Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JCC45

Re-setting Captain Skills and Ship Assignments Question for the Experts

4 comments in this topic

[YORHA]
Members
4,349 posts
7,888 battles

I should probably know the answer to this but I don't,so here goes.  Hypothetical follows.

Let's say I have a 19pt U.S. Iowa Captain that I want to have flexibility for after all the smoke has cleared with 8.0 onward .  So I reset his skills to zero, retrain him for the Erie and put him in reserve.  Once the smoke is cleared and the free respec/retraining period is over I decide to put him in the Pensacola.

What would the retraining cost be?  I am assuming it would be zero but I want the advice of more experienced players before I make an expensive mistake.

[ARGSY]
Members
13,892 posts
8,971 battles

IIRC the retraining cost is based on the number of points, and I wouldn't take the risks you're thinking of taking. 250K to retrain a 19 pointer before you pay the 200K silver for half retraining. Don't go there. 

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
4,349 posts
7,888 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

IIRC the retraining cost is based on the number of points, and I wouldn't take the risks you're thinking of taking. 250K to retrain a 19 pointer before you pay the 200K silver for half retraining. Don't go there. 

But the points have been reset to zero during the free respec.

[CIAO]
Members
117 posts
13,486 battles

You can reset the Captain and just not put the points back on.  The problem you're going to run into though is if you put him on your Erie he's going to be specialized for Iowa, but "retraining" his 19 skill points on the Erie.  It doesn't matter if you've not "spent" the points.  If you're dead set on moving your 19 point Captain with a timed delay I'd;

Reset his skills and leave him in reserve.  If you feel the need to reassign him a ship then pay nothing for the retraining (since your intent is to move him again anyway).  Whenever he gets to his forever-home, you'd still have to pay retraining costs (for the ship), but then get to spend your 19 points freely.

Sign in to follow this