Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Avrova1904

Which ship class/line should I play with this patch?

13 comments in this topic

Members
342 posts
6,004 battles

Some months ago I started japanese destroyers but since yesterday I am doing even worse than usual. I feel bad for it but new features require to adapt to the new situation. I hate to do what I am asking but I feel I have no freedom to choose the ship class/line I like so I have no option but going for effective ways to play this game if I stay playing it. Which line/class of ships excluding CVs (or carriers) are working at this moment? The only ships I have with good AA are all free american battleships. Is there any other line / class with effective AA to play with?

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,967 posts
11,303 battles

Build for smoke.

[-TD-]
Beta Testers
2,469 posts
21,285 battles

Really only started playing carriers with the new upgrade and enjoying the hell out of it going to get my tier (10) CV having a great time now no more multi-tasking 

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles
21 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Based on the forum feedback?

X - None of the above. :Smile_glasses:

Well, balance whiners will balance whine regardless of the patch. Reworks tend to bring them out of hibernation, too.

---

48 minutes ago, Avrova1904 said:

Is there any other line / class with effective AA to play with?

US and UK cruisers are known for having competent AA, but this seems to have been nerfed according to the forums, but take forum complaints with a grain of salt.

The alternate IJN destroyer line (Akizuki, Kitakaze, and Harugumo) have solid AA given their Long 10cm High-Angle guns.

US and German destroyers also have higher than average anti-aircraft specifications.

Other ships known for their AA include Yūbari, Texas, and Queen Elizabeth.

A ship not known for her anti-aircraft, but I personally have had excellent games with, is Aoba. I don't know how, or why, but I seem to do better with her after 0.8 than during all of 0.7.

Edited by WuYixiang

[PQUOD]
Members
1,882 posts
9,320 battles
Just now, KURT_WOLFF said:

Really only started playing carriers with the new upgrade and enjoying the hell out of it going to get my tier (10) CV having a great time now no more multi-tasking 

Congratulations on mastering the new CV play. Did you try the lower tier CV's? USN? IJN? Former CV main here, really struggling with the new CV meta.

Members
0 posts
53 minutes ago, Avrova1904 said:

Some months ago I started japanese destroyers but since yesterday I am doing even worse than usual. I feel bad for it but new features require to adapt to the new situation. I hate to do what I am asking but I feel I have no freedom to choose the ship class/line I like so I have no option but going for effective ways to play this game if I stay playing it. Which line/class of ships excluding CVs (or carriers) are working at this moment? The only ships I have with good AA are all free american battleships. Is there any other line / class with effective AA to play with?

If you like DDs, try the American line. The high tiers have alright aa. American cruisers have some of the best aa. American and French BBs have decent as as well.

Edited by CptRemy

[NMKJT]
Members
3,697 posts

UK cruisers might be an option. Smoke and AA. Though AA is Shrodingers AA right now. Sometimes it works, sometimes itvm doesn't. Open the box and find out

[55TH]
Beta Testers
1,285 posts
3,689 battles

I would say that the battleships are your best choice for the immediate future.  Tough enough to absorb rockets, if you pay attention, you'll be able to avoid torps, you'll have more AA than your cruiser/DD counterparts (of that particular nation), and you are generally used to being spotted once the firing begins.  It's not too different than usual.

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles
4 minutes ago, tainteddoughnut said:

Play another game this one isn't fit for consumption at the moment

I was wondering when someone would chime in with that...

Not disappointed.

[-TD-]
Beta Testers
2,469 posts
21,285 battles
9 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Congratulations on mastering the new CV play. Did you try the lower tier CV's? USN? IJN? Former CV main here, really struggling with the new CV meta.

I had all the CVs up to tier (8) and the premium  CVs all collecting dust for a couple of years now due to all that multi tasking turned me off. Now with the new upgrade I tried it again and feel like I'm part of the team again and being involved . I started with the Japanese tier (4) in Co-op which was difficult hitting targets.  Then 2nd day I moved up, to tier (6) Japanese and went straight into random play and started to hit targets much more often. better plane more damage . a word of advice if going after DDs use the fighters with rockets its easier to slowly damage them then with bombs or torpedo's.    

[PQUOD]
Members
1,882 posts
9,320 battles
14 minutes ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

I had all the CVs up to tier (8) and the premium  CVs all collecting dust for a couple of years now due to all that multi tasking turned me off. Now with the new upgrade I tried it again and feel like I'm part of the team again and being involved . I started with the Japanese tier (4) in Co-op which was difficult hitting targets.  Then 2nd day I moved up, to tier (6) Japanese and went straight into random play and started to hit targets much more often. better plane more damage . a word of advice if going after DDs use the fighters with rockets its easier to slowly damage them then with bombs or torpedo's.    

Thank you! When making torpedo runs which is better, faster or slower approach speeds? I really feel this is where I am needing the most improvement. Had someone give me advice to fly straight once the torpedo run is initialized. Do you do better dropping torps at the last second?

I really think AA shredding planes is unavoidable under current meta. I don't know if the current AA will stay as is. I've seen a lot of posts on the extreme ends of the spectrum. Some swearing by it, some swearing at It. I think there may be some more tweaks coming in the future. Got to watch a little of a Jingles video and he said this is still being tested. So I take it a work in progress on the live server.

Thank you again for the advice

Sign in to follow this