You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

AA Ratings not changing with AA Modules/Capt Skills 8.0

9 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,407 posts
14,771 battles

As the title says the AA ratings for ships are not changing with the addition of AA modules and/or Capt skills. How are we to know what combo provides the best results or even how something will affect the AA individually if the ratings don't change? This is even worse for me as a Co-op player because I can't even test the AA out in different forms during this free reset period as you don't have the AI CV's ready yet. 

All I can rely on is the AA ratings and if they don't change what am I supposed to do? I know I can check out the stats for long/mid/short in the AA section but honestly those are just numbers and having a rating like we used to have tells me more. I have 40-50 ships I had spec'd for AA and you changed both the AA modules (which you demounted on me too) and Capt skills. 

You guys need to get the AA ratings working again. Please. It is not just me either. I made a post and others are seeing it too.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 3

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,407 posts
14,771 battles
9 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

I got charged to put my modules back on i mean wth is going on here? my aa rating has gone from 47 to 31? :cap_fainting:

Well, they changed AAGM2 and AAGM3. We now have an AAGM1 for slot 3 and the new AAGM2 is in slot 6. 

They demounted all AAGM#'s you had purchased and placed them in your inventory. The old AAGM2's @ 500K credits were changed to the new AAGM2 @ 3 Million credits. So you can go into inventory and sell them at 1.5 Million each and then buy the new AAGM1 for slot 3 and make 1 Million p/ module.

AAGM3's were changed to/replaced with AAGM1 in your inventory and you lose credits there unfortunately. For most people you make credits as AAGM3 was rarely used while AAGM2 was often used. I had 40+ AAGM2 but like 3 AAGM3.

The kicker here, as I have read from some people (true?), is you can't see those AAGM2 modules in inventory unless you have a T9+ ship which is the 1st tier that has the 6th slot. They claimed if you don't have a qualifying ship you can't see the modules in inventory. I question this as you can see perma camos for ships you don't have in inventory. I would go to your inventory and look and see if all your old AAGM2's are there as the new AAGM2's you cans ell for a million profit each.

It is a pain and is time consuming but not much else to do. Also, not sure that AAGM1 is even worth it as it just adds 2 extra flak bursts to AA. Wow, super powerful. :Smile_sceptic:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,407 posts
14,771 battles
6 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

The AA rating was always a meaningless arbitrary number.

Yes and no. Yes in the sense that a ship like Montana could have a 100 rating but actually have far more powerful AA than some other ship like Conqueror that also had  a 100 rating. No in the sense that at least when you added a Capt skill or a module the rating changed and you could see by how much so you had some idea if it was worth it or not. Add the old AAGM2 for instance and it might jump the rating 5 or 15.

So I respectfully will have to disagree that it was meaningless. At the very least it is something I could go on to judge if a skill or module would have an impact or not.

[HINON]
Members
10,767 posts
6 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yes and no. Yes in the sense that a ship like Montana could have a 100 rating but actually have far more powerful AA than some other ship like Conqueror that also had  a 100 rating. No in the sense that at least when you added a Capt skill or a module the rating changed and you could see by how much so you had some idea if it was worth it or not. Add the old AAGM2 for instance and it might jump the rating 5 or 15.

So I respectfully will have to disagree that it was meaningless. At the very least it is something I could go on to judge if a skill or module would have an impact or not.

Due to that it was meaningless when trying to figure out the optimal build. I always looked at the actual characteristics of the ships AA guns, consumable choices, etc. to figure it out for each ship. With the changes you might want to play around with different builds to see what you like.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,407 posts
14,771 battles
6 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Due to that it was meaningless when trying to figure out the optimal build. I always looked at the actual characteristics of the ships AA guns, consumable choices, etc. to figure it out for each ship. With the changes you might want to play around with different builds to see what you like.

I have a crap ton of ships and Capt's that were AA builds. Having to change Capt skills and swap modules in and out, while looking at the stats would take me a year. The ratings were so much easier. Not 100% accurate but enough so that it made the choices easy. I can't even try this stuff out in game play as there are no CV's for the bots. Well I "could" technically but as I don't play PVP in effect I truly can't.

I was hoping to get it figured out during this free reset period so that when WG eventually gets the AI done and the bot team gets CV's too I was ready and wouldn't have to spend a bunch of resources to do it. Not happening I guess. The new plan is to go away from AA builds for now and monitor the forums for what changes seem to be the best bang for the buck so to speak and then make them in the next free reset which is around 8.2 I guess. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,435 posts
20,361 battles
4 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I'm not certain WG knows what the numbers mean yet :Smile_hiding:

I am not sure that Wargaming knows much of anything right now except there are a herd of pitchfork and torch wielding players banging on their door.....