You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SJ_Sailer

Are there any Daily Stats on DD participation in Random Battles?

6 comments in this topic

[ADOPT]
[ADOPT]
Members
883 posts
2,792 battles

I am seeing less and less DD's in random battles.  I know I have shelved my DD's and am playing Light Cruisers now.

Is there any daily stat tracker that shows what percentage of DD's are in random battles and how that compares to a month ago?

Thanks.

Members
707 posts
4,742 battles

Warships.today used to give that info, but it's constantly broken these days. Anecdotally, I'm seeing a minor reduction in DD numbers but nothing too significant. I will say that I've shelved everything but my Fletcher for a little while until the number of CVs dies down (if it ever does).

While being kept spotted was always an issue for DDs, the real challenge is the number of attacks that a CV can make on me in a very short period of time. Playing my Fletcher, I can pop DFAA with an AA build and the CV quickly learns to leave me alone. In my Z-46 though, if a CV wants me dead, I'm done unless I can get over to a friendly ship with better AA before that happens. I was trying to cap in it yesterday and spent 3 minutes perma-spotted and under constant rocket attack. Not enjoyable at all.

[ADOPT]
[ADOPT]
Members
883 posts
2,792 battles
30 minutes ago, Jiggiwatt said:

Warships.today used to give that info, but it's constantly broken these days. Anecdotally, I'm seeing a minor reduction in DD numbers but nothing too significant. I will say that I've shelved everything but my Fletcher for a little while until the number of CVs dies down (if it ever does).

While being kept spotted was always an issue for DDs, the real challenge is the number of attacks that a CV can make on me in a very short period of time. Playing my Fletcher, I can pop DFAA with an AA build and the CV quickly learns to leave me alone. In my Z-46 though, if a CV wants me dead, I'm done unless I can get over to a friendly ship with better AA before that happens. I was trying to cap in it yesterday and spent 3 minutes perma-spotted and under constant rocket attack. Not enjoyable at all.

I have a Sims with DFAA but I did not have any affect on planes.  Shot down 2 the whole battle and used up 3 charges.

Also the sector control does not seems to work to well either as somehow the planes know which side it is on and fly around to the other side.

• Cool 1

Members
707 posts
4,742 battles
1 hour ago, SJ_Sailer said:

I have a Sims with DFAA but I did not have any affect on planes.  Shot down 2 the whole battle and used up 3 charges.

Also the sector control does not seems to work to well either as somehow the planes know which side it is on and fly around to the other side.

I managed to get 21 my first time out with the Fletcher, setting a new record. I think it worked out to about 40k damage.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
9,219 posts
13,019 battles

Probably a great time to play a dd if other dd's are bailing. Always play counter to the Meta when you can.