Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xTybaltx

0.8.0 im having a blast!

21 comments in this topic

[-BRS-]
Members
131 posts
9,168 battles

We all know people flock to the forums/reddit to rage and be angry when they arent happy. But happy people dont troll the forums, they go do other things. Ill throw my two cents to help balance that out. I thoroughly enjoy 0.8.0!

Are cvs perfect? Hell no. Does seeing 2 or 3 cvs in a match irritate me? Hell yes. BUT seeing 1, 2, or even 3 cvs in a game today doesnt nearly give me the irritation at seeing even 1 rts cv previously. 1 rts cv only happened before 1 out of 10 games, so us as players simply delt with it, but the rts cvs as they were ruined the game for every single player on both teams in one way or another. 

Now 1 or 2 cvs may be annoying and the bane of existence for whichever lonely flank ship they want to kill, but not every single player in the game.  And the cv player is not single handedly dictating this game as a win or a loss when previously it did. Aaa and airplane damage values need tweaked but thats easy to do, airplane respawn rates and consumables need adjusted, again thats just number adjustments, easy to level out. 

Keeping it rolling, any real rts fans out there? I am one. Wows cv rts sucked, people who are good at rts style gameplay would find wows rts boring and would only love that they could troll the crapout of an enemy. People who dont like rts style gameplay never played cv or got stomped by people who were starcraft vets (vets that probably found old age caught up with them and they couldnt keep up with the clicks per second). We know all this, this is why very few people played the rts cv and the rest of us only had to deal with them 1 out of 10 games. I decided to dust off my cv for a few games so far, you know what? I had fun. I was genuinely entertained. I didnt kraken and carry the game, i was active and worked down ships but ive had far more success in my dds and bbs. The plane callback function was exploitable and i had way to many planes but again easy adjustments. 

Oh still rolling, concealment 10% across the board! but my stealth yamato! Im down. Any change that encourage build variation im all for. Concealment was a mandatory t4 skill on all boats, if its a mandatory skill, better than all other skills, there is a problem there. People whine about balance but get upset when it brings things that are strong back to earth. Bringing me to "but but fires burn on my stalin now 60 seconds instead of 45" ffs please. The cooldown on damage con for a stalin is like 45 seconds anyway, and your most likely taking all the fire prevention crapyou can take. People will whine about 15 seconds of fire but dont mention they are using a stalin sized battleship in a cruiser slot. Balance works both ways again, i still like my stalin. 

And finally, ranked arms race. Im having a blast. Its harmless fun. A new game mode forcing people to be more aggressive? Sure why not. Does every random, ranked, and clan battles game have to be the same [edited]gamemode? Secondary bbs are powerful, give the loathed fdg a try. U might find some fun to be had. 

Tldr: i enjoyed wows before. I still enjoy it now. 

• Cool 10
  • Boring 2

[ARGSY]
Members
10,914 posts
7,074 battles
3 minutes ago, xTybaltx said:

Keeping it rolling, any real rts fans out there?

I liked the RTS style; I think it sort of fit what CV's were supposed to be in this game. But the number of squadrons you got as the tiers went higher made it too easy to do terrible things to people too far apart, and the people who were capable of doing that really well (not everybody can) just walked over everyone, to say nothing of people who mastered manual drops. I got as far as Independence before the rework and I thought OMG, how many of my teams have to suffer while I learn to get this right?  So while I'm sad to see it go before I could get good at it, I'm not going to flip furniture over in a rage or anything like that.

I suck at Rework carrier too, but that's a matter of inexperience.

If concealment is 10% across the board, that's just one step away from simply baking it into ships from the start and giving us something else to replace it. We could be waiting a while, though.

[-BRS-]
Members
465 posts
19,866 battles

Even though i give my friend grief from time to time. I do agree with change.

My only REAL gripe, is arms race as a ranked battle play style. They are forcing me to play something I didn't like ti begin with. If I wanted to be playing PUBG, I'd be playing PUBG. I don't want to chase "buffs" down and then sit in the middle of the map. 

• Cool 1

[SYJ]
Members
109 posts
9,748 battles

My only issue is why I can't see the bomb sight with the dive bombers.  It's halfway off the bottom of the screen when they are in the dive or is it just me?

• Cool 1

Members
2,443 posts
9,116 battles

I am truly enjoying the patch, and welcome the changes.  I see myself playing CVs more often.  I see people crying on forums, primarily DD players that enjoyed operating away from fleet.  Post patch I have seen some DDs either grouping with CLs or other DDs in combination with using smoke to successfully deter any attempts to screw with them with planes.  If you take your ship and break away from the fleet, don’t come to the forums crying that CV player is focusing you.  What other choice does CV player have, his planes will melt near multiple AA.

[WGA]
Administrator
1,470 posts
734 battles

Hello Captains,

I am glad you are trying the reworked cvs.

Please keep giving us feedback!

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
131 posts
9,168 battles
41 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

I am truly enjoying the patch, and welcome the changes.  I see myself playing CVs more often.  I see people crying on forums, primarily DD players that enjoyed operating away from fleet.  Post patch I have seen some DDs either grouping with CLs or other DDs in combination with using smoke to successfully deter any attempts to screw with them with planes.  If you take your ship and break away from the fleet, don’t come to the forums crying that CV player is focusing you.  What other choice does CV player have, his planes will melt near multiple AA.

Yeah same. And dds are having it tougher than they used to. But i have heard some ideas to still allow dds to play the edges. Time will tell if changes come. 

[-BRS-]
Members
465 posts
19,866 battles

I just figured out my Arms race gripe...It's a game mode like epicenter, domination, or standard battles, but the others aren't rotated in. Just rotate in Arms race and it'll be fine. Playing it non-stop is what stinks.

[RNG]
Members
107 posts
9,386 battles
1 hour ago, xTybaltx said:

We all know people flock to the forums/reddit to rage and be angry when they arent happy. But happy people dont troll the forums, they go do other things. Ill throw my two cents to help balance that out. I thoroughly enjoy 0.8.0!

Are cvs perfect? Hell no. Does seeing 2 or 3 cvs in a match irritate me? Hell yes. BUT seeing 1, 2, or even 3 cvs in a game today doesnt nearly give me the irritation at seeing even 1 rts cv previously. 1 rts cv only happened before 1 out of 10 games, so us as players simply delt with it, but the rts cvs as they were ruined the game for every single player on both teams in one way or another. 

Now 1 or 2 cvs may be annoying and the bane of existence for whichever lonely flank ship they want to kill, but not every single player in the game.  And the cv player is not single handedly dictating this game as a win or a loss when previously it did. Aaa and airplane damage values need tweaked but thats easy to do, airplane respawn rates and consumables need adjusted, again thats just number adjustments, easy to level out. 

Keeping it rolling, any real rts fans out there? I am one. Wows cv rts sucked, people who are good at rts style gameplay would find wows rts boring and would only love that they could troll the crapout of an enemy. People who dont like rts style gameplay never played cv or got stomped by people who were starcraft vets (vets that probably found old age caught up with them and they couldnt keep up with the clicks per second). We know all this, this is why very few people played the rts cv and the rest of us only had to deal with them 1 out of 10 games. I decided to dust off my cv for a few games so far, you know what? I had fun. I was genuinely entertained. I didnt kraken and carry the game, i was active and worked down ships but ive had far more success in my dds and bbs. The plane callback function was exploitable and i had way to many planes but again easy adjustments. 

Oh still rolling, concealment 10% across the board! but my stealth yamato! Im down. Any change that encourage build variation im all for. Concealment was a mandatory t4 skill on all boats, if its a mandatory skill, better than all other skills, there is a problem there. People whine about balance but get upset when it brings things that are strong back to earth. Bringing me to "but but fires burn on my stalin now 60 seconds instead of 45" ffs please. The cooldown on damage con for a stalin is like 45 seconds anyway, and your most likely taking all the fire prevention crapyou can take. People will whine about 15 seconds of fire but dont mention they are using a stalin sized battleship in a cruiser slot. Balance works both ways again, i still like my stalin. 

And finally, ranked arms race. Im having a blast. Its harmless fun. A new game mode forcing people to be more aggressive? Sure why not. Does every random, ranked, and clan battles game have to be the same [edited]gamemode? Secondary bbs are powerful, give the loathed fdg a try. U might find some fun to be had. 

Tldr: i enjoyed wows before. I still enjoy it now. 

Thank the flippin' powers that be for some level-headed people out there.  Right on, Tybs!  The game isn't balanced right now but WG isn't going to leave it like this.  I love the game.

1017893009.png

Edited by FreshSqueezed
  • Cool 1

[O7]
Members
1,048 posts
14,167 battles
11 minutes ago, Ducati_Black said:

I just figured out my Arms race gripe...It's a game mode like epicenter, domination, or standard battles, but the others aren't rotated in. Just rotate in Arms race and it'll be fine. Playing it non-stop is what stinks.

My biggest issue is it feels like the team that wins is the one who collects all the shiny things and keeps their health alive until the last few minutes then its team deathmatch. I miss the objective play of map control. This just feels like a bunch of 1v1's. Every game in my black I am knife fighting another DD then healing and spamming torps for 10 minutes

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
465 posts
19,866 battles
3 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

My biggest issue is it feels like the team that wins is the one who collects all the shiny things and keeps their health alive until the last few minutes then its team deathmatch. I miss the objective play of map control. This just feels like a bunch of 1v1's. Every game in my black I am knife fighting another DD then healing and spamming torps for 10 minutes

Definitely agree with this. You can't ignore the buffs...I've tried, but then the enemy no matter the skill of the player is buffed to much and you get stomped.

[ARGSY]
Members
140 posts
5,046 battles

I like the features of cv play and the new graphics are brilliant but there are serious issues that need to be addresses. Noster put out a good video demonstrating the impossible position that dd jocks are now facing.  It is not made up. I am not saying go back to old system but there is certainly much work that needs to be done.  Much work.....

[RNG]
Members
107 posts
9,386 battles

I think this is why I'll probably only play dds... it's frustrating to have to rely on others to know what to do. I watched a Jutland the other day sail AROUND a buff.  :fish_palm:

Beta Testers
146 posts
8,047 battles

We have some vocal haters in our clan, but I'm with Tyb on this one.  I've been playing "regular" ships as well as a little Langley, mostly in co-op to get used to the controls.  I'm having fun so far, something that I could never say of the old system.  It might not be well balanced yet, but it's already better by a country mile.

• Funny 1

[ENDO]
Members
237 posts

My congrats to the developers of the rework. I know they must have worked too many long hours for too many days straight. I also know that they all knew that the WOW community will do many things that they did not even think about. That speaks volumes for the player base which amazes me each day.

The largest problem I had with the CV rework is that the combat zone is far richer in activity. A lot of my kills were in conjunction with CVs spotting for me. Some of my deaths can be attributed to CVs.  I do feel the CV player's pain of not feeling that they impact the combat zone. One great player lamented that his greatest impact was finishing the wounded off. My only CV problem is that when my CA was close to the CV the CV can launch a squadron and attack me faster than my guns can reload.

The 8.0 release is just not limited to CV rework but many other changes were also change. Torpedo flood damage and ship concealment are examples of this. Theses changes requires some ships to change their play styles. Thus it a takes a few attempts for the average player to get the hang of the changes. It is my hope that a month from now, things will settle down and players will adjust to all of these changes.

Beta Testers
146 posts
8,047 battles
1 hour ago, mrkimba said:

The 8.0 release is just not limited to CV rework but many other changes were also change. Torpedo flood damage and ship concealment are examples of this. Theses changes requires some ships to change their play styles. Thus it a takes a few attempts for the average player to get the hang of the changes. It is my hope that a month from now, things will settle down and players will adjust to all of these changes.

The flooding changes are not in yet. They're either in ST or slated for the next release.  But you're right about the spotting - which will go back closer to the old way in a couple of patches.

[IN3PT]
[IN3PT]
Members
126 posts
16,595 battles
3 hours ago, iKami said:

Hello Captains,

I am glad you are trying the reworked cvs.

Please keep giving us feedback!

Ever notice there is only a red post when someone sings the praises of the rework but not when they are mentioning everything wrong with it?

[-BRS-]
Members
131 posts
9,168 battles
39 minutes ago, tainteddoughnut said:

Ever notice there is only a red post when someone sings the praises of the rework but not when they are mentioning everything wrong with it?

you are probably right. however when peoples complaints are "wah wah they made my op ship less op i want a refund" or "wah wah lifes not fair" or "wah wah no one has any idea what they are doing i quit". emphasis on the wah's of course.  you can see how that doesnt get a response?

• Funny 1

[IN3PT]
[IN3PT]
Members
126 posts
16,595 battles
4 minutes ago, xTybaltx said:

you are probably right. however when peoples complaints are "wah wah they made my op ship less op i want a refund" or "wah wah lifes not fair" or "wah wah no one has any idea what they are doing i quit". emphasis on the wah's of course.  you can see how that doesnt get a response?

Problem is even well written complaints pointing out the flaws and how this wasn't ready are brushed under the rug they only want confirmation bias feedback.

[-BRS-]
Members
2,626 posts
16,059 battles
3 hours ago, Tibson said:

We have some vocal haters in our clan, but I'm with Tyb on this one.  I've been playing "regular" ships as well as a little Langley, mostly in co-op to get used to the controls.  I'm having fun so far, something that I could never say of the old system.  It might not be well balanced yet, but it's already better by a country mile.

:cap_viking:

I'm having fun in ranked battles:Smile-_tongue:

Members
950 posts

110% agree with the OP.

This is a great change and the hand wringers and whiners are out posting in force.

With the adjustments mentioned by the OP things will smooth out.

Very well written by the OP

Sign in to follow this