny thing is that I hear BB guns when I'm on a CA. I was in a div with discord comms, and both heared the same sounds, both with CA, no BB near. The sound is like BB guns and it doesn't happen when you are firing, it's just random but it feels like you have a BB just behind you, firing his guns.

[_CIA_]
Beta Testers
12 posts

I have experienced the same audio bug even when playing CV. Although I have not been able to fully verify, it does seem to happen only with American BB's. They seem to be the cause, as I have flown over an American BB as it was firing and the audio bug happened at the same time.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,414 posts
14,800 battles
13 hours ago, narffx said:

The sound is like BB guns and it doesn't happen when you are firing, it's just random but it feels like you have a BB just behind you, firing his guns.

THIS^^^

It has startled me more than once (I have surround sound speakers for my PC) and especially in a DD sitting in smoke. I have to glance behind me quick because I think a BB is about to T-Bone me and push me out. :Smile_facepalm::Smile_veryhappy:

[ALIES]
Members
25 posts
4,274 battles

Saturday 2-2-19. Gun sound problems persist days after 8.0 update. 

BB gun sounds go from muted to deleted. It changes ship to ship and game to game. No game settings change it & no PC sound mix can fix it.

I hear my secondaries and AA okay but main guns and some incoming hit sounds are not heard at all. This is a big problem for game playing.

Other players in the same clan (even in the same squad) say they have the same problem and others say they never did.... What is the fix !?

Edited by Rover_123

[KTFO]
Beta Testers
333 posts
7,667 battles

Every match I have been in that has had the Mass B has had this bug and I have only ever seen it associated with the Mass.

When I play my mass it sounds as if my guns when firing are muted and my teammates tell me it scares the heck outta them thinking im parked right next to them :)

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles

Wait till you have no main battery gun sounds when you are using them. Sound is messed up

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
199 posts
6,520 battles

Why is this still in the game.. 4 days later..?  Literally takes 5 minutes to test.  Not only do I get to enjoy this sh-itty cv experience.. but then I also get to hear main gun batteries of my friendly massachusetts go off every 30 seconds while flying infinite planes around.  

Oh and my keybindings no longer stick.. changed aa reinforcement 7 times and saved, never saves.  

QA team must have been on vacation for this patch.  

Edited by Simers72

[-V1-]
Beta Testers
19 posts
14,000 battles

I've been getting this too. I does appear to be the Massachusetts and/or Massachusetts B's guns that sound like it's inside the room with you, regardless of their position relative to you. Any ship you are captaining has the sound effect of the Massachusetts' guns firing whenever the Massachusetts fires. Even when spectating an aircraft carrier across the map from it, you still get the sound like it's in the room with you.

[LHG]
Members
94 posts
7,686 battles

Same her in most of my BBs including Iowa;  have yet to hear it on a Cruiser; I kept looking around for a ship really close by but nothing.   Distracting for sure.

[MKLG]
Members
4 posts
2,128 battles

From what I can tell, it seems that the Massachusetts's main guns don't have attenuation - you hear them at full volume no matter where she is.

[_CIA_]
Beta Testers
12 posts

I can verify it is the Mass B that is the cause of the audio bug. I've been keeping track of matches with Mass B's and when audio bug does surface, it is when the Mass B is firing.