Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KnyxUDL

Day 3 of 0.8.0: False advertising and Game balance non existant

38 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
361 posts
137 battles

Here we are in the third day of 0.8.0. Wargaming continues to commit false advertising, and still has not allowed refunds for Stalingrad and Kron.

First they were refuted when they tried to claim justification for the fire duration increase to the "Super Cruisers", an imaginary designation that does not exist in game. Multiple threads exist that were created that proved the Stalingrad to actually be performing LOWER than multiple T10s in the primary game mode, of which dictates balance (randoms).

Second, due to a leak from a WGEU employee, WG was caught in a bait and switch. Before the Steel packages were placed for sale in the shop, they made an entry into the dev blog specifically mentioning Alaska and Azuma ONLY as to be receiving a fire duration increase to 60s. Only a few weeks ago it was leaked with words straight from a WGEU employee that the Stalingrad and Kron were going to be receiving said fire duration increase...all this time. Id bet you'd find less people buying up the Steel packages if the a steel ship was going to be nerfed.. hmm?

Third. We are now in day three of the patch and the arsenal is STILL advertising the Stalingrad as having 45s fire duration. False advertising.
Where is the option to get a refund for steel spent?  There wasn't much of a reason to get the Stalingrad over the Bourgogne before the fire duration increase, now the Bourg is essentially a large upgrade almost as if the comparison is T9 vs T10. Do the employees at WG who refuse to offer something as simple as a refund for Steel and FXP actually think they have the same level of job security to survive a boycott from the whales like EA/DICE does??

Now on to the CV rework. All of the massive fallout from this patch is simply built up, from years of Wargaming moving in a completely opposite direction from ANY sense of balance. CVs, now with a revived population, simply exasperate that extreme unbalance this game suffers. There is absolute zero balance framework, there is no singular balance model being followed. WoWs right now, and has been for years, is like building a house on a foundation made of termite infested wood on quicksand. The data, and attributes of each high tier ships corroborate this fact. Risk vs Reward is paramount and a fundamental of balance.   CVs are the lowest risk ship type in the game, followed by BBs, yet both enact the highest reward.. Unlimited planes, game mode where ships don't have respawn mechanics themselves, longest range, and still highest performance averages. The only way you'd know this game had even an inkling of balance is if the performance data started match the inherent risk. All ships should perform within a respectable balance range, however, deviations should exist. Not "large deviations" but deviations none-the-less. The deviations should be relative to inherent risk. The ship with the least inherent risk, for example, should be doing the LEAST average damage, kills, even though it has the highest survival rate. The ship with the highest inherent risk, for example, should be doing the MOST average damage, kills, etc, even though it has the lowest survival rate. That is because the ability to perform in X timeframe, has to be tuned around survival rate, expected survival rate, and the level of attributes that contribute to that.

All in all this patch is akin to the infamous "NGE" patch of SWG....

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 14

[O7]
Members
1,037 posts
14,167 battles

Asking refunds for such a minor change you will hardly notice outside of perhaps clan battles is just silly. Originally they said fire time on the already released large cruisers would be tested and likely adjusted separately obviously plans change. I'm one of the last to defend Wargaming, but this is just childish pouting at this point.

• Cool 7

[WOLFB]
Members
2,829 posts
5,553 battles

With such a small amount of games why are you playing those ships? :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,905 posts
4,166 battles
42 minutes ago, KnyxUDL said:

All in all this patch is akin to the infamous "NGE" patch of SWG....

As someone who left the game after NGE.. No not even close. 

Members
631 posts
11 battles

I asked for a refund when my spouse put on weight. You know what that got me? Alimony payments and a crappy car.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 14

[HINON]
Members
10,767 posts
17 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

Asking refunds for such a minor change you will hardly notice outside of perhaps clan battles is just silly. Originally they said fire time on the already released large cruisers would be tested and likely adjusted separately obviously plans change. I'm one of the last to defend Wargaming, but this is just childish pouting at this point.

You are arguing with Zarth's what 3rd of 4th alt account as I'm assuming they keep getting banned. It's a pointless exercise as he exists in a conspiracy world believing he knows all and everyone else is wrong.

• Cool 3

[STAR]
Members
3,303 posts
8,120 battles

Disagree with most of OP points. And i would not get a refound on my Kron even if WG offered one. But i must say that im really disappointed in WG directly nerfing premium ships as they did. Im going to hold my wallet for a while now. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,261 posts
5,474 battles
9 minutes ago, Excuse_Maker said:

I asked for a refund when my spouse put on weight. You know what that got me? Alimony payments and a crappy car.

LOL!! Been there it's funny now but there was a time....

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
361 posts
137 battles
2 hours ago, Kebobstuzov said:

Size of the change is meaningless. Principle is.

Zero justification for said change. Should we expect them to just nerf and buff with absolutely zero reasoning? When is the line drawn? 16s increase? 20s increase? 30?
Bait and switch. Not illegal in context here, but would cause massive loss in buyer confidence.
on top of it all, still falsely advertising the ship even after the unjustified change

• Boring 1

[O7]
Members
1,037 posts
14,167 battles
15 minutes ago, KnyxUDL said:

Size of the change is meaningless. Principle is.

Zero justification for said change. Should we expect them to just nerf and buff with absolutely zero reasoning? When is the line drawn? 16s increase? 20s increase? 30?
Bait and switch. Not illegal in context here, but would cause massive loss in buyer confidence.
on top of it all, still falsely advertising the ship even after the unjustified change

They did justify it. The ship clearly has significant advantages. it is not OP, but this at least helps moskva get an advantage over stalin in an area. If you want to talk false advertising, how about this one. They told us stalin would ONLY be available when you got 3 stalingrad flags from clan battles. Then right at the end of season three they said 'never mind the stalin flags will become steel and anyone can get it if they get enough steel from clan battles or ranked" . Fast forward a few months "actually we want money, PEF missions for steel so now 45%ers get stalingrad that was supposed to be a reward ship". THAT is far more of a reasonable gripe than them making it burn a little bit longer.

• Cool 4

Beta Testers
361 posts
137 battles
7 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

They did justify it. The ship clearly has significant advantages. it is not OP, but this at least helps moskva get an advantage over stalin in an area. If you want to talk false advertising, how about this one. They told us stalin would ONLY be available when you got 3 stalingrad flags from clan battles. Then right at the end of season three they said 'never mind the stalin flags will become steel and anyone can get it if they get enough steel from clan battles or ranked" . Fast forward a few months "actually we want money, PEF missions for steel so now 45%ers get stalingrad that was supposed to be a reward ship". THAT is far more of a reasonable gripe than them making it burn a little bit longer.

They were refuted therefore making said justification void.

"Significant advantages". Subjective at best.  Balance is based on and proven through objective fact. The data, which disproves said justification. Moskva already had an "advantage". DPM, Accuracy (Hello Legendary mod and velocity), and Hydro. Oh yea and the data that shows most T10 BBs overperforming for years and not receiving a nerf?

What you described is not false advertising. However, it can be classified as a bait and switch, IF they had planned on lessening the requirements to get it all along and were simply dishonest at the start.

The ship received a change, obviously that made it of lesser value (no matter how much), the shop where you can purchase the Stalingrad is STILL advertising the old fire duration. Additionally the change to the ship was planned all along, even before they started selling the Steel packages, and made sure to not make that information public.

• Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
4,684 posts
2,642 battles
2 hours ago, Excuse_Maker said:

As the current internet winner of the day, I am just going to drop this off now.

Image result for Internet Champion

• Cool 1

[-TD-]
Members
45 posts
15,859 battles

WG should take a little note of another company that changed things once....

In 2015, the British Cadbury company under the American Mondelēz International conglomerate announced that it had changed the formula of the Cadbury Creme Egg by replacing its Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate with "standard cocoa mix chocolate". It had also reduced the packaging from 6 eggs to 5 with a less than proportionate decrease in price.This resulted in a large number of complaints from consumers. Analysts IRI found that Cadbury lost more than $12 million in Creme Egg sales in the UK.

So Basically Wargaming have done the same with WoWs..how much is it going to cost them in lost revenue ? From the forums I have seen loads of people state that they have unistalled the game, I have no reason to doubt them as I am one of those who have unistalled the game

• Cool 2

Members
631 posts
11 battles
15 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

As the current internet winner of the day, I am just going to drop this off now.

Image result for Internet Champion

Seems like others may have walked the same road.

Members
534 posts
1,236 battles
3 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

You are arguing with Zarth's what 3rd of 4th alt account as I'm assuming they keep getting banned. It's a pointless exercise as he exists in a conspiracy world believing he knows all and everyone else is wrong.

wait, this is Zarth? The guy who went on and on in countless posts over multiple threads about "Stalingate" whining about how he wasn't able to open up his wallet and buy the Stalingrad? Now he's got it and whining about not being able to get a refund for it because of a fire time increase? Seriously?

Edited by USS_Taylor_Swift

[WGA]
Administrator
1,427 posts
709 battles

Hello Captains,

Stalingrad burns for 60 seconds. This is taken directly from the arsenal. 

60.PNG

[OO7]
Members
4,451 posts
11,011 battles
3 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

That's a logical fallacy and I reject your straw man argument. 

• Funny 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
5,394 posts
10 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

wait, this is Zarth? The guy who went on and on in countless posts over multiple threads about "Stalingate" whining about how he wasn't able to open up his wallet and buy the Stalingrad? Now he's got it and whining about not being able to get a refund for it because of a fire time increase? Seriously?

Yeap, another alt for Zarth/Sbane. 

[HINON]
Members
10,767 posts
11 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

That's a logical fallacy and I reject your straw man argument. 

But ducky, you forgot multiple bullet points and paragraphs. -2 points for improper formatting.

• Funny 1

Beta Testers
361 posts
137 battles
29 minutes ago, iKami said:

Hello Captains,

Stalingrad burns for 60 seconds. This is taken directly from the arsenal. 

60.PNG

Must have changed within a few hours. Was being falsely advertised for days, including this morning.

Still waiting for Steel refund.

[OO7]
Members
4,451 posts
11,011 battles
2 minutes ago, KnyxUDL said:

Must have changed within a few hours. Was being falsely advertised for days.

Still waiting for Steel refund.

Reading. It's a skill. Git gud

• Funny 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
5,394 posts
15 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

But ducky, you forgot multiple bullet points and paragraphs. -2 points for improper formatting.

He also forgot the giant wall of links to Wikipedia articles that contradict his claims and links to massive stat dumps that don't show what he claims they show...

Beta Testers
361 posts
137 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

Reading. It's a skill. Git gud

Likewise. Try less emotion and more logic.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,845 posts
10,376 battles

Hmm, I see words but all I read is blah blah blah blah blah. Odd.