You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BUNNYHUGGERI

Dear Wg...Please read...I am done for now...and why.

99 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
1,163 posts
2,798 battles

I wish people would just relax and stop making decisions on impulse. Just relax...smoke a blunt or something.....

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
5,269 posts
3,092 battles
2 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

Right, you try running a restaurant where no matter what you order, you get served the same menu item and see how long you have customers. 

You can't ignore players. A game needs players and a reason to play it or game goes bye bye. Get it? I can't break it down much further for you without using hand puppets and some props.

Yes, but which players?

Some love the new CV style (why, I don't know looks like a lot of effort for not much reward).  Others hate it.

And that is only CVs.

There is too much/not enough radar.

There have been back to back threads of WG hates DDs and WG goes down on bended knee for DDs.

You yourself have accused WG of rigging matchmaking and your solution was to rig it some more (SBMM thread).

If WG just doesn't care, then it doesn't matter what we say.  But if they do care, there is nothing but noise going on right now.

And right now I am not spending any money.  Because I don't know what to spend it on. 

[PVE]
Members
850 posts
11,609 battles
6 minutes ago, Gasboy said:

WG reverting the game back on the whims of a small, noisy minority of players would be the handout.

Sigh, ok on to props...

customer-retention-17628620.jpg

What-Happens-After-Poor-Customer-Experience_21.png

Edited by Rabbitt81

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
531 posts
3,283 battles

People saying CVs stopped showing up in queue for a bit so things will be fine are ignoring the fact that WG put a lot of resources into this rework.  Their goal is to reintegrate CVs into the game.  They will make adjustments to make sure the population stabilizes and there are frequently at least one per team. 

Members
631 posts
11 battles
9 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

A WGing shill named excuse maker...lolololol wow 

That is kind of funny. I assure you, I am no shill, it's why I post on this account.

[-BRS-]
Members
2,848 posts
16,383 battles

I'm seeing a lot of players with 5000 to 14000 battles that have posted in the forum never or 1 or 2 posts coming in here quitting 

That is very concerning  

I guess that's what happens when you use the regular game to workout your bad update and use us as ginny pigs 

they should have thought this through a little harder they shoud have foreseen this happening

Sad times seeing a good thing go bad

When you use a deadline  as your motivation and not the product  being good you're going to fail most of the time this needed a lot more testing before release

• Cool 2

[HYDRO]
Members
3,196 posts
4,791 battles
7 minutes ago, Gasboy said:

WG reverting the game back on the whims of a small, noisy minority of players would be the handout.

True, forums are a small minority of the playerbase as a whole. 

That said, in a couple of weeks we will have a relatively reasonable amount of data on player server stats and see if there was a dip in numbers as a gauge of the success of the patch.

People flooding Ranked/Co-op/Scenarios instead of Randoms is another indicator that something may not be going that well. Or for example a dip in numbers after patches, while the opposite is the norm.

In the end WoWs is a digital product that must generate revenue. Sure, it can probably hold out for the couple of updates needed to tune CVs or judge whether the rework failed, but in the end to keep existing it has to sell. And when the forums, which is a relatively devoted part of the playerbase jumps ship (figuratively and literally), that means something.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1

[55TH]
Beta Testers
1,285 posts
3,689 battles
3 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

Sigh, ok on to props...

customer-retention-17628620.jpg

WoT and WoWs have been around for a bit.  And have many players.  All games experience a slow decline over time.  WoT and WoWs are doing alright for the amount of time they've been around.

Remember the removal of open ocean infinite stealth firing?  END OF WOWS... oh, wait.  This CV rework is just another one of those scenarios.  People will leave.  New people will show up.  Cycle goes on.

• Cool 1

[55TH]
Beta Testers
1,285 posts
3,689 battles
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

True, forums are a small minority of the playerbase as a whole. 

That said, in a couple of weeks we will have a relatively reasonable amount of data on player server stats and see if there was a dip in numbers as a gauge of the success of the patch.

People flooding Ranked/Co-op/Scenarios instead of Randoms is another indicator that something may not be going that well. Or for example a dip in numbers after patches, while the opposite is the norm.

In the end WoWs is a digital product that must generate revenue. Sure, it can probably hold out for the couple of updates needed to tune CVs or judge whether the rework failed, but in the end to keep existing it has to sell. And when the forums, which is a relatively devoted part of the playerbase jumps ship (figuratively and literally), that means something.

Sure, and I'm willing to wait and see what the numbers say.  For the player count, and for the numbers on the ships: damage done, games played, etc.

Til we have the numbers, which are the objective viewpoint, all we have are people's experiences, which are subjective viewpoints.  If someone is willing to walk away after two whole days, well, g'bye and good luck.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,829 posts
5,606 battles

It’s the new toy so everyone is going crazy with it. It will go back to the way it was in a few weeks. I do think they need to change the amount of CV in games. 

[55TH]
Beta Testers
1,285 posts
3,689 battles
2 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

What-Happens-After-Poor-Customer-Experience_21.png

Serb.jpg.3b3a8af3789482c8819ca1ccbb1c42ed.jpg

Members
2,901 posts
6,012 battles
8 minutes ago, Gasboy said:

Wargaming will never please everyone.  If WoWs goes in one direction, you'll have people saying they're leaving, they're done (like the folks who left due to CVs from before the rework), and if WoWs changes direction, it's suddenly the end of the world for another group of people.

Why should Wargaming be held hostage by the players of WoWs?  WG is trying to move the game in a direction they think will be, in the end, beneficial to the game.  We're free to agree or disagree, and to speak with our wallets, or our feet.

Yup, its getting pretty clear that WOWs is not for everyone in its present configuration and the divide is getting more pronounced it seems.  I think that if the CV's are going to stay ingame..the MM options of NOT playing with certain ship types is a worthwhile consideration. At this point I can only think of two to please the masses here.

NO CV's

NO SUB's

Players should have these options if WG wants to retain their playerbase.  I mean retaining means not losing revenue but otherwise there will be a flight of players who either leave in total or just play very occasionally with very little or no contribution to the WG accounts.   I myself feel WOWs should be a primary ship to ship game and having CV's is a distraction in my mind. Of course you may feel otherwise and thats your opinion.  Nothing wrong with that. We ALL have opinions just like ( You know what) ......With all game company situations like this there is a lot invested in here and as always in the short future ahead we will see if it makes or breaks the company.  

[PVE]
Members
850 posts
11,609 battles
Just now, Gasboy said:

Serb.jpg.3b3a8af3789482c8819ca1ccbb1c42ed.jpg

You think that those ideas are funny huh? Like you said, wait and see if you feel like laughing in a month from now. 

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,636 posts
5,193 battles
1 minute ago, dionkraft said:

Yup, its getting pretty clear that WOWs is not for everyone in its present configuration and the divide is getting more pronounced it seems.  I think that if the CV's are going to stay ingame..the MM options of NOT playing with certain ship types is a worthwhile consideration. At this point I can only think of two to please the masses here.

NO CV's

NO SUB's

Players should have these options if WG wants to retain their playerbase.  I mean retaining means not losing revenue but otherwise there will be a flight of players who either leave in total or just play very occasionally with very little or no contribution to the WG accounts.   I myself feel WOWs should be a primary ship to ship game and having CV's is a distraction in my mind. Of course you may feel otherwise and thats your opinion.  Nothing wrong with that. We ALL have opinions just like ( You know what) ......With all game company situations like this there is a lot invested in here and as always in the short future ahead we will see if it makes or breaks the company.  

They have said they will NEVER(tm) have a NO CV option.  I'm guessing the same applies to subs.

That being said, WG, if the day ever comes where it's time to close up shop, I'd pay really good money to get back the ships version of this game.  I haven't been spending much at all in awhile.  But, I'd even consider a subscription type deal if it'd mean less gimmicks.  Food for thought!

[55TH]
Beta Testers
1,285 posts
3,689 battles
1 minute ago, Rabbitt81 said:

You think that those ideas are funny huh? Like you said, wait and see if you feel like laughing in a month from now. 

Serb.jpg.ec838d6e236da9f2a8d62b4ce5d8465b.jpg

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,190 posts
8,357 battles
23 minutes ago, Alabamastan said:

Some, but to be honest the ones that don't shouldn't be running around shooting at planes anyway. They should be taking advantage of the fact every radar cruiser and battleship is being spotted and people are having to blow DCON in the death balls they are forming which coincidentally make inviting targets for torps. If they are not that kind of DD they can also watch for that one group that wants to try and win edge towards a cap and torp the DD or his cruiser backup that is most likely with him while they are distracted by those things buzzing around their head.

Or just snipe the enemy cv. I never get enough people trying to snipe me, my close quarters medal haul has taken a nose dive :Smile_sad: (or more seriously focus on the fact, that CVs, cannot auto drop dds, that 2/3 of our loadout is ineffective vs dds, (very slow torps, very finnicky dive bombs) that our rockets are hit and miss, with insufficient alpha, and so that we would rather focus on attacking CAs and BBs than annoying and frustrating dds! Oh, and that if a dd does spt planes, there is a high probability, they are not carrying rockets. 

[SBS]
Members
4,203 posts
2,408 battles
9 minutes ago, FlakKnight said:

People saying CVs stopped showing up in queue for a bit so things will be fine are ignoring the fact that WG put a lot of resources into this rework.  Their goal is to reintegrate CVs into the game.  They will make adjustments to make sure the population stabilizes and there are frequently at least one per team. 

I have no idea what the of CV are in the queue was/is, since I'm not playing, but, I agree with you.  WG didn't spend all that money to let CVs fizzle out two days in.

[PVE]
Members
850 posts
11,609 battles
14 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Yes, but which players?

Some love the new CV style (why, I don't know looks like a lot of effort for not much reward).  Others hate it.

And that is only CVs.

There is too much/not enough radar.

There have been back to back threads of WG hates DDs and WG goes down on bended knee for DDs.

You yourself have accused WG of rigging matchmaking and your solution was to rig it some more (SBMM thread).

If WG just doesn't care, then it doesn't matter what we say.  But if they do care, there is nothing but noise going on right now.

And right now I am not spending any money.  Because I don't know what to spend it on. 

Oh man no shortage of you people this A.M

Skill based match maker would rig matches huh? 

Your point in that thread that players only want match maker to improve because we lose to often made zero sense. 

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,190 posts
8,357 battles
29 minutes ago, Thornir said:

The IJN torp boats would like a word with you...

Kitekaze and Haragumo have excellent AA, and are very costly to attack with CV planes. I think the t8s do ok too.

[SBS]
Members
4,203 posts
2,408 battles
57 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

They have said they will NEVER(tm) have a NO CV option.

I'm not sure they said that.  They did say they don't plan on an opt out option.

Edited by Slimeball91

[WOLFG]
Members
5,269 posts
3,092 battles
Just now, Rabbitt81 said:

Oh man no shortage of you people this A.M

Skill based match maker would rig matches huh? 

Your point in that thread that players only want match maker to improve because we lose to often made zero sense. 

And your point of accusing them of rigging it and wanting them to rig it some more made less sense.

And my point was never that on matchmaking.  My point was people wouldn't believe it anyways.

You hate this game right now.  And you are getting angry because other people don't hate it.

Again the question.  Who should they listen to?

[_-_]
Members
2,107 posts
25 minutes ago, Player_9953674122 said:

Spent the whole game spotted dodging planes.

That's essentially my only issue. "Just play an AA-specced US cruiser" is neither a panacea nor is it fair to people who have thousands of hours and doubloons invested in ships with minimal playability due to poor AA ability and limited maneuverability (hello,US Standard Battleships).

When you're constantly distracted by flies, it is exceeding difficult to see and avoid the bear, much less kill it. Especially if you have no fly swatter.

If the new meta is going to boil down to World of Warships Airplanes and Targets, how long before the targets just chuck it all?

Edited by So_lt_Goes

[PVE]
Members
850 posts
11,609 battles
5 minutes ago, Gasboy said:

Serb.jpg.ec838d6e236da9f2a8d62b4ce5d8465b.jpg

... and you repost the same pic again. 

Ok?

Good talk

[55TH]
Beta Testers
1,285 posts
3,689 battles
2 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Again the question.  Who should they listen to?

Everyone.

This doesn't mean that they have to act on everyone's response.  But they should listen.