You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
abyssofthetriffid

British aircraft carriers.

18 comments in this topic

Members
58 posts
4,157 battles

Yup I saw the Audacious last night while I was out playing my Midway. I couldn't tell if the player was good or if the ship is just that good right now. But he did pretty well, and I think I'm starting to get the hang of this CV rework thingy.

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

They are now being live tested by supertesters, WG employees, and CCs.

It was a furious cv.

Edited by abyssofthetriffid

[-DZ-]
Members
279 posts
10,251 battles
19 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

They are now being live tested by supertesters, WG employees, and CCs.

After the bang up job they did with the rework I cant wait too see the RN CVs go live 

Members
131 posts
2,173 battles

I fought against the audacious last night. It was insane. Entire team within 5 km of each other(bbs and Ca) and he still managed to get a torp on me. Crazy thing was the planes after making the torp drop, used that magical f key to warp drive back home. So annoying when they get drops off and go straight up and disappear while your teams AA IS blasting him.

Edited by Pyun

[HINON]
Members
11,696 posts
2 hours ago, MisterSlithers said:

After the bang up job they did with the rework I cant wait too see the RN CVs go live 

Not the same thing. The rework couldn't be live tested in the way a ship could because of the fundamental mechanic changes. 

[-DZ-]
Members
279 posts
10,251 battles
17 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Not the same thing. The rework couldn't be live tested in the way a ship could because of the fundamental mechanic changes. 

I was being sarcastic and Ive never been too impressed with the job ST's have done with some of the crap thats went through I just know I wont be buying it or anything WG puts out for this game now

[HINON]
Members
11,696 posts
6 hours ago, MisterSlithers said:

So because something you didn't like was implemented in a certain way,  it must be the testers fault? 

[TIPS]
Beta Testers
144 posts
2,488 battles

The new carrier gameplay just takes getting used to. I was terrible at first, but now I'm only mediocre.  With some more practice, I'll probably be good.  They're more fun to play now, just some minor tweaks are needed.

[1RD]
Members
66 posts
7,454 battles

@LittleWhiteMousestated at the end of her Premium Irian review that there are five (5) British carriers in the works: Hermes, Furious, Implacable, Indomitable, and Audacious.  Seeing that the CV rework is only allowing even-tiered carriers, how will that work?

Looking forward to the line.  Here's hoping that if the line is successful, they will add two premium carriers, the most famous of them all:  HMS Ark Royal at Tier 6, and HMS Illustrious at Tier 8.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
10,838 posts
8,934 battles
6 minutes ago, HMCS_Moncton said:

@LittleWhiteMousestated at the end of her Premium Irian review that there are five (5) British carriers in the works: Hermes, Furious, Implacable, Indomitable, and Audacious.  Seeing that the CV rework is only allowing even-tiered carriers, how will that work?

Looking forward to the line.  Here's hoping that if the line is successful, they will add two premium carriers, the most famous of them all:  HMS Ark Royal at Tier 6, and HMS Illustrious at Tier 8.

Four are tech tree ships, one is a premium:

• Tier 4 - Hermes
  • Tier 6 - Furious
  • Tier 8 - Implacable
  • Tier 10 - Audacious

• Tier 8 Premium - Indomitable.

[1RD]
Members
66 posts
7,454 battles
3 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Four are tech tree ships, one is a premium:

• Tier 4 - Hermes
  • Tier 6 - Furious
  • Tier 8 - Implacable
  • Tier 10 - Audacious

• Tier 8 Premium - Indomitable.

Ah, gotcha @LittleWhiteMouse, thanks for that.

How are you finding the CV rework?  Never played CV's much before, but it isn't bad, although being able to direct strategy with three flights of planes to spot for team mates is gone.  And, no bot planes to shoot down anymore in Co-Op, so I had to re-spec all my AA boats for surface action.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
10,838 posts
8,934 battles
1 hour ago, HMCS_Moncton said:

Ah, gotcha @LittleWhiteMouse, thanks for that.

How are you finding the CV rework?  Never played CV's much before, but it isn't bad, although being able to direct strategy with three flights of planes to spot for team mates is gone.  And, no bot planes to shoot down anymore in Co-Op, so I had to re-spec all my AA boats for surface action.

The CV gameplay itself is a lot of fun.  I'm enjoying it a lot.  Setting up attack runs, dodging flak, landing repeated hits, providing fighter cover for allies -- this all feels fun and rewarding. This isn't to say there's not a lot of serious issues that need to be resolved, however.

• Long range torpedo drops are an issue.
  • Setup times for attack runs (the amount of time between launching the attack and being able to fire ordnance) need to be lengthened.
  • AA mechanics need their numbers changed significantly.
  • Balance of individual ships is off.  For example, Graf Zeppelin is (still) hella OP while Enterprise is so boring it hurts.
  • Matchmaking needs to be tweaked -- most tier 6 and 8 carriers struggle to do anything when facing ships two tiers higher.
  • etc...
Edited by LittleWhiteMouse
  • Cool 4

[AMWKS]
Modder
312 posts
4,021 battles

The UK CVs are a lot of fun so far.  I think the Hermes HE bombers can use a slight buff though.  Landed a pretty good carpet of bombs on a Myogi.  16 hits, for zero pens.  Same when I dropped on a Wyoming.  Might be because they don't want new players at that tier being overwhelmed by the CV mechanic.

I haven't jumped in the Audacious yet, only gone as far as both tier 8s.  But that entire line so far has been fun.

I think most of the talk will revolve around the Indomitable.  No torpedo bombers, but hyper-fast attack aircraft and dive bombers.  The thing reeks of a DD-killer.

• Cool 1