Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BUNNYHUGGERI

Dear Wg...Please read...I am done for now...and why.

99 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

118
[FYL]
Members
648 posts
2,621 battles

I would try to hold on a little, it looks like cv players are already getting bored of them and they are dropping rapidly in both co op and random. I expect a surge over the weekend, but in another week or two I think most people will have dropped CVs.

I think this rework can still be salvaged in terms of game balance, but I think CVs are simply too boring to succeed the way they wanted and based on my chats a lot of new people agree.

 

There have been a ton of people with thousands if not tens of thousands of games and less than a dozen posts or so coming to post and say they've had enough of this. The amount of 1 posts 4k+ game accounts denouncing this is surprising and telling, imo.

Edited by Tanuvein
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
760
[WAG]
Members
1,714 posts
9,510 battles

WG... it really does boggle the mind the way you operate.

The change up for CVs was something that needed to happen, but you have just gone about it all the wrong ways.
 

You didn't spend enough time, or make it possible, for enough people to play the PTS. You pushed the queue to 30 seconds, which prevented real players from facing each other in any real numbers, so the whole PTS was not productive for the user base. It may have tested the mechanics of the game, but did little to nothing to test the play itself.

Then, you just pour the whole mess all over the entire game, and surprise, you got a mess!!!

What you could have done was to introduce T4 cvs for a few week(s), then added T6... and so on... introducing it a little at a time.

You could have listened to the user base, but instead chose to ram this whole thing right at them.... The CV roll out is a giant cluster and you have alienated a bunch of people, congrats.


Ranked is also no longer interesting with the gimmicks of zones... pffft... you are trying to hard and it shows.  Over the last 9 months you have ramped-up the gimmicks and marketing, fire hosing events and challenges, and continuing to mess up and drive off users through the actions and decisions you are making, but your response to me about these issues is to ignore the PMs sent .. PMs sent to try to get you to see how you are messing up...

.....anywho.. color me disillusioned.


 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
30 posts
1,923 battles
1 hour ago, _WaveRider_ said:

The DDs do seem to be being reported as being in a bad place - but I really do think we need to give it some time so the full picture can be discovered.

The 'picture', as far as DDs are concerned, is pretty simple: against any competant CV player, they're royally screwed. against incompetant CV players, they're almost as screwed.
At least with the RTS CV interface, CV players had to concentrate on multiple things. with this new interface, they only have to concentrate on one thing.
DD's get permaspotted and blapped before they can make any kind of play. Try to hide? Well, not only are you not doing anything useful, but you're a sitting duck the instant some plane comes over your cover island and blaps you. Try to dodge aircraft attacks? You wind up going slowly and get lit up by BBs 20km away.
With two or three enemy CVs in near every match, DDs have, overnight, become almost unplayable. Good luck getting into position to launch torpedos (the actual landing of which is less than 1/20) without being spotted.
Here was me thinking that Island Penetrating Radar was bad enough. WG: "Hold my Beer......"
I for one will not be buying any more doubloons and once my current Premium time runs out, if things haven't changed for the better, I will uninstall.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
816
[O7]
Members
1,061 posts
14,167 battles

I disagree with your point on CVs in that there really is no way to get a large enough amount of people to go on PTS and make full battles and then expect a true live server scenario there in any capacity near enough to test properly. That being said, I think there is far too much exaggeration about CVs as they stand, its week 1 and things WILL settle down and we can get to seeing what it really is like. WG admitted already it is going to take a patch or two to dial in based on statistics over the next few weeks. It is just something that has to be done. 

 

Ranked however... I agree, it is gimmicky and basically a team deathmatch where people need to preserve their HP while the team picks up as many buffs as possible for the late game. This is not a strategical game mode like ranked really should be. It is a deathmatch that just feels shallow and repetitive. please give us a true ranked season at T8 or T10 ASAP

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
315
[--V--]
Members
863 posts
11,693 battles
1 hour ago, Gasboy said:

WG is trying to move the game in a direction they think will be, in the end, beneficial to the game.  We're free to agree or disagree, and to speak with our wallets, or our feet.

WG is trying to make the game appealing to console gamers where they think they can make big bucks.  3D planes flying around is the first step toward this.  The other step was speeding up the game, make it faster paced, chaotic.  Appeal to 13-15 year olds.

Since the patch, within 45 seconds of a match starting planes have been in my spawn.  There is NO opportunity for deception, ambush or strategic planning now.  Its EVERYONE is spotted, start firing.   As I said in another post, this has made the last few days more like Call of Duty run and gun rather than a ship fighting game.

I've had premium since the beginning.  Spent a lot of money on this game over the last 2 1/2 years, but no more.  I'll continue playing til my premium time is completed in 2 weeks, then take a long break.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
64
Members
213 posts
18,404 battles

Right now with all the CV's being tried out it is an especially hard time on other ships.  Let the dust settle some before making hasty decisions.  I do agree that the balance between AA and CV's seems to be off after this release, but I am sure that WarGaming is busy looking at stats and battles to evaluate the situation.  They will want to try to be fair to all players and ship types as it is in their interest.  So we may see some adjustments in the near future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
92
[FF]
Members
254 posts
8,359 battles
21 minutes ago, Grflrgl said:

Arms Race. Need I say more?

That's why I said, "I guess" lol

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
30 posts
1,923 battles
Just now, S842 said:

So we may see some adjustments in the near future.

if there aren't some serious 'adjustments', i can see a lot of people heading for the door. myself included. i may be a n00b at this particular game, but with over 35 years of gaming under my belt, I know complete dogshite when I play it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
749
[HINON]
Members
2,956 posts
21,188 battles

That was a very heartfelt post. With emotions running high these past couple days, this player has voiced his concerns without making a scene. I respect that a lot and I do hope that he sticks around to see the adjustments. I can tell he enjoys botes very much and only wishes for the game to be enjoyable for all classes. Nuff respect BUNNY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
351
[55TH]
Beta Testers
1,285 posts
3,689 battles
7 minutes ago, SeaborneSumo said:

WG is trying to make the game appealing to console gamers where they think they can make big bucks.  3D planes flying around is the first step toward this.  The other step was speeding up the game, make it faster paced, chaotic.  Appeal to 13-15 year olds.

Since the patch, within 45 seconds of a match starting planes have been in my spawn.  There is NO opportunity for deception, ambush or strategic planning now.  Its EVERYONE is spotted, start firing.   As I said in another post, this has made the last few days more like Call of Duty run and gun rather than a ship fighting game.

I've had premium since the beginning.  Spent a lot of money on this game over the last 2 1/2 years, but no more.  I'll continue playing til my premium time is completed in 2 weeks, then take a long break.

Sure.  I've spent a lot of money on the game also.  Had premium more often than not.  I'm going to keep playing.

The furor over the patch will die down, it's already doing so.  When I started playing on Wednesday, there were far more carriers in the queue than every other ship type combined.  Now that's started to level off and return to almost normal.  DDs vanished from the queue for a while, but they are also returning.

People adapt.

Enjoy your break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
386
[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles
13 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

I disagree with your point on CVs in that there really is no way to get a large enough amount of people to go on PTS and make full battles and then expect a true live server scenario there in any capacity near enough to test properly. That being said, I think there is far too much exaggeration about CVs as they stand, its week 1 and things WILL settle down and we can get to seeing what it really is like. WG admitted already it is going to take a patch or two to dial in based on statistics over the next few weeks. It is just something that has to be done. 

...

I second this. Give it a little more time to simmer, and I doubt it'll be as apocalyptic as it is now.

CV drivers are new and therefore are unfamiliar with how the new AA works. CL and CA drivers are unfamiliar with the sector system, so there isn't a definitive way to provide AA support for the team yet. DD drivers have yet to adapt to the new meta where there are consistently 2 or 3 CVs in the game.

And almost everyone is running at least a partial AA build, making CV's lives a lot more difficult than they otherwise would be.

What I'm trying to get at is... come back after a few balance patches, and 0.8 might not feel as horrible as it does now. As for me, I fully intend to make the most of the transitional period and stay ahead of the CV learning curve by taking full advantage of the new sector system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,008
[SBS]
Members
4,177 posts
2,408 battles
49 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

This reminds me a bit of the overreaction to the USN CL line release. "5 Radars are in every game. DDs can't do anything. The sky is falling.....

19 minutes ago, Tanuvein said:

I would try to hold on a little, it looks like cv players are already getting bored of them and they are dropping rapidly in both co op and random. I expect a surge over the weekend, but in another week or two I think most people will have dropped CVs.

I think this rework can still be salvaged in terms of game balance, but I think CVs are simply too boring to succeed the way they wanted and based on my chats a lot of new people agree.

I don't think WG spend all that money on the rework to let the CV population just fizzle out in a few days after release.  At the announcement of the rework WG said it was their intention to have CVs be just as popular as the other ships.  They wanted to remove all CV specific MM limits.  They wanted 3-4 per team, every match.  They tried that out in PTS round 1 and it only lasted a couple of hours before they had to remove it as people got to see what a train wrack that was.  WG then backpedaled and said they wanted 2, with a cap of 3 CV per team, every match.  That's only ~16% of games in CVs.  That isn't setting the bar very high.  The only way WG let CVs fizzle out is if the rework causes people leave in masses.  I expect WG to make changes that keep the CV population at the numbers to have 1-2 per team, every match.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,009
[FU8AR]
Members
2,657 posts
5,592 battles
49 minutes ago, Bubbaxz said:

My one and only post, I am done untill something is done about this newest version. The game has gone from a ship simulator to an arcade game and I and the money I would have spent are going away.

I hope others will also quit the game untill changes are made, the way to get WG to see the problem is to take your cash and go away.

Haven't spent a dime in two months. Have played two random battles in that time frame. Played the PTS, tried to help, couldn't get random games with carriers (as a non-carrier player) because WG won't make it worth people's time to download a 40gb patch and take time away from their normal game play.

I am slowly beginning to wean myself off the need to play because of the financial investment I have in the game, and how much I enjoyed playing certain botes. The YY was one such boat, and when they took the DPS nerf hammer to it because of how well it was doing in Fing clan wars, that really was the tipping point.

Add the stupid "solution" to radar the "fix" for flooding, and now this mess and well...there are other ways to spend my time and money. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
65
[SYN]
Members
283 posts
10,834 battles
2 hours ago, LoveBote said:

dds can now have effective AA, I think that is a change to be welcomed.

A CV Main ^^  -  so I should spec my 19 pt Shima Captain full AA - woohoo! thanx M8 I'll be winning games now... 

tif.thumb.JPG.8639df2d982c47a495878ae6194c2e00.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,892
[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,122 posts
8,357 battles
6 minutes ago, 05Chopp said:

A CV Main ^^  -  so I should spec my 19 pt Shima Captain full AA - woohoo! thanx M8 I'll be winning games now... 

tif.thumb.JPG.8639df2d982c47a495878ae6194c2e00.JPG

I hardly ever bully dds, Graf just doesn't have anti-dd plane loadouts (ap bombers, easy to dodge torps, over penning rockets). This may change when the Royal Navy Cvs are released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,648
[SYN]
Members
5,084 posts
12,244 battles
2 hours ago, silverdahc said:

I'm seeing a lot of players with 5000 to 14000 battles that have posted in the forum never or 1 or 2 posts coming in here quitting 

That is very concerning  

I guess that's what happens when you use the regular game to workout your bad update and use us as ginny pigs 

they should have thought this through a little harder they shoud have foreseen this happening

Sad times seeing a good thing go bad

 When you use a deadline  as your motivation and not the product  being good you're going to fail most of the time this needed a lot more testing before release

Guinea pigs.

...and deadlines (realistic and flexible) are important, or else the project never gets finished and you end up broke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,551
[HEROS]
Members
1,829 posts
5,914 battles
14 minutes ago, 05Chopp said:

so I should spec my 19 pt Shima Captain full AA 

YES!! this works!!! i shot down a plane, and got some points that way. the other shimas (on the winning team) both scored less than me.

i ended up placed 9th on my team. contributed to the loss, again. but it's an IJN torp, stealth, spot and cap DD, you have to keep in mind what role has been set aside for this bote for a long time now.

it might help if you think of yourself as being an 88 lb offensive lineman assigned to pick up multiple edge and linebackers blitzing. you will want AA for sure!!  :o)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,134
[USCC2]
Members
4,774 posts
1 hour ago, Mephiztopheleze said:

The 'picture', as far as DDs are concerned, is pretty simple: against any competant CV player, they're royally screwed. against incompetant CV players, they're almost as screwed.
At least with the RTS CV interface, CV players had to concentrate on multiple things. with this new interface, they only have to concentrate on one thing.
DD's get permaspotted and blapped before they can make any kind of play. Try to hide? Well, not only are you not doing anything useful, but you're a sitting duck the instant some plane comes over your cover island and blaps you. Try to dodge aircraft attacks? You wind up going slowly and get lit up by BBs 20km away.
With two or three enemy CVs in near every match, DDs have, overnight, become almost unplayable. Good luck getting into position to launch torpedos (the actual landing of which is less than 1/20) without being spotted.
Here was me thinking that Island Penetrating Radar was bad enough. WG: "Hold my Beer......"
I for one will not be buying any more doubloons and once my current Premium time runs out, if things haven't changed for the better, I will uninstall.

I respect your view; I know a CC out there who agrees with you 100%. I just prefer to wait a little longer to see how it pans out when experienced by the whole player base.

Although how will not spending money on doubloons show WG this is what you are protesting about - either not playing the game or not playing the ship you now feels is unplayable would be a better reflection. I love playing DDs, yes my enjoyment has continually gone downhill since I started playing, and I know along with trying the CVs I will be playing more BBs (my least favourite ship to play - yet the one I find easiest). :Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
86
[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
273 posts
8,895 battles

I hope War Gaming sees this post. I am also thinking about quitting this game. My reason is not because of the CV rework, something needed to happened and it's too soon to judge this new play style. I am thinking of quitting because of War Gaming's business practices. I used free XP about 600,000 worth to research the US CV line, I then went to the inventory to sell them as I did not like the play., only played one game.  I received no warning that I would not be getting the free XP back, but that it would go on the Eire. This was an honest mistake. After submitting a ticket War Gaming has said basically to spend another $100 to convert the XP they placed on the Eire. I feel like there should have been a big warning pop up saying what would happen if you try to sell the CV's. After  almost three years of playing and supporting this game this is not how you treat your player base.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,414
[NGAGE]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
4,529 posts
6,750 battles
2 hours ago, Rabbitt81 said:

What-Happens-After-Poor-Customer-Experience_21.png

I find it hard to believe that only 14% of people would complain on social media :cap_haloween:

1 hour ago, Slimeball91 said:

I don't think WG spend all that money on the rework to let the CV population just fizzle out in a few days after release.  At the announcement of the rework WG said it was their intention to have CVs be just as popular as the other ships.  They wanted to remove all CV specific MM limits.  They wanted 3-4 per team, every match.  They tried that out in PTS round 1 and it only lasted a couple of hours before they had to remove it as people got to see what a train wrack that was.  WG then backpedaled and said they wanted 2, with a cap of 3 CV per team, every match.  That's only ~16% of games in CVs.  That isn't setting the bar very high.  The only way WG let CVs fizzle out is if the rework causes people leave in masses.  I expect WG to make changes that keep the CV population at the numbers to have 1-2 per team, every match.   

On the Reddit Q and A Sub_Octavian just stated their new goal is is "that ~75% of battles should have at least one CV per team, with two being very rare and 3 almost non-existent"


 

Spoiler

unknown.png

 

Edited by yashma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,865
[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,525 posts
7,518 battles
1 hour ago, Bubbaxz said:

The game has gone from a ship simulator to an arcade game

The game has gone to an Arcade Game sometime back in the Closed Alpha... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,134
[USCC2]
Members
4,774 posts
2 minutes ago, yashma said:

On the Reddit Q and A Sub_Octavian just stated their new goal is is "that ~75% of battles should have at least one CV per team, with two being very rare and 3 almost non-existent"

 

Not a direct criticism about WG but if that is their goal, why not just limit the CVs to a maximum of 2 and not have a third one 'possible'. I mean it is their game (if that is really their goal).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[-TKS-]
Members
4 posts
5,778 battles

I want my monies wasted on non-CV warships back!

This game has become a total joke! 

Might as well just be 10 CV vs 10 CV

Edited by X_Lord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Community Department
2,682 posts
779 battles

Sorry, but most posts in the topic can't be considered as constructive enough. I need to lock the topic not to issue warnings.
Thank you for all constructive comments here.  
Locked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×