Sign in to follow this  
Avrova1904

High ping recently

3 comments in this topic

Members
342 posts
6,004 battles

I am having high ping, between 145 to 500 ms but rise to those numbers suddenly and then drops. I am now playing from Europe and the best I can have is 105 which is good enough to play smoothly until my ping rises during some seconds or a minute. I think my computer is good enough to play, I have everything maxed and I usually have 61 fps, sometimes drop to 55 and in the worst case to 40 (just a second) and usually happens with explosions during a matter of seconds. My internet connection is not good enough but I wanted to know if can be my computer. These are my computer specs:

Alienware 17 R3

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700 HQ (base frequency: 2.20 GHz, Turbo Frequency: 3.5 GHz).

RAM: 16 GB DDR4 (2100 MHz)

HDD: SATA 1 TB 7200 RPM

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M 3 GB DDR5

[WOLF7]
Members
11,571 posts

Ping is usually an issue with your isp, or something along the route.

Run a traceroute a number of times and see what results you get.

Community Department
2,590 posts
771 battles
1 hour ago, Avrova1904 said:

I am having high ping, between 145 to 500 ms but rise to those numbers suddenly and then drops. I am now playing from Europe and the best I can have is 105 which is good enough to play smoothly until my ping rises during some seconds or a minute. I think my computer is good enough to play, I have everything maxed and I usually have 61 fps, sometimes drop to 55 and in the worst case to 40 (just a second) and usually happens with explosions during a matter of seconds. My internet connection is not good enough but I wanted to know if can be my computer. These are my computer specs:

Alienware 17 R3

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700 HQ (base frequency: 2.20 GHz, Turbo Frequency: 3.5 GHz).

RAM: 16 GB DDR4 (2100 MHz)

HDD: SATA 1 TB 7200 RPM

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M 3 GB DDR5

The reasons may differ. I would recommend you to run WGCheck (Extended Network Diagnostics) and then please submit a ticket and attach your report and write there all details. Also note your type of connection and model of your router. 

Sign in to follow this