You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Misfit87

PLEASE READ WAR GAMING!

62 comments in this topic

[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
278 posts
9,783 battles

I hope War Gaming sees this post. I am also thinking about taking a break from this game. My reason is not because of the CV rework, something needed to happened and it's too soon to judge this new play style. I am thinking of quitting because of War Gaming's business practices. I used free XP about 600,000 worth to research the US CV line, I then went to the inventory to sell them as I did not like the play., only played one game.  I received no warning that Selling this would lock the line again even though I researched it after the update using free XP. Thought I would be able to buy back for just credits.  I don't care about the free XP what I care about is the line is now locked after researching it AFTER the update. Made the mistake of selling in inventory rather than in the port.  This was a honest mistake. After submitting a ticket War Gaming has said basically to spend another $100 to convert the XP they placed on the Eire. I feel like there should have been a big warning pop up saying what would happen if you try to sell the CV's. After  almost three years of playing and supporting this game this is not how you treat your player base.  I have asked to have the US CV line unlocked  or to have the XP placed on the Eire to be put back as free XP. Both of these War Gaming is not willing to do. With this happening and some other things in the past I really will have to question if I still want to support this company. I am still hoping for a resolution that will work for myself and War Gaming. 

Edited by Misfit87
  • Cool 2

[TBW]
Members
8,232 posts
14,993 battles
11 minutes ago, Misfit87 said:

I used free XP about 600,000 worth to research the US CV line, I then went to the inventory to sell them as I did not like the play., only played one game.  I received no warning that I would not be getting the free XP back, but that it would go on the Eire

That was not free xp it was ship xp and always has to be paid for to convert to free xp. Free XP is the XP you see in the upper right corner of the port screen. Once used free XP is used and you have to earn more. Quit playing if you feel the need to but it wasn't WG it wasjust the fact that you were wrong about how it works.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
278 posts
9,783 battles

If anyone knows how to email someone directly at War Gaming support please forward that info to me. I feel like through the ticket system we're not communicating effectively. Thanks. 

[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
278 posts
9,783 battles
Just now, Sovereigndawg said:

That was not free xp it was ship xp and always has to be paid for to convert to free xp.

I did pay to convert the free XP, research the US CV line. Then I played one game and sold the line in inventory not knowing that the free XP I just used would be placed on the Eire. 

[TBW]
Members
8,232 posts
14,993 battles
1 minute ago, Misfit87 said:

I did pay to convert the free XP, research the US CV line. Then I played one game and sold the line in inventory not knowing that the free XP I just used would be placed on the Eire. 

you don't get free XP back you spent money to make the grind less if you want to play free you have to do the grind.

[TBW]
Members
8,232 posts
14,993 battles
3 minutes ago, Misfit87 said:

Then I played one game and sold the line in inventory not knowing that the free XP I just used would be placed on the Eire. 

What ever xp you made on the ship in that 1 game is what went to the Erie. The Free XP was spent and does not come back when you sell the ship. Even if you never played a game in it you would not have gotten the Free XP refunded. Sorry.

[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
278 posts
9,783 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

you don't get free XP back you spent money to make the grind less if you want to play free you have to do the grind.

this was not free! Used doubloons to convert the XP to free XP. Used the free XP to research the line, sold it. They placed a little over 600,000XP on the Eire and locked the US CV line.. 

[TBW]
Members
8,232 posts
14,993 battles
5 minutes ago, Misfit87 said:

this was not free! Used doubloons to convert the XP to free XP. Used the free XP to research the line, sold it. They placed a little over 600,000XP on the Eire and locked the US CV line.. 

If you convert XP (with Doubloons) to Free XP, you are essentially paying to lessen the grind. Once spent free XP is spent, weather you bought it or earned it. It is really simple, WG is right and you are wrong about how free XP works. I feel for you but there is only 2 choices, continue to play with your new knowledge or quit playing and you still have the new knowledge. I am not trying to be a [edited], I am just stating facts.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
278 posts
9,783 battles
3 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

If you convert XP (with Doubloons) to Free XP you are essentially paying to lessen the grind. Once spent free XP is spent weather you bought it or earned it. It is really simple WG is right and you are wrong about how free XP works. I feel for you but there is only 2 choices continue to play with your new knowledge or quit playing and you still have the new knowledge. I am not trying to be a [edited], I am just stating facts.

Sorry, it sounds like you're not understand what happened. My problem is with the fact that the XP was taken off of the US CV line and placed on the Eire, I don't want 600,0000 on the Eire and they locked the US CV line. I should be able to simply buy back the line for credits since it was already researched under the new update. I can not because of a misunderstanding of the inventory option to sell CV's right now. 

Edited by Misfit87

[TBW]
Members
8,232 posts
14,993 battles
6 minutes ago, Misfit87 said:

Also if you buy a ship either with cash or Doubloons you don't get cash or doubloons back when you sell it. You get in game credits. Caveat emptor (buyer beware).

[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
278 posts
9,783 battles

Also if you buy a ship either with cash or Doubloons you don't get cash or doubloons back when you sell it. You get in game credits. Caveat emptor (buyer beware).

I completely understand that. We're talking about regular CV's, not premium. 

[TBW]
Members
8,232 posts
14,993 battles
3 minutes ago, Misfit87 said:

Sorry, it sounds like you're not understand what happened. My problem is with the fact that the XP was taken off of the US CV line and placed on the Eire and they locked the US CV line. I should be able to simply buy back the line for credits since it was already researched under the new update. I can not because of a misunderstanding of the inventory option to sell CV's right now. 

I see, yes I do believe there have been some problems that people have been having. In which case maybe who helped you atr WG was thinking like me.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
278 posts
9,783 battles

If the CV line was unlocked and I could purchase for credits I would not have a problem. Problem is I would have to either grind it out or free xp it again under the new update which I've already done under the new update. 

[TBW]
Members
8,232 posts
14,993 battles
33 minutes ago, Misfit87 said:

I used free XP about 600,000 worth to research the US CV line, I then went to the inventory to sell them as I did not like the play

Did you have them before the update? You can't research them after the update and get Free XP back when you sell them. The line should however all be researched if what you say is correct. Good luck with your dilemma.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
278 posts
9,783 battles

Did you have them before the update?

No, I did not. In the inventory it said you could sell you CV's for up to so many days if you did not like them. Cool, that's great. I was just not aware of what happened if you did not have the CV prior to the patch when you sold it. I just wish this would have had a big warning on what would happen if you sold the CV in the inventory section and not the tech tree. I should have sold it in the tech tree for the credits and it would still be unlocked I thought this is what would have happened when I sold them in the inventory section of the game, but instead it locked the line and put the free XP used to research the line on the Eire. 

[TBW]
Members
8,232 posts
14,993 battles
Just now, Misfit87 said:

No, I did not. In the inventory it said you could sell you CV's for up to so many days if you did not like them.

There in lies the problem, from what I have seen if you had the CV's they have been urging people to try them before they sell them and they can do that for quite some time from what I understand. You can't get the free xp back but you should for sure, be able to buy back any researched ships that you have sold for credits.

[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
278 posts
9,783 battles

There in lies the problem, from what I have seen if you had the CV's they have been urging people to try them before they sell them and they can do that for quite some time from what I understand. You can't get the free xp back but you should for sure, be able to buy back any researched ships that you have sold for credits.

Yep if I could buy them back for credits that would be great, but I can't. 

[TBW]
Members
8,232 posts
14,993 battles

You may want to explain to them in a ticket that you misunderstood how it works and have them reverse the sale. They are notorious at confusing people.

[TBW]
Members
8,232 posts
14,993 battles
2 minutes ago, Misfit87 said:

Yep if I could buy them back for credits that would be great, but I can't. 

I would reference this page so they can better understand what you are saying.

[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
278 posts
9,783 battles

I would reference this page so they can better understand what you are saying.

Thank you for the suggestion. Would I just include the link to this page in a ticket? 

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
915 posts
5,530 battles
11 minutes ago, Misfit87 said:

No, I did not. In the inventory it said you could sell you CV's for up to so many days if you did not like them. Cool, that's great. I was just not aware of what happened if you did not have the CV prior to the patch when you sold it. I just wish this would have had a big warning on what would happen if you sold the CV in the inventory section and not the tech tree. I should have sold it in the tech tree for the credits and it would still be unlocked I thought this is what would have happened when I sold them in the inventory section of the game, but instead it locked the line and put the free XP used to research the line on the Eire. 

You just misunderstood how they were going to deal out the FXP. You get the FXP given to you for the CVs you earned before the update plus they also gave you the CVs you had earned in their new form for free as they installed the update. So a complete win for the player.

What you want is to try them now after the update and make your choice that wasn't a option for receiving FXP.

They didn't do it for the British DDs or the French BBs so why should they do it for the CVs if you didn't own them before the update?

Okay I see your problem is you sold them and want to buy them back but can't. Why did you sell them to begin with?

Edited by Mainerd

[OO7]
Members
5,613 posts
12,354 battles

That sucks and I hope WG support helps you out. 

I do know the reason that WG made it so that you couldn't obtain fxp for CVs if you acquired them this patch was to prevent players from gaming the system and obtaining fxp conversions for free. 

I know thus because I was part of conversations about doing this. If I sold all my CVs for fxp right now, I could then power grind the cv line again and sell it for fxp again, essentially turning what was regular xp on the carriers to fxp for no conversion cost. There were players ready to do this if it was structured this way and some of them would have likely been able to do this a couple times before the sale period for fxp was over. 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
278 posts
9,783 battles
Just now, Ducky_shot said:

That sticks and I hope WG support helps you out. 

I do know the reason that WG made it so that you couldn't obtain fxp for CVs if you acquired them this patch was to prevent players from gaming the system and obtaining fxp conversions for free. 

I know thus because I was part of conversations about doing this. If I sold all my CVs for fxp right now, I could then power grind the cv line again and sell it for fxp again, essentially turning what was regular xp on the carriers to fxp for no conversion cost. There were players ready to do this if it was structured this way and some of them would have likely been able to do this a couple times before the sale period for fxp was over. 

Yeah I understand about not getting the free xp back, I just want to be able to purchase the ships for credits not xp again since they were researched under the new patch.