You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ares1967

AA garbage or great....

4 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
1,344 posts
11,264 battles

So your Musashi shot down 50 planes and your Divmates Seattle got none... no, AA isnt amazing on the Musashi or garbage on the Seattle.

There's a new damage counter in the top right of your screen. Its damage to planes. Strangely it doesnt appear in the after match results. I had a match yesterday where I did just shy of 100k plane damage for a measly 2 shot down. I also swatted 7 Midway DBs in a single flak burst with GK doing less than 1k plane damage. They had overflown both my Divmates, gotten shreaded, and I reaped the reward. As with every WG idea RNG is working as intended...

Think of the damage counter the same way you think of potential damage. You may not get the glitzy kills but you know you did a major part of the work.

Now to get the plane damage results added to the after action details...

@Radar_X

Edited by Ares1967
  • Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
4,815 posts
2,726 battles

I agree.  Maybe they needed to balance the game live, but the after action reports should have been good to go.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,247 posts
14,314 battles

FWIW, that counter was only added in the final PTS patch, so it was probably a last minute feature. I'd expect the rest of the UI to catch up to it soon.

As for getting amazeballs AA damage... well, in all honesty, it's more whether the CV player screwed up than anything special you can do/not do as a surface ship.

[SBS]
Members
3,998 posts
2,408 battles

Adding some of my thoughts on the AA, and plane HP.  As the OP pointed out its possible to do little damage and still shoot down planes, and vice versa.  I'm guessing the player that got the plane kill gets all of the XP, that's just a guess.  If that's the case then it probably needs changed to how XP is awarded for ship damage.  Also, the plane HP system has other problems.  A ship can do a ton of damage to planes but fail to shoot any down.  These damaged planes fly back to the carrier and are instantly repaired.  At that point the AA was only a distraction for both the ship and CV player.  Is it better than the old all or nothing plane damage system?  I don't know.  It shows there is no system that is perfect.