Beta Testers
2,472 posts
21,288 battles

Cool only if CVs are Involved 

[FTH]
Members
996 posts
13,888 battles

Looks fun...although I'll be the idiot that asks what "Swiss Play" is...I never have understood that...is it basically single elimination, or what?

• Cool 2

[SSN]
Members
271 posts
12,458 battles

Let’s see...

Tier X - no thanks

CVs - no thanks

However, youse get an A for creativity. 

Good luck to the participants though. 

Members
1,398 posts
5,232 battles
8 hours ago, Purg473 said:

Looks fun...although I'll be the idiot that asks what "Swiss Play" is...I never have understood that...is it basically single elimination, or what?

Swiss style tournaments don't actually eliminate teams or even require one team to face every other team (one of their benefits over elimination since the number of rounds needed can be substantially less with high numbers of teams). Instead, teams earn points and after a set number of rounds are ranked based on the number of points earned.

• Cool 1

[RQL]
Privateers
239 posts
10,017 battles
9 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Swiss style tournaments don't actually eliminate teams or even require one team to face every other team (one of their benefits over elimination since the number of rounds needed can be substantially less with high numbers of teams). Instead, teams earn points and after a set number of rounds are ranked based on the number of points earned.

That's a very accurate way to put it. Teams will play 5 games and will play teams with the same/similar records each time.  Top 2 will face off for the title. 

On 2/3/2019 at 10:02 AM, Annie_Oakley said:

Carriers must be in this otherwise I will not play

CVs are an *option*. Can choose to bring one or an extra BB, up to you.  Part of the point of the event is to see how CVs play in the KotS format.  We'll use that data for future events.  

Ping me if you have any further questions 

[FTH]
Members
996 posts
13,888 battles

Thanks for the explanation y'all, that clears up what I've always wondered about it.

[NGAGE]
Members
366 posts
11,224 battles

I'm looking for a team to play with. I have Gearing and Groz and I played in KoTS season VII with R-F where we finished tied for 9th. 

DM me if you need a DD. 

Members
23 posts
7,861 battles
3 hours ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

I'm looking for a team to play with. I have Gearing and Groz and I played in KoTS season VII with R-F where we finished tied for 9th. 

DM me if you need a DD. 

Sounds like stepping out of comfort zone a bit for me...expectations lol. I also would be interested in a team. I'm not the best; never was...just a solid second string that shows and does the best I can. Played now 2.5 years, just started a clan 4 months ago, getting better..., and luv the game. Tier 10 I play are the German G. Kurfurst, and Hindenburg as my primaries. thanks...GLHF.

[NSC]
[NSC]
Members
247 posts
5,392 battles

I would like to find a team as well for me and my DesMoines. Gonna need some assistance solving discord though... Send me a message in game or here if you're looking for another player.

[WGA]
Administrator
1,259 posts
508 battles

We're super excited to see who shows up for this and I'm REALLY interested in which of you will bring CVs.  It's going to be something to watch!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,439 posts
20,366 battles

You know, it may help the anger levels if Wargaming put up a team that the players could vent their frustrations out on by sinking them or beating them in the game.... Just saying that sinking someone you are not particularly happy with is pretty satisfying. If everyone is a good sport about it, maybe it will help those with ruffled feathers...

Edited by Taylor3006

[RQL]
Privateers
239 posts
10,017 battles

Just so y'all know, registration ends at Midnight tonight.

Will make stream details known once the list is set.  

[WGA]
Administrator
1,436 posts
723 battles

Good luck to all the teams participating!

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this